Author Topic: Apache  (Read 983 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Apache
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 12:18:55 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
apache and I are just poor, pathetic, losers.  We are working on turning sax into one.

steve.. grab an FM2..  I love running into other FM2 guys.   Lucky for me it only attracts the least skilled.   I could use the challenge.  I think you have started to slide toward the dark side.
lazs

Lazs, I'd love to go up ain ya in a Wildcat. I'd welcome the challenge. The 'cat is an awsome knife fighter, and one of the most under appreciated in the game. After viewing yer stats, I'm sure I'll come out bloodied, but wiser.

Slim

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Apache
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2003, 12:08:01 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Don't sweat Laz's opinions on player ability,  anyway.
He's no judge of talent.
He calls himself mediocre, but I would argue that his own numbers indicate otherwise.  Lazs currently maintains a K/D of better than 3/1 and a K/T of around 11.  Anyone that can do that consistently in the FM2 of dooooooooooooom  deserves a label significantly more lofty than "mediocre".
Having spent a ton of time in the MA this month (mon in law in town for almost 4 months), and time in the Fm2(a blast!), I think I have run into enough mediocrity to know it when I see it.   :)

NO .. NO .. NO ... Steve you have it all wrong. Lazs is the biggest kill stealer I have ever flown with ... thats how he maintains those stats :D

Back from vay-cay ... 10 days in Cali ... was real nice ... drove thru Dixon Lazs !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Pirate BK

• Zinc Member
Apache
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2003, 12:54:39 AM »
Thanks in advance Chris ... just posting to see if it worked :)

pirate

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Apache
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2003, 01:53:29 PM »
slap... u drove thru Dixon and didn't call me?   What's the story on that sh**?
lazs

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
Apache
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2003, 04:05:49 PM »
Slap:

Dixon is not very big.  In fact if you drive through Dixon and swerve 2 feet you are likely to hit lazs.  Which brings up another question...  Why didn't you swerve?

Hooligan

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Apache
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2003, 05:27:39 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
slap... u drove thru Dixon and didn't call me?   What's the story on that sh**?
lazs

Had I planned on driving thru Dixon prior to leaving on vay-cay, I definately would have tried to stop ... I had no idea I was in Dixon until I saw the sign ... at that point I had no number to call and I didn't think that I would have found "lazs" in the phone book. Sorry 'bout that ... I was disappointed too !!!

Hooli ... lol ... I think it was I-80 I was on and saw no pedestrians on the side of the road. If I did, I might have stopped and asked if they were Lazs or knew him.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
MBS
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 02:54:21 AM »
I have read about the joint TAS & BK campaigns on this board in recent months.

It seems to be going really well!  Don't know why you guys don't just merge to form a new squadron. You could call it "The Mutual Backslappers Squadron".  

:D

Gone till Tuesday - Toodle-Pip!

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Re: MBS
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2003, 09:26:30 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e

It seems to be going really well!  Don't know why you guys don't just merge to form a new squadron. You could call it "The Mutual Backslappers Squadron".  

I think we've been dissed.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Re: MBS
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2003, 02:43:43 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e

For myself I find it rare to have a sortie like the one with Apache and just posted a public for his benefit. In my backslapping opinion this is the best way to show appreciation for a players talent.
Actually its backbone slapping , but it's ok if you don't appreciate our doing it Beetle

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Apache
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2003, 03:00:40 PM »
He evidently has a problem with TAS and the BK's, irregardless of what is being said here. He's posted more of the same in other threads.

Again, our little british friend has missed the point....it's about the fight and those who fight it....both are foreign to Beetle.:)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Apache
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2003, 03:05:07 PM »
Yeah, I'll admit I admire the BK's. I'll tell you why too.

You meet the BK's, you're in for an instant bare fanged brawl.

Don't matter who's got the alt, don't matter who's got the speed, don't matter who's in what plane. Only thing that matters is that there's an enemy to FIGHT.

That attitude gets my admiration, respect and anytime.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Apache
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2003, 04:47:24 PM »
Muhaha!  Bagged 3½ :)

I just threw in my earlier post as a reflex reaction to redress the balance. After all, Nopoop pissed on my 109G10 v P51 post. But he did apologise. hehe, no apology needed. Nopoop and I are old mates from Brand-W.

I'm secretly jealous of you BKs and TAS because my own squadron has collapsed. We had a spate of account cancellations in my squad - largely because of disaffection with AH gameplay. Finally, Revvin himself left, and AFAIK the squad has disbanded. I have formed a temporary squadron - The Toodle-Pippers - while I look for a new one. I know from past experience that the most important factor governing score or k/d etc. is the team package - communication, coordination and teamwork.

Anyway, I have two squads in mind, and will ask if I can join.