Author Topic: 1 In 6 High School Seniors Drives While High  (Read 515 times)

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
1 In 6 High School Seniors Drives While High
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 10:09:47 AM »
Just 1? That's it?

LOL.....

The information was released as part of the "Steer Clear Of Pot" media campaign.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 10:13:44 AM »
Dang.. Must have been  Dr. Philips Highschool.... Gotta love Channel 6 bunch of dopes anyhoo.. :rofl

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 10:18:19 AM »
DUI seems to be a national sport over there...

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 10:34:32 AM »
In the Tucson area last month 3 kids died in a traffic crash the day before school started. It was a single car situation and 3 of 4 kids in the vehicle were killed wehn they were ejected while the vehicle tumbled. The one wearing a belt lived. The driver was going way to fast for the road and lost it. His blood tested positive for marijuanna. I believe others in the crash were found with grass and crack in thier pockets.

Yep drugs are good.:rolleyes:  :mad:

In AZ. you can be found to be DUI with legal drugs in your system. Any impairment to the slightest degree is the way the statute reads.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 11:17:22 AM »
Drugs are no good.

Alcohol is no good either.

You cant blame the intoxicants, the problem is irresponsibility. The fact that so few people use safety belts and the number of DUI cases shows that you are pretty irresponsible people.:eek:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 11:30:11 AM by mora »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 11:28:38 AM »
Originally posted by mora
Drugs are no good.

Alcohol is no good either.

You cant blame the intoxicants, the problem is irresponsibility. The fact that so few people use safety belts and the number of DUI cases shows that you are pretty irresponsible people.:eek:

Before you paint the entire population with the actions of a minority, look at the per capita numbers. Not everyone drives impaired or without seat belts. Doing one can certainly lead to the other.

FWIW, there were  thousands of other teens in the same age bracket who were not DUI, were wearing their seatbelts and were not driving recklessly in the wee hours of the morning.

They probably had parents who made damn sure what their kids were doing at that time of day as well. (home sleeping!) ;)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 11:31:36 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick

In AZ. you can be found to be DUI with legal drugs in your system. Any impairment to the slightest degree is the way the statute reads.

Same here in Maine.

What upsets me most is cops getting DUI's....or, as we had locally...two that had MULTIPLE DUI's.  They resigned...but still...geesh.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 11:32:31 AM »
actualy, the number of people in the US that do not use seat belts and/or drive under the influance is a very small percentage, but they never make the news, only the wrecks make the news.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 11:34:03 AM »
According to the topic it seems to be quite common.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 11:34:04 AM »
i would guess 1 out of every 3 drive drunk. Maybe we should outlaw drinking that as well. (**** NO!)

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 11:37:57 AM »
Well the culture there seems to be completely different...DUI is very dissaproved here and I or any of my friends have never committed it, even though we drink a lot and very often.:) Either you have designated driver or you take a taxi.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 11:41:23 AM »
Lets see suburbs+long drives to anywhere= a culture that supports it.

you would be amazed at the amount of drunk driving that goes on at my University and pretty much anywhere in Tampa. Just watch the people get into their cars after the bars close in ybor city(strip of dance clubs) at 2am.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 11:48:52 AM »
gee frogman , with all that "drunk driving" why arn't there more wrecks? maybe "drunk driving" isn't the cause of the wrecks after all, maybe "dumb drivers" is the cause of all the wrecks in the USA, and what laws are going to fix that?

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 11:54:45 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 11:57:03 AM by mora »