Author Topic: Avoiding HQ "hardness" whines ;)  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Avoiding HQ "hardness" whines ;)
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2003, 01:14:43 AM »
The HQ is supplied by the trains, not the town.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2003, 08:44:05 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The HQ is supplied by the trains, not the town.  

ack-ack
:rolleyes: what im getting at.hq supplied by trains.but the trains resupply the town first not the hq. ever though of that?
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2003, 10:42:28 AM »
If you go off line and look in the set up and then the object settings you will see the hardess and down time for all objects.

HQ's and Cities and other strat are unique in that they effect the game before they are 100% killed but in all other espects they are repaired like any other object..........FH, VH, ammo bunkersetc

It seems that AI repairs damage to an object as it accumulates it at a given rate decided by the strat.  (Just as that if you drop 50lbs on a ammo bunker then return 2 hours later with another 50lbs your previous 50lbs will have been "repaired by AI)

Once an object is fully dead its down time setting kicks in.

If this was set to 20 minutes for a ammo bunker and there was no player supply then 100% strat will repair it in 20 mins and pop it up.

Similarly a HQ will take 360 mins to fully repair if the cities are at 100%. Again uniquely with HQ's cities and other strat they effect the game before they are 100% repaired.

Players can reduce the down time further by locally re supplying.

hence if an object has sufferred damage but not destroyed only AI repairs it

hence if an object has been destroyed and under AI repair then players may supply and shorten the down time  further.

Rutilant would have supplied a HQ that was under repair (as far as the system is concerned)

The confusion in my mind with HQ's and their like is when the following happens...................

HQ @100%

enemy damage

HQ @ 50% (AI repair but no player repair)

more enemy damage

HQ @ 0%

Freindly repair

HQ 50%

AI repair

HQ75%

enemy damage

HQ25%

Now we see this HQ is still down...........it has never been fully repaired yet it has suffured more damage................... I believe that players can continue to repair until it hits 100% repaired.

hence we can have situations where more damage has occurred and we can repair............. we can have situations where the HQ is partially destroyed when from a system view point it is partially repaired, and we can repair.

Its seems to be a consequence of using an object damage/ repair model on a complex strat group.

From our view point the ammo bunker is fully functional until destroyed( we do not see its damage being repaired) and we can repair it when its destroyed.

WE see (and feel) the HQ suffer as it recieves damage (but cannot repair until the "down time counter" comes in)
Ludere Vincere

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2003, 08:54:46 PM »
You can see if your supplies did any good by checking your perk points after you land your supplies.  If your getting perks, you did some good, if you didn't get perks, you didn't do any good.  

At least someone said this at the Con when we were talking about this with HT, but then I was drinking BulletHead's home brew so I could be mistaken ;)

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2003, 10:20:50 PM »
Only problem with that is if the if the HQ is partially destroyed along with the town, your supplies go to the town.  Which is why you receive perks for running supplies.  But if the town is 100% and the HQ is partially destroyed, you won't receive any perks for running supplies.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2003, 11:54:21 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
:rolleyes: what im getting at.hq supplied by trains.but the trains resupply the town first not the hq. ever though of that?

This is for those that are confused on how the HQ resupply/repair works.  This is straight from Skuzzy himself.

There are three things that effect HQ resupply/repair.

1. C-47's can carry repair supplies to the HQ.  This only works if the HQ is 100% down.

2.  Trains coming from the City to the HQ decrease the HQ downtime.  Destroying the trains keep the HQ from repairing faster.

3. The City repairs the HQ, not the town.  If the city is down 100%, then the train supply stops until the city is less than 100% down.  Once the city is less than 100% down, the trains start running again.

This should clear things up for even the most confused player.  But if you still don't get it, let me put it to you simply.

Resupplying the town at the HQ is a waste of time, it does nothing in regards to the HQ.

ack-ack

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2003, 04:59:02 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Resupplying the town at the HQ is a waste of time, it does nothing in regards to the HQ.
So why is it that on previous occasions when I have dropped supplies on the HQ - I'm talking about that location denoted by a star - I have been awarded 1pp? What am I being paid for? When you talk of the City, do you mean the other buildings at the HQ location (but not the big radar factory) or do you mean the locations denoted by a © ?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2003, 05:11:11 AM »
The real problem is when your city is in enemy territory (not supplyable ?)  and your HQ stuck at 20%

What do do in this case ?
[list=1]
  • switch side and bomb HQ ?
  • pray for a bombing of the HQ ?
  • [/list=1]

Or as usual I don't understand how strat work :)

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2003, 09:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
So why is it that on previous occasions when I have dropped supplies on the HQ - I'm talking about that location denoted by a star - I have been awarded 1pp? What am I being paid for? When you talk of the City, do you mean the other buildings at the HQ location (but not the big radar factory) or do you mean the locations denoted by a © ?

There are alot of other little buildings at HQ which have nothing to do with radar.  With radar not 100% down eventually, and obviously knights have had many times to test this, you will get zero perks foro your resupply runs and yet radar will still be down until the trains fix it.

The two points to remember are:

(1) With radar 100% down 8 goons will always fix it regardless of city status.

(2) Partially damaged HQ will repair only with trains, the speed of which depends on city status.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »

The town around the HQ had no bearing at all on the HQ.  The perks you got for supplying a damaged HQ less than 100% is from the town, not the HQ.  

ack-ack

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2003, 03:08:39 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
(1) With radar 100% down 8 goons will always fix it regardless of city status.
That's what I thought - that goons would fix the radar. In my picture, you can see 4 goons besides mine, and there are two dots to the left - possibly inbound goons from another field. I had arrived late - some of those guys might have made more than one trip already.

Some time ago, before I started this thread, HQ radar was down as indicated on the strat status screen. It was on one of the maps where there is a vehicle field with a spawn point right near HQ - probably intended to provide the enemy opportunity to attack, rather than a resupply point to be used by friendlies. I spawned an M3 with supplies, and drove it into the HQ town. Tipped the supplies out, exited, and found that no PP had been awarded. Other guys doing the same thing made the same observation. So then we gooned in supplies, and that worked - PP awarded. I think it was 1pp, but I can't remember for sure. I'm pretty sure we got the radar working again, which would tally with Zanth's point.

Sorry to be labouring the point, but how can radar be "partially" up or down? I thought it was a single white building. Either it was up or it was down. So if it was down, it was 100% down, and therefore goon resupply would always work. I only ever do goon resupply of HQ if the radar is down. The strat status screen says something like "Enemy radar: disabled/enabled" depending on status. Not "Enemy radar 60% destroyed".

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2003, 03:39:27 PM »
The strat menu shows enemy dot dar, friendly dot dar, enemy dar bar, friendly dar bar each up or down.

Offline SixxGunn

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2003, 04:53:47 PM »
That's what I thought - that goons would fix the radar. In my picture, you can see 4 goons besides mine, and there are two dots to the left - possibly inbound goons from another field. I had arrived late - some of those guys might have made more than one trip already.

Some time ago, before I started this thread, HQ radar was down as indicated on the strat status screen. It was on one of the maps where there is a vehicle field with a spawn point right near HQ - probably intended to provide the enemy opportunity to attack, rather than a resupply point to be used by friendlies. I spawned an M3 with supplies, and drove it into the HQ town. Tipped the supplies out, exited, and found that no PP had been awarded. Other guys doing the same thing made the same observation. So then we gooned in supplies, and that worked - PP awarded. I think it was 1pp, but I can't remember for sure. I'm pretty sure we got the radar working again, which would tally with Zanth's point.

Sorry to be labouring the point, but how can radar be "partially" up or down? I thought it was a single white building. Either it was up or it was down. So if it was down, it was 100% down, and therefore goon resupply would always work. I only ever do goon resupply of HQ if the radar is down. The strat status screen says something like "Enemy radar: disabled/enabled" depending on status. Not "Enemy radar 60% destroyed".

Think you need to re-read his comments.

The perk points you are getting by resupplying a HQ that is not 100% destroyed are from your supplys rebuilding the smaller HQ buildings. Those buildings have no effect on DAR status.

A HQs can be partially down. On the clip board you see the HQ status.

Friendly counters
Enemy counters
Friendly radar
Enemy radar

If ALL 4 of those items say "disabled" then the HQ is 100% down and can be player resupplied to bring the countries radar back up.

If any one of them says "enabled"  then the HQ is only partially down and can only be repaired by trains from the city.

So if 3 out of the 4 items for radar are destroyed the HQ (radar)  has been 75% destroyed.

Last night our HQ got hit and we sent 11 goons to attempt a resupply (As a test). I recieved a little over 6 perks, the others anywhere from 6 to 1 last 3 goons recieved nothing.

Radar stayed down for approx 1 hour and 40 min.

Next HQ raid destroyed it and we resupplied and had it back at 100% in 10-15 minutes.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2003, 11:48:04 PM »
Lets recap, cuz I'm confused.

These buildings are resupplied how ??

Inaminate ingame objects just make this game for me.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2003, 12:09:23 AM »
Originally posted by nopoop
These buildings are resupplied how ??

All this stuff posted is just to confuse Beet1e. It's a "payback" thing for all the times he's flip-flopped in here like a tail-walking largemouth bass trying to throw the hook.

The inanimate objects in the game are resupplied by a top secret mystical rite that involves, incantations, sacred smoke, virgin ewes from a very special sheep farm in Grapevine and, sad to say, blood sacrifice.

But if I told you anymore the black helicopters would come for m
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!