Author Topic: Zero Pilot looking for a Home  (Read 648 times)

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Zero Pilot looking for a Home
« on: July 26, 2003, 01:11:50 PM »
What I am looking for:

1) A squadron that has at least 10 members with regular attendence on SN and believes in wingman tactics.

2) A scheduled squad night on Mondays or Tuesdays around 6 p.m. PST (9 p.m. EST).

3) A squad that believes in having fun, training, and being courteous to other players in the arena.

4) A squad that focuses as much on T&B as they do on B&Z and would welcome a pilot who prefers Japanese aircraft.

5) Currently I fly for Rooks, but will change for the right squadron.

What I have to offer:

1) I have been flying flightsims for about 24 years and online flight sims for about 11 years.

2) Started flying Zero's in AW under the callsign "TShark" (which is the callsign I  am now using in AH), as a member of BRU (Buffs R Us) and then ACID (Agents of Common Intent-Destruction).   I then switched to WB in the early beta days and flew with the callsign of "Edge" (--ed--), where I remained for over seven years.

3) I was CO/trainer of a squad in WB called "Wings of Death" (WoD) for 5 years until that sim no longer had any player base left.  Our squad was consistantly ranked as the leading squad of any our size (about 10 members).  Now I would like someone else to lead.

4) My first priority targets are those chasing my squadmates and I am a strong believer in wingman tactics.

5) I take a perverse pleasure in flying aircraft that are considered "meat on the table" and killing over confident enemy pilots with them.  Thats how I got started flying Japanese aircraft.

6) I usually maintain a K/D ratio of 2 to 1.

7) I have a bad habit of getting co-workers hooked on the sim I am flying (much to the chagrin of my wife when she has to face the wives of these same workers).

I appreciate your time and look forward to flying with you!

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 10:01:28 AM »
Hi TShark.

Check us out at the website within my sig.  We're a small squadron, but always on the lookout for pilots.  We don't fly any specific type of airframe, and our pilots are capable in just about anything.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 12:23:34 PM »
Greetings, Tshark (edge)!

Please check out the 13th Sentai.   We need to grow a bit after having lost some pilots, and our squad night is currently Thurs, Sun, but that may be open to change, as we rebuild our roster.
Would love to have you fly with us sometime...

13th Sentai Home

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 10:17:08 PM »
Punt

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline VgasX

• Copper Member
~~The unforgiven~~
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 11:05:52 AM »
Ok TShark, maybe you should take a look at The Unforgiven we have 26 members and we fly with two other squads Wax's Hell Gods and Dogfytrs Legion of doom. There's always a min. of 10 players during peek times. Take a look at all three squads :) here a link to to our web page. Email Vgas5150@cox.net

http://members.cox.net/vgas5150/TheUnforgivenPage/fullscreen.htm

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Re: Zero Pilot looking for a Home
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 04:41:26 PM »
Originally posted by edge12674
What I am looking for:

3) A squad that believes in having fun, training, and being courteous to other players in the arena.

4) A squad that focuses as much on T&B as they do on B&Z and would welcome a pilot who prefers Japanese aircraft.

4) My first priority targets are those chasing my squadmates and I am a strong believer in wingman tactics.

5) I take a perverse pleasure in flying aircraft that are considered "meat on the table" and killing over confident enemy pilots with them.  Thats how I got started flying Japanese aircraft.

:D LOL :D

I appreciate your time and look forward to flying with you!
:D

Dewd, check out Pigs on the Wing

My Fav is the Hurricane, 205 and F4U1 - I love the Zeke but to be really effective you need numbers.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 04:55:06 PM »
Tshark,

We don't fly zekes, but VF 17 has 1, 2 and 3 in your list.  I used to be in a axis squad, 13th Sentai.  If your set on flying zekes, that's a good place to go.  If you just want to fly axis, I would recommend JG-3 Udet.

If your interested in the Jolley Rogers, you can contact us at:

http://www.geocities.com/arlogu3/VF_17.html

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 12:20:38 AM »
T-Shark,
You can't go wrong with the 13th SENTAI.

This bunch really knows how to ring it out of the Japanese aircraft useing original tactics. They also are a great bunch of guys to fly with.

If you REALLY are interested in flying Japanese - check them out.

!
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 02:56:45 PM »
punt

TShark

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 04:04:57 PM »
Originally posted by edge12674
punt

lol :p