Author Topic: Flying Zoo just about driven away from Friday Night TOD  (Read 500 times)

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Flying Zoo just about driven away from Friday Night TOD
« on: September 13, 2003, 03:31:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

Last night I was hopping mad, but I've calmed down significantly now. I want to be frank about this and tell you what is going on. Please understand that this is not merely a whine, but the result of several months of frustration in the squad.

About two months ago, the squad was seriously considering dropping out of TOD ops entirely. I love the Friday TODs so I did all I could to persuade them to stay, and for my efforts was "voluntereed" to be the new Flying Zoo Squad OPs CO. I was willing to do it if it meant we would continue to fly Squad Ops. Accordingly, the retiring CO, Sandman, posted a message here informing the community that I was the one who should get orders in future. Since that time, only on one occasion did I get the orders [from Ice Nine, bless him] prior to the frame. This made the Friday Squad ops a huge fiasco for us, and has successively driven down Squad participation (that and a few other factors, I'll mention later).

After each failure to send us orders I've generally tried to post a reminder via email and the hi tech BB - all to no avail. Once again last night I didn't have the orders and only one other FZ pilot showed up.

At this point we are feeling communally like the Red-headed step kids of AH. Sandman is no longer flying AH, and in any event he got rightly tired of having to forward me the orders - orders which usually show up late anyway.

So at this point, we are probably on the cusp of bowing out of Friday Night TODs entirely unless...

1) We Start Getting Orders Send 'em to me and I'll post em on the squad BB, and try desperately to stir up some interest - which at the moment is about nil.

2) Orders start coming out in time I know many frame side COs don't do this, but some seem to feel sending out the orders on Friday is ok. That doesn't give sufficient time for me to make sure that squaddies get it. I'd love to see a "by Thursday" deadline for orders.

3) We start getting some variety At this point the Squad is feeling snubbed - so always getting gruel for dinner isn't going to help. For instance, in one scenario we got Heavy KI-61s and basically the same orders for every frame. That effectively broke the camel's back when it came to interest. At this point I'm going to have to post a real hum-dinger of a mission to woo guys back.

So basically, give us some reason to hope here or a mutiny is going to be inevitable.

Thank you.

- SEAGOON
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 03:34:30 PM by Seagoon »
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 05:36:01 PM »
Seagoon, I am sorry you have had problems with receiving orders, which I can quite understand must be extremely frustrating.  It's not easy for the COs to keep up with all the changes at the moment, but I am hoping that this will be resolved very soon.

We will shortly have our own Events Server, which Gremlin is currently programming up, and once again there will be somewhere squads can post their contact details, making things much easier than they are at the moment.  I hope you will continue to take part in the SquadOps until we can get this facility online.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Holder3

• Copper Member
      • http://constable.ca
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 06:57:37 PM »
I'm sorry it has gotten this bad. For Friday SOs I try very hard to post my Strategic plans to the Frame COs on Sunday, no later than Monday. I also provide in my Strat Plans an email list of all SquadCOs under their command. I could put in the plans to get the Tactical Plans out to the Squads by Thursday, although I have no idea if that would help. I was under the impression that the Frame COs who volunteer were an experienced lot.

I suppose I could send the Strat Plan to all COs, but that sort of short-circuits the Frame CO and would likely only cause confusion with some people.

I have really missed having the master SquadCO list, and have spent a lot of time updating my own email list. Although, I must admit, for your problem this wouldn't help too much.

Please try to hang in there.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 08:46:54 PM »
Seagoon what is your e-mail address?
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Seagoon's Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 11:15:38 PM »
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 07:51:33 AM »
Seagoon,

I have checked the order write up I have gotten from Suave for frame 3 and the email address now listed for the "Zoo" is your email address (AJWEBB@PROVIDENCEPCA.COM ).

Next I am going to ask Suave to start doing what I am doing on sundays. Which is to send the objectives to all the squads of each side so that they know what the objectives are. Resulting in them not waiting in blindness for the mission orders from the selected CiC for their side.

I am also going to send out an email today all squad C.O.s, both friday and sunday, telling them that it is starting to be unacceptable that orders are coming out the day of or the day before the event. They need to get them out sooner or indicate right away they can't do it so we can find somebody who can.

As for mission types .. sorry you got stuck with Ki67s so often. Not sure how that happened but basically the CiC of the frame makes orders. Nightmares also got Ki67s twice in Ichigo.

I would suggest that when you get the objectives from the CM to immediately email the selected CiC informing them of what you flew last time and asking for a change. This way the CiC knows what you did in the last frame and tries to put you in something different. Unfortunately not all squad C.O.s are aware of what other squads flew in previous frames.

But you don't have to worry for this frame at least .. Suave has selected you as the Axis CiC.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2003, 03:35:33 PM »
I'll apologize again Seagoon but your name was not on the list that I received for sending orders to. However, I have to ask, is Sandman no longer in your squad?

I sent the orders out last Tuesday. Thinking that perhaps Sandman could have forwarded them to you?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 03:38:42 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Holder3

• Copper Member
      • http://constable.ca
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2003, 05:42:57 PM »
I will also be sending out the objectives for my SquadOps to all side COs as well as the Frame CO, at least then you will have some idea of what is happening. Updating email addresses is a big hassle, unfortunately, with our volunteer server being down some changes have been missed. I have replaced sandman with your name and email addy.