Author Topic: Imbalence in the MA  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2003, 10:22:56 AM »
Reply posted to DrDea

::In a low whisper::    Bring the Flying Circus to the Rooks....  

Bring the Flying Circus to the Rooks.....

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2003, 11:17:16 AM »
Seriously.I know the bish have the better hand most times,but what amazes me is that the bish dont cry about it when there in the hole.Ive NEVER swapped countries except one night to help the rooks as a squad opp of sorts.Knits and Rooks get the short end of the stick more than average by all means.Rooks more than Knits.Its not even close.I just like the fact the bish dont complaign when it get ugly for us.Shows class.

Bahh....class..... uhmpf.....everyone knows most of bishes are lemmings :D , what class are you talkin of?:confused: ;)
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2003, 01:21:48 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Selective Memory.
I've been playing for about a year and a half.  In that time, I've seen the bishops dominate, and the bishops in the hole, the knights dominate, and the knights in the hole, the rooks dominate, and the rooks in the hole.

Arena numbers seem to be based more on a teams momentary success than on which team it is.  Lose your HQ? Expect to lost a lot of players.  Down to 3 bases? Of course you're outnumbered 3 to 1 now.  On a rampage taking another countries bases? Expect your numbers to go up.

Numbers follow success, not the other way around.  During prime time without a reset imminent no team has few enough players for this to not be true.

Selective memory?? Hardly. Yes, I have seen the bish in the barrel...for a few hours...for a day. But, never more than a weekend. I'm talkin' bout being in the barrel long enough to claim squatter's rights. This something I have not seen happen to Bishland.

I'm not complaining. I just thought it was interesting :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2003, 01:40:25 PM »
Of course bish don't complain when they are in the hole for a whole 2 days...  Rooks and knits don't either.

Should add I am only basing this on US Prime times like the majority of the rest of you I assume.

What happens at other hours of the day does not concern me...

I'm guessing its Rook's turn next :eek:  
I don't see bish squads off to knits... just Rook squads...  (could be mistaken)

SKurj

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2003, 01:58:44 PM »
13th TAS is a bishop Squad. 308th was a Rook squad; so two squads have left to bolster the Knights.

More interesting question is why have the Knight numbers declined? Why have squads left or become inactive? Basically, yes over the last two months the Knight numbers have declined but they have dropped roughly down parity level with the Rooks or just slightly below.

Bishops still field the most numbers on average.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2003, 02:23:51 PM »
Originally posted by ghostdancer
More interesting question is why have the Knight numbers declined? Why have squads left or become inactive? Basically, yes over the last two months the Knight numbers have declined but they have dropped roughly down parity level with the Rooks or just slightly below.

The reduction in numbers probably results from a random over-time process.  It just so happens that Knights are on a downswing cycle right now, and given that the overall arena numbers remain about the same as before the reduction represents a zero-sum process.  That is, a reduction in Knight numbers necessarily means an increase in Bishop or Rook numbers (not just because people switch sides, but also because some players stop playing and new players replace them on other teams).

Maybe Knight numbers have been out of equilibrium (that is, too high) for awhile, so the downward trend represents a movement toward the equilibrium number of players.    :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2003, 04:31:19 PM »
Historically, since the inflow of players from trouble at WB and the demise of AW, the Knights team has been relatively low in numbers. Typically the Bish have always been highest and the Rooks about the same or lower. It hasn't been too bad, but our numbershave been on a decline since the Bish learned to work together to win resets. That's when the migration started.

Actually, since Trinity came up, things haven't been so bad. Sure, we've been constantly low in bases, but not so bad that it's messed up the game. And the Bish and Rooks seem to be fighting more with each other. I've been a happy bear =o)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2003, 05:08:11 PM »
Grizzly,

Hate to disagree with you but until recently the Rooks have never had the same numbers as the Knights on the average per CAMP. There have been days when we mustered strong, dominant numbers .. especially during RJOs. We have been gaing strength but overall the Bishops have had the most numbers (although worst performance K/D as a country) the Knights have been in the middle and the Rooks have been on the bottom tier

Here is an excel sheet that shows the Kills and Deaths for the countries per camp going back to the beginning.

http://www.dgideon.org/countries.xls

RJO squads started tracking this way back when to see if there was any validation to the belief we had low numbers but did well despite it.

But the Knights have never had an overwhelming advantage of numbers on us. The Bishops on the other hand seemed to have a  much larger pilot pool than either country but also overall does the worst in K/D for the country.

But enough debating for debating's sake .. I hope this is just a glitch for you guys. I know your pain and how frustrating it can get. Just get stubborn and dig in.
CM Terrain Team

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2003, 05:11:05 PM »
I agree with Leviathn to an extent .. too early to tell if its a trend or just a random event. Squads could just be less active these past few months as the summer ends .. or less time to fly or just taking a break until AH2 finally comes out.

Or it could be a trend where squads are migrating out or dissolving. I will admit I have seen more squads on the Rook side that I don't know recently.
CM Terrain Team

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2003, 09:23:10 PM »
last night I caught 3 squadies flying Knights.After vomiting I told them I would never fly for those fargin iceholes.Rooks yes I would help cause they dont cry as much ;)
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2003, 10:05:07 PM »
Originally posted by DrDea
Rooks yes I would help cause they dont cry as much ;)

Always Room for the Flying Circus and there pilots to fly with us :)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »
I know part of the imballance is people going to other sides,but I wonder how it all started.When I started in 2001 the teams were pretty much even with the rooks on the short end most of the time.I guess when people join if they know other people in the game there going to join that side.Everyone likes to be on the winning side.The perk change has done some to help,but not enough.Maby if the new people were sent to the side with the lowest numbers overall on and off line,it might help to even things out.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2003, 12:30:23 AM »
Originally posted by ghostdancer
Grizzly,

But enough debating for debating's sake .. I hope this is just a glitch for you guys. I know your pain and how frustrating it can get. Just get stubborn and dig in.

Thanks GhostDancer, but things are ok with the Knights. Sure is a lot of action, and the perk lovers are getting their fair share even without resets... more. We are content with not winning the arena, most don't even try. All the players who need to be on the winning side have already left. All we ask is for a place to play. It's only sometimes that we can't find one. I don't know why so many other players hate us and call us names, we try our best to put up a good fight. It ain't easy being green <=o(

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2003, 03:06:05 AM »
Ghost....nice charts!

TG12:D

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Imbalence in the MA
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2003, 01:56:35 AM »
Grimm ya missed it.5 count em 5 clowns from the Flying Circus were in Rook Land tonight flying for fun and sun.I heard the Sheep were tighter in Rook land but as hung as the Bish are that didnt surprise me. I enjoyed my short but 3 hour stay.By the way,,,your sheep have loosend up a tad  :eek: :eek: