Author Topic: F A C T S on Finland, ww2 and other things  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
F A C T S on Finland, ww2 and other things
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2003, 12:57:39 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Is it English language?

Yes I am hoping there is some in english.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2003, 01:02:58 PM »
Originally posted by scout
I believe Staga has a point. Had finland fallen would Stalin had stopped ? Would he have gone after the Swedish iron ore crucially important to Germany ? Would Stalin respected Swedish 'neutrality' marching on Norway ?

Could Sweden have become an other eastern block state ?
If Stalin 'liberated' Sweden?possibly.

Finland was defeated in 1940. I just don't understand how did it help Stalin to conquer Sweden or Norway?

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2003, 01:25:13 PM »
Finland turned me into a newt!

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2003, 01:36:47 PM »
Finland was defeated in 1940. I just don't understand how did it help Stalin to conquer Sweden or Norway?

Oxymoron

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2003, 01:52:37 PM »
Originally posted by mora
Oxymoron

Exactly.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Re: F A C T S on Finland, ww2 and other things
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2003, 02:12:52 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Now this might hurt a bit. I suggest you advert your eyes if you think you cannot handle this.

FACT 1

1) Finland WAS allied with Germany during ww2.

2) Germany WAS ruled by Nazis in ww2.

The combination of 1) and 2) makes the following sentence TRUE:
Finland was allied with the nazis in ww2.

Bahhh the title was so promising and then :rolleyes: only 1 FACT and 2 Points (btw. arent these 2 FACTS then?).
Hortman u can do better!

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2003, 05:28:14 PM »
lol @ gscholz, good analogy ;)

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2003, 08:33:37 PM »
what Finns do  last couple weeks? everyone jumping on them

@Boroda dont forget great plan to liberate whole world from bad capitalists;)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2003, 09:16:38 PM »
Originally posted by ramzey
what Finns do  last couple weeks? everyone jumping on the

Well.. lets see..  I tipped off Wolfie with a sarcastic phrase, which has been used over and over again by pro-bush side and he obviously isn't admitting he mistook it, so hes having his jihad on me.

Then Hortlund is a swede and well..  finns and swedes do indeed have a very warm relations beneath the surface.

Sort of like US and Canada, if you know what I mean?

Anyway, personally I have no problems if people likes to say finns were allied with the nazis, because otherwise I would be probably speaking fluent russian and painted red flags in my childhood (which are not in the receiving end of a barrel, like those used to be in my true childhood :D)
However I'm proud to know the finns in WWII didn't go to conquer whole of russia with the germans like they wanted, but rather stopped around the areas of former borders nor joined in the nazi's holocaust acts.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 09:25:04 PM by Fishu »

Offline Jack55

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2003, 10:21:44 PM »
Being allied with Hitler is only slightly worse than being allied with Stalin IMHO.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2003, 10:37:30 PM »
Originally posted by Jack55
Being allied with Hitler is only slightly worse than being allied with Stalin IMHO.

Thats quite true..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 10:44:52 PM by Fishu »

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2003, 06:20:45 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
@Boroda dont forget great plan to liberate whole world from bad capitalists;)

Do you know the fate of the people who kept on talking of "world revolution" since 1927?...

Trotskism was one of the biggest "religious crimes" in USSR.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2003, 06:38:47 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Anyway, personally I have no problems if people likes to say finns were allied with the nazis, because otherwise I would be probably speaking fluent russian and painted red flags in my childhood (which are not in the receiving end of a barrel, like those used to be in my true childhood :D)
However I'm proud to know the finns in WWII didn't go to conquer whole of russia with the germans like they wanted, but rather stopped around the areas of former borders nor joined in the nazi's holocaust acts.

First: USSR didn't want to "conquer" Finland, and it didn't. The war, ended with the complete of the Finnish defences, resulted in admission of pre-war Soviet suggestions. That's the fact. Finland lost all opportunities to protect itself in March, 1940.

Second: Finns did not stop at "former borders". They occupied Karelia including Petrozavodsk.

Third: Finns organized genocide against non-Finnish population in Karelia, and the death rate in their concentration camps was in fact higher then in German ones.

I have found the name of the book I mentioned to you a few years ago. In Finnish it's "Suomi Miehittäjänä 1941-1944"  by Helge Seppälä.

Here is a quote from here: http://www.tendens.se/nicolas/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=287

Posted by Juha Tompuri:

Atleast one book is about the Finnish rule at East Carelia: "Suomi Miehittäjänä 1941-1944" (Finland as Occupant...) by Helge Seppälä (not one of my favourite authors) 1989.
Finnish policy at those days was nationalistic.
Some notes from the book:
Civilian population under Finnish rule (31th Dec-41):
35919 nationals (Carelians etc)
50200 non-nationals (Russian etc)
1st Jan-44:
41875 nat.
41510 non-nat.(death rate and checking/changing nationality from the first figures)
Finland had two type of "camps" at E Carelia: concentration camps =prisons at Kinnasvaara(5 nationals and 87 non-nationals) and Kolvasjärvi(107 nationals and 2 non-nationals) and "siirtoleiri" (a camp for polically unreliable people, they lived at there but worked outside of the camp) Petrozavodsk(57 nationals and 11819 non-nationals), Alavoinen(4 nationals and 2285 non-nationals) and Pyhäniemi(1 national and 550 non-nationals)
At first Finnish didn´t pay for the work, but later for example national carpenter got 12FMK/hour, but had to pay no taxes (in Finland 14,9FMK/hour -taxes) non-nationals got about 70% national salary.
Food rations for the non-nationals were lower than for the nationals. After the war A.Zdanov gave us a list (61 names) about war criminals: 40 of them were E Carelia related. Among them were the commanders of the military rule at E Carelia, col. V.A. Kotilainen and col. A.V. Arajuuri (charged for ethnical food rations). Both emigrated Finland after the war, and after their return -48 and -49 the charges were dropped.
There is no reliable data about the death-rate at the area. 4600 is perhaps quite close the truth. The sadest period was the begining of 1942, hard winter, lack of food and diseased killed 3536 people at the camps between 18th Jan-31th Dec -42.
There is also something about the partisans and underground resistance.

Regards, Juha

"Sotavangit Suomessa 1941-1944" (POW´s at Finland...) by Eino Pietola perhaps has something about the war Crimes too. Can´t remember exact.

Anyway, I just don't see any reason to call our Finnish comrades (I mean comrades not "comrades") bad names. It happened 60 years ago, and nazism was declared criminal and inhuman long time since. We have to fight modern neo-nazis, so such things will never happen again, instead of declaring whole nations "nazi supporters".

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2003, 06:44:28 AM »
Originally posted by mora
Oxymoron

I think mora just called Boroda a stupid cow-like creature.

in.

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2003, 09:58:46 AM »
First: USSR didn't want to "conquer" Finland, and it didn't.

Oh yeah, well what was that plan about reaching Helsinki in 3 weeks? Sure, it was just metaphoric phrase about the speed which Russians were advancing no?

The war, ended with the complete of the Finnish defences, resulted in admission of pre-war Soviet suggestions. That's the fact.

The fact is, that the appalling show from Russian army got Stalin too afraid to try anything more than they could be certain to have. That is NOT what they initially were thinking, thats what they were FORCED to be satisfied.

Finland lost all opportunities to protect itself in March, 1940.

LOL! Yeah and then the Sovjet troops marched to Helsinki, which wasnt their plan, but still.

Second: Finns did not stop at "former borders". They occupied Karelia including Petrozavodsk.

And nobody disagrees with that. It was stupid thing to do.

Third: Finns organized genocide against non-Finnish population in Karelia, and the death rate in their concentration camps was in fact higher then in German ones.

"The sadest period was the begining of 1942, hard winter, lack of food and diseased killed 3536 people "

Genocide? I think not..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 10:04:06 AM by Tuomio »