Author Topic: Alabamas Judge Roy Moore  (Read 3470 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Alabamas Judge Roy Moore
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2003, 07:45:39 AM »
You're soo wishy-washy and weak MT.

:p

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Alabamas Judge Roy Moore
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2003, 09:19:38 AM »
As opposed to wrong and strong?

:p

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Alabamas Judge Roy Moore
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2003, 10:11:19 AM »
I just don't get it.  I saw a clip of an "interview" last night on TV of who I can only assume is Judge Moore.  He was screaming like a TV evangelist about "this not being about the sepration of church and state or about the law, but about the power of god."  Im sure that is not what he said verbatim, but it is somewhat close.

What i dont get: If this man is so strong in his beliefs, and is so insistent upon expressing his beliefs, why did he choose a career that limits his power to incorparate these beliefs into his job?

Why not be a TV evangelist? Or the head of a local Church? Some career involved with people who CHOOSE to attend a place where they can share and celebrate their beliefs and faith and would honor and respect the presence of the Ten Commandments or any other rendition of a religious relic.

Saying this, I know some people might say that individuals should not be disqualified from any career because of their own religious or even secular beliefs.  Of course they shouldn't.  

But at the same time, if a person chooses to persue a career where one is a representative of the powers that be, (the secular governmental power, that is) their personal and private faith should have no effect, bearing, or influence on that said career.

This fact (factual in MYHO) being stated, and the signfigance made ten-fold by the fact that near 50 percent of the people that attend a court of law don't want to be there, no one should be subjected to one particular set of religious beliefs.  

Granted, a two ton monolithic structure engraved with the Ten Commandments being present outside or inside a courthouse is not exactly imposing any religious belief on anyone. You could choose to walk by it and not look at it.  

In addition, if you have chosen a religion (or have chosen to be areligious) that is different to the one that holds the Ten Commandments sacred and the law of Man and God, the presence of such a monolith should not bother you.  

Only those unsure of their own faith are threatened by the presence of another's.  This works for any religion or lack thereof.

But i digress.

I just don't see why anyone who has such firm religious beliefs, infact someone who has defined his whole chararcter and career by them, would persue and indeed defend his role as an administrator of justice in a society where justice is mandated to be blind.

:confused:

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
Alabamas Judge Roy Moore
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2003, 07:44:49 AM »
Originally posted by loser
I just don't get it.  I saw a clip of an "interview" last night on TV of who I can only assume is Judge Moore.  He was screaming like a TV evangelist about "this not being about the sepration of church and state or about the law, but about the power of god."  Im sure that is not what he said verbatim, but it is somewhat close.

What i dont get: If this man is so strong in his beliefs, and is so insistent upon expressing his beliefs, why did he choose a career that limits his power to incorparate these beliefs into his job?

Why not be a TV evangelist? Or the head of a local Church? Some career involved with people who CHOOSE to attend a place where they can share and celebrate their beliefs and faith and would honor and respect the presence of the Ten Commandments or any other rendition of a religious relic.

Saying this, I know some people might say that individuals should not be disqualified from any career because of their own religious or even secular beliefs.  Of course they shouldn't.  

But at the same time, if a person chooses to persue a career where one is a representative of the powers that be, (the secular governmental power, that is) their personal and private faith should have no effect, bearing, or influence on that said career.

This fact (factual in MYHO) being stated, and the signfigance made ten-fold by the fact that near 50 percent of the people that attend a court of law don't want to be there, no one should be subjected to one particular set of religious beliefs.  

Granted, a two ton monolithic structure engraved with the Ten Commandments being present outside or inside a courthouse is not exactly imposing any religious belief on anyone. You could choose to walk by it and not look at it.  

In addition, if you have chosen a religion (or have chosen to be areligious) that is different to the one that holds the Ten Commandments sacred and the law of Man and God, the presence of such a monolith should not bother you.  

Only those unsure of their own faith are threatened by the presence of another's.  This works for any religion or lack thereof.

But i digress.

I just don't see why anyone who has such firm religious beliefs, infact someone who has defined his whole chararcter and career by them, would persue and indeed defend his role as an administrator of justice in a society where justice is mandated to be blind.
:confused:

I saw a brief clip while scanning past the news channels last night. Some bubba blubbering "Get yer hands off my God!!" as they moved the monolith. Lotsa folks down there letting the cheese slip right off the cracker.
Flying as Noser

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Alabamas Judge Roy Moore
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2003, 08:01:38 AM »
Originally posted by Snork
I saw a brief clip while scanning past the news channels last night. Some bubba blubbering "Get yer hands off my God!!" as they moved the monolith. Lotsa folks down there letting the cheese slip right off the cracker.

LOL - true - but the media isn't gonna put the calm rational side of the christian argument on the tele - that would go against their cause and be boring "news"...

I think for every "blubbering bubba" you see on tv, there are many "sane" ppl who don't see a problem with the AL judges (who seems alittle overboard too to me) decision. Heard over 70% think they should let the rock be ..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Alabamas Judge Roy Moore
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2003, 08:14:18 AM »
This monument was put there by the judge without consent from anyone. Then ignores a court order to remove it, making a total mockery of the system he is sworn to uphold. Let me tell ya, if that's me ignoring a court order, they are hauling my prettythang off to jail.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)