Author Topic: If you could change anything in the game...  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
If you could change anything in the game...
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2003, 06:18:30 AM »
I'd change the sheep.  Get rid of the three cotton balls with eyes and replace them with sheep that actually looks like sheep.

Oh, and have them get rid of the damned ****ed up auto-retracting flaps.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2003, 04:49:30 PM »
P47N and autoslap for lala pilots :D

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2003, 08:24:40 PM »
It would be really cool if the cvs could take more damage but have more guns too and also if they listed to one side when struck with severe damage. One major carrier and two light carriers per group with only the main cv able to launch jabos. The ack should be much more lethal on anything low and level and dumb enough to fly directly over the group. A sea hurricane would be nice. The cv fights are really the best part of aces high so improveing the survivabilty of the fleet can only make it more fun.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2003, 03:30:12 AM »
metatron..

you are kidding right? more guns???

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2003, 03:53:02 AM »
Originally posted by Grimm
I want a Tractor beam that holds my enemies right in front of me so they quit dodging my bullets!   ;)

'
You already have this magical ability, your enemies are helpless to your powers, and their last words, as they spirial to deck are, "..I been HO'd!..."

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
New ideas
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2003, 01:54:30 PM »
Beet1e wrote:
No single tweak can or will bring th game back to what many of us really seem to want. A more fundemental decision of some kind is required. Maybe AH II will be a step in a new direction. Realistically the only way to comabt the issue(s) brought up in this thread is to turn up the defensive ack leathality and target hardness.

My whole point since the begining!!  As it is now, it is totally bias one way or the other.

I would love to see 88's, The Whirbelwind{my favorite} plenty of AA at all airfields manned & unmanned, true flak guns with adjustable alttitude fuses. Ships & CV's with GUN TEAMS for the 40mm Bofers {these are not make believe weapons folks}
Have names for airbases and towns, not #'s. IMO, the more interactive the game, the more involved and interesting it becomes. Right now it goes like this: Bombers or Jabo's go in and hit strat tagets, 1st the VH, then the radar & ack {which is almost brainless to do} then hit the barracks/fuel {again a monkey in a plane could do it} then just start a vulchin', then in comes the goon!  OVER, next base, repeat.  Same thing everytime. Think, once VH is down {1st to go usually} and Ack wiped out what are ya gonna do?  I say, if your gonna bring your Jabo mission, Buffs or a butt load of Tiffes to an enemy airfield, be prepared for the fight of your life!!!  Just some of my thoughts, I still love this game and cant wait for AHII, not knocking this wonderful game, but lets try to work towards a more fully functional WW2 Sim.

P.S.  final thought, instead of dropping these AI "troops" to capture a base, it would be awesome to have actual players parachute into city to capture:D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2003, 02:02:14 PM by MOIL »

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2003, 02:02:02 PM »
To me it seems the cure is for another company to create a game that can actually compete with AH. I say this because no one company can satisfy all the people, all the time.
 As it stands AH is the only game with a significant player base, accompanied with great graphics, a realistic setting, & a server that MOST times can handle the load.
 Perhaps if the idiots at EA hadn't killed AW, leaving a HUGE customer base gameless & out in the cold, AH would have developed into a different game than we have today.

I dont have the info or the time to form an educated guess as to what AH could do to fix the problem, but I know what it is I miss about the game. EMPHASIS ON AIR TO AIR COMBAT, & not on capturing all the flags for whichever country happens to have the best chance of doing so.
A_Clown

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Bah
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2003, 02:33:20 PM »
clown wrote:
I dont have the info or the time to form an educated guess as to what AH could do to fix the problem, but I know what it is I miss about the game. EMPHASIS ON AIR TO AIR COMBAT, & not on capturing all the flags for whichever country happens to have the best chance of doing so.
A_Clown

Sounds to me like you should try a diff game. Be sure to contact HT and tell them you want to "emphasize" air to air combat, make sure to pull out all the great stuff in the game like, CV's, GV's field ack and the such. Then just have a bunch of airfields all over, plenty of planes {all fighters of course} because there's nothing to bomb, but maybe fighters on the deck. We can all just up and furball for no reason.
Air to air combat all day, what fun, up a plane shoot someone down, land your kills, wow look at my rank............what a blast that would be!   NOT:(

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2003, 03:03:43 PM »
go back to pre 1.09 netcoding.

lag variance has become too much of an impact. before disparate connex woul dstill be very comparable in what they saw; now... you never know. 200-300+ yds discrepancy in respective views for connex that are fairly comparable.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Re: Bah
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2003, 03:12:05 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL
clown wrote:
Sounds to me like you should try a diff game. Be sure to contact HT and tell them you want to "emphasize" air to air combat, make sure to pull out all the great stuff in the game like, CV's, GV's field ack and the such. Then just have a bunch of airfields all over, plenty of planes {all fighters of course} because there's nothing to bomb, but maybe fighters on the deck. We can all just up and furball for no reason.
Air to air combat all day, what fun, up a plane shoot someone down, land your kills, wow look at my rank............what a blast that would be!   NOT:(

Again negativity and misunderstanding. NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE BUFFERS. And destruction of bases is great. But the idea is to fight over the base instead of just capturing them... as some do every day in AH. The part of base capture that is hard to deal with is DESTRUCTION OF THE ENTIRE ARENA.

A group of players can fight over a base and be rewarded by it's capture. Dog fighting for the sake of dog fighting gets boring fast. There must be something to fight over. Strat bombing is fine also, it can compliment the above fighting.

But why oh why do the players have to destroy and capture all the bases in the arena? It doesn't have to be that way. The game objective of a race to destroy the entire arena encourages the types of conduct that players have been complaining about here, because it's the best and fastest way to get the job done. It could be done even faster if there were no enemy to oppose you... such fun.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2003, 03:45:32 PM »
More damn planes!!!

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2003, 09:17:56 PM »
design away spawn camping.
JG11

Vater

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2003, 09:23:10 PM »
More damn planes!!!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2003, 11:04:07 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
design away spawn camping.

LOL, this game was designed by a spawn camper. :rolleyes:

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2003, 11:07:31 PM »
Hmm..

The graphics and FM, DM, gunnery issues left out, I'd say I'd want to experiment with perk prices and see how it turns out - as suggested in the link in my sig.

I'd like to try out the NPA.