Author Topic: do bails count like deaths ?  (Read 999 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
do bails count like deaths ?
« on: December 11, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »
Kills: 50
Bails: 2
Death 4
Capture 1
= 6.25 K/D ?

50 / 6 (K+1) = 8.33

So why does a successfull bail count as a kill ?

DW6

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2000, 04:50:00 PM »
shees and i that have struggled for getting alteast almoust home to bail somthimes  

airguard

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2000, 05:07:00 PM »
Do you mean a bail count as a death?

BTW scoring being totally revamped with next update.. don't lose any sleep over the current system.

Havin said that IMO a lost aircraft should count as a kill whether the occupant bails or not.  
Also I'd like to see bail or death have no bearing on "score"  Mebbe that would shutup the chuteshot +)
And hey if u don't bring the aircraft home who cares whether yer alive or dead!

AKSKurj

funked

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2000, 05:12:00 PM »
Not sure what the AH formula is.  The WW2 formula was Kills/(Deaths+Captured).  That's the one I use.  

eskimo

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2000, 10:26:00 PM »
Killed, captured and bailed all count as deaths in the K/D ratio.  Discos count as 1/2 a death.

eskimo

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2000, 11:23:00 PM »
the +1 Kill should be removed after the player gets killed or captured

bails shouldnt count as death for K/d streak or ratio for sure
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Gie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2000, 12:55:00 AM »
What Cit said.

Remove additional death from formula K/(D+1) , when u get 1 death - easy math, no ?

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2000, 01:01:00 AM »
Bails should count as deaths, some guys bails when they cant do anything else or simply pinged.
Discos (I dont mean ALT-F4ers) should not count as deaths, damnit.
Ditches should count as kill if damaged, like in the real thing.
Stop that stupid thing: "I'm near you so I get the kill".
Captured ... ehehe .... no comment.
Lets hope in the next scoring system.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2000, 01:52:00 AM »
Gatt: if someone bails and you pinged him you will get a kill .. however a sucessfull bail out shouldn't count as a death , or  what would a capture be for ?`

Same if you ditch, if you pinged him (or are close enough (proximity kill) you will get a kill, but if he ditches in friendly teritory it shouldn't count as a death.

anyways as it's gonna be changed in 105 it's of no big matter anyways...

DW6

Offline Gie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2000, 06:47:00 AM »
My point is -
if Pilot A damaged Plane B, B diched in friendly terytory,
A scores kill (he achiewed victory)
B scores "Diched" but not dead, otherwise why are bailing and diching for ?

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2000, 06:57:00 AM »
And what about assists?
They count nothing at the moment but in may opinion they'd count something in the fighter rank.
You can object that the assists are included in the plane damage score but is it correct?
Ore they'd have a separate score ex. 10 assist=1 kill?

<S>
Lucchini

bike killa

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2000, 07:25:00 AM »
as far as i know in WW2 LW (i'm not sure about allies, but LW for sure) was using this system: if LW pilot pinged allied plane and pilot bailed out it was confirmed kill for LW. also if allied plane landed, but was damaged badly (unflyable in future or junked) it was confirmed kill for LW. as i know it was all about plane not pilot live. so loss of plane for one side = confirmed kill for other side. i'm not sure, but maybe K/D ratio = destroyed enemy planes/lost own planes in AH. if so it's correct imo. i'm not sue about captures (if it's neccesary in AH) 'cuz if i'm captured why i'm enabled to fly again 5seconds later? i schould be prisoner   . about discos...maybe it's not so bad to count it as 1/2 death 'cuz sometimes it's happened to me that i'm fighting with enemy plane and i'm close to kill him and then he disapearing (disconecting) i don't want to judge anyone, but i think sometimes disconections are planned by pilots if they are in discomfortable situations ( maybe i'm wrong about it, but when it heppening 4 times in a row it's kinda suspected for me anyway hehe). so maybe it's a good thing to count it for 1/2 kill...maybe not.
just my opinion
<S>!

------------------
bikekil
308 (Polish) Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"

....come and get it

[This message has been edited by bike killa (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2000, 07:51:00 AM »
IMHO, the only way you should get credit for a kill is if you are actually engaged in combat with someone.
I got credit for 4 kills the other day while I was sitting on the rearm pad.......the acks got the bastages, and I got the credit?
Yesterday, I ran out of fuel while we were taking a base.......never got pinged, hit, nothing.........along comes a C-Hog, starts shooting up some of me countrymen.........while he was doing this, I successfull got my plane on the ground . wheels down, no damage at all.
When I exited, "xxxxx" got credit for the kill..........?????  Likely he never even saw me........this is the craziest scoring system I have ever seen!  What makes it even nuttier is that we hadn't yet taken the base, but if I HAD reached the runway and landed there, I would have been given credit for landing successfully........in ENEMY territory!
Hope HTC makes wholesale changes in the system......it's about time.

[This message has been edited by eddiek (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2000, 01:49:00 PM »
Oh, what about having only "shot down" and "victories"? Some guys here have 100 bails and 10 deaths ... eheh ... you understand my point  

I for one never bail-out, it makes my score a mess. I want to know *exactly* how dweeb I am, not to hide it.

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 12-12-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown