Author Topic: Avoiding HQ "hardness" whines ;)  (Read 1229 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Avoiding HQ "hardness" whines ;)
« on: September 15, 2003, 02:41:57 PM »

HQ had just been hit. The lights went out. Oh no, HTC is going to be fielding HQ hardness whines. :(

Instead, a few of us got together in goons to do a HQ resupply mission. One person brought troops - lol - and another had originally selected vehicle supplies, but we got at least 4 supply drops on HQ, and had the lights back on in about 10 minutes. Which is probably the length of time it takes to write an HQ hardness whine to HTC. :p

Next time your HQ gets hit, instead of whining to HTC, spare 10 minutes to do a resupply run with 4 friends!

LOL the comments in the text buffer! :lol

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 02:55:07 PM »
FYI: HQ supply does only work if it's fully down.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 03:08:55 PM »
I was there, Beetle.

DmdMax's and Shane's comments were in response to you helpfully telling a newbie that "Alt-F4" fired torpedo's; both are flying knight as this picture was taken; and DmdMax was helping the newbie out, over your protestations that he should "RTFM".

CCVI has already pointed out the mechanics of HQ re-supply; ans it's obvious shortcoming.

Offline SixxGunn

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 03:42:54 PM »
Yep if its 100% down it can be player resupplied.

If its just partially down like the Friendly Counter and Enemy Counters are the only thing damaged then it can only be AI resupplied.

This is the growing trend as of late. Take the HQ down 50% or 75% that way it will require approx 2 hours to rebuild.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 03:46:21 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker
I was there, Beetle.

DmdMax's and Shane's comments were in response to you helpfully telling a newbie that "Alt-F4" fired torpedo's; both are flying knight as this picture was taken; and DmdMax was helping the newbie out, over your protestations that he should "RTFM".

Why doesn't this fabrication of evidence surprize me.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 04:00:43 PM »
I've resupplies it when it was only part way down plenty of times.

Hey, we good new smileys?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 04:03:06 PM »
Originally posted by Rutilant
I've resupplies it when it was only part way down plenty of times.

Hey, we good new smileys?

Cool ... but I'll bet it still didn't do anything. Check your perk points when your done ... if its 0.00 then nothing more can be done. At that point, you have to wait for the train re-supply.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2003, 04:09:28 PM »
ccvi is 100% Correct.

If you are able to do some good by player resupply,  Then it was already Fully down,  and it had already started to rebuild on its own,  showing it part down.  

Fully Down = Player Resupply and AI Healing fix it.
Part Down = AI Healing only.

At least that the understanding I got when it was explained to me by the Man himself at CON.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2003, 04:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Cool ... but I'll bet it still didn't do anything. Check your perk points when your done ... if its 0.00 then nothing more can be done. At that point, you have to wait for the train re-supply.

Nooope.. had it up and running full steam in around 10 minutes, enemy and friendly dot dar i believe.

Offline mos

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2003, 04:26:33 PM »
Yeah, that's correct, but I'm left wondering why it's correct.  Shouldn't you be penalized for not doing your job well enough?  Meaning if your bomber squadron failed to destroy the base entirely, shouldn't resupply make more sense?

It's got to be easier to repair a building than rebuild it from scratch, I would think.

Meh.  Small potatoes, really, compared to what they're currently working on.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2003, 04:28:11 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Why doesn't this fabrication of evidence surprize me.

uhhhhh.....  seeker described the situation behind mine and max's comments in the text buffer of that screenie.  my following comment was, "what with his getting only 2 kills per hour."

:D

i don't see how beetle fabricated anything, it looks like a valid screenie to me i see nothing false about it. he may or may not have chosen to pick those particular comments to include in the screenie, thereby giving some kind of impression of whatever...

your comment is kind of puzzling.... care to clarify?  unless you're saying beetle tried to put a spin on it by including max's and mine's comments out of context?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2003, 04:29:26 PM »
Mos,  
yeah,  Its seems kinda backwards...    But thats how it works.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2003, 04:57:53 PM »
"unless you're saying beetle tried to put a spin on it by including max's and mine's comments out of context?"

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that wasn't apparent Shane.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2003, 05:00:44 PM »
Originally posted by Rutilant
Nooope.. had it up and running full steam in around 10 minutes, enemy and friendly dot dar i believe.

Then that means that HQ was intially, completely destroyed, not partially.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 05:12:40 PM »
The HQ thing is well documented in 5 million threads on the subject.  It was done this way on purpose they say.  

In genral AH resupply has been trending to be less effective in all areas, much to the delight of the pork and auger crowd.  (Wasn't it 1.10 where the goon effectiveness was cut by 50%?)

It takes a bunch of goons to fix what one game player can do on a suicide pork mission, and why not?  It works very well.