Author Topic: finally back home from Hospital  (Read 731 times)

Offline svalan

• Zinc Member
finally back home from Hospital
« on: September 26, 2003, 03:59:17 PM »
For who missed me in Main Arena i am back from the Hospital .
Forgot all about to ask my wife to write it here what happend for the Guy's who i fly with and who cares  ;)

I have 8 dogs ( Bordeaux Dogs )  7 females and 1 Male .

My wife was with 1 female and the male to an show and every day i let the females out together on an large field to play doing that for years never this happend never to me till now , 2 females started to fight i was all alone with 6 dogs so quick as i could i took the 4 other females away before they wanted to go between them As mebay some know there are ranks between dogs , but the leader was fighteing with my youngest female .
After 3 min i was back , And my wife was away Why Why Why ???
Then it was easy for me the male could let them stop easy with fighting , and go between 2 dogs that weight about 120 to 130 pounds each is not smart for an human .
But i had no choice and went between them to stop fighting After about it looked years i managed to stop them But in the fight i took some real nasty bites in my legs and arms and hands .
But my 2 females are ok and that is more importent for me sounds crazy but i love them all 8 , they are my little children  

I just want to say I have the same dogs as in the movie Turner and Hooch , they are really sweet and no dangerous dogs .
I was an fight between the oldest female and the youngest they where fighting about there rank , or the something really didn't saw it coming .
So don't think terrible things about these dogs .

I am ok now , still can't fly , and still on pain killers .
And i learned my lesson never go alone between to big fighting dogs , Glad my 5 kids where away also and didn't saw this .

Hope to fly soon again  with you Guy's  

HadesEE - FrankB - rollo - RG - Jeffer - ghi - M60 - Rocstar3 - Bug322 - Waffen3d  -Abbeville kids - and the guy's i forgot .

svalan    :cool:

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 04:18:37 PM »
Yikes...glad you are okay man.

Dog bites really really hurt....even if they don't puncture skin the wound is a preesure wound.  When they break the skin they are a puncture AND a pressure wound.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 04:20:40 PM »
Goodness, svalan - glad you are OK now, but it sounds horrendous!  Take care, and see you in the skies soon.....
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 04:36:13 PM »
Nice !
8 dog and 5 childs ? I was sure you werre more courageous than me :)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 04:40:36 PM »
Wow, you got chewed up good. Get better soon. My buddy and fellow AH flyer Rutger recently got a 3cm gash on the back of his hand breaking up a fight between his Mastiff and Australian Shepard - which then got infected. He's a dentist and had to miss two weeks of work because of it and spent two days in the hospital. Sweet dogs normally, but he'll use a hose next time :)

Charon

Offline pugsly

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 04:45:19 PM »
Had the same problem breaking up a fight between my two Akita males LOL.
I got bite in the Arse.
I have always wanted a french mastiff are they really good as i hear?

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 08:25:35 PM »
Glad you're OK bud, was starting to worry about you.
Got 3 dogs, at the moment there are 5 here. Not too much fighting, - the ranking is pretty solid, however there are sometimes updates and differences that easily escalate into a dogfight.
Well, if you have to split them up, never get between them, just try to kick 1 of them (imagine a football), - if succesful (it yealping and retreating), kick the other one as well !
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2003, 03:38:18 PM »
EEK! :eek:  hope ya ok Svalan!!!!! hope to see ya soon!
take care!!!!

Joc
Joc

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2003, 07:24:52 PM »
Couple of things.

Svalan....eight dogs and five kids...man, you must be a sucker for punishment ;)
Good to hear you are OK, have had a few nasty dogbights resulting in hospital visits myself...damn doctors allways think it's funny when they find out it was my dog that bit me.
Nice dogs though, do you let them inside the house or your car? how you deal with all he dribble?

Charon, I'm an Aussie, and I have owned, worked with and bred Australian Cattle Dogs all my life, but have never even heard of an Australian Shepard....what are they?

And completely off topic, Pugsly, is that avatar from Seven's album? the guys who did the soundtrack for Operation Flashpoint?

Blue

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2003, 07:49:04 PM »
Dogs go primal from time to time.  It's in their instinct.

There are also incidents reported about perfectly normal house dogs in a neighborhood just suddenly ganging up and forming a pack and going attacking someone for no apparent reason.

Offline svalan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 03:10:09 AM »
Yes bluedog i let them in the house i live in an big farmhouse .
Eating they doing in there own place and also sleep there .
And the Dribble :D   I don't care just clean it up , but i learned the most dogs how must i say it they must use there tongue and they do it .
Me and my wife have a few cars 2 for the fam and 2 for the dogs .
My wife own an Chevy Globemaster  i an 1968 chevrolet caprice .
And for the dogs we have 2 chevy van G30 compleet interior maked for the dogs so they can travel safe if an car crash happend nothing or almost nothing can happend to them then .

I have Bordeauxdogs now for 11 years and this was only the second time there was an big fight between the females .
the first time was 5 or 6 years ago but i let the male between them and he stopped the fight in 5 sec  .

My wife have her horses and Pigs  and i can say Pigs fight alot :lol

we love animals  everybody his own life but AH is an place to relax    :rofl

svalan

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2003, 05:13:24 AM »
Charon, I'm an Aussie, and I have owned, worked with and bred Australian Cattle Dogs all my life, but have never even heard of an Australian Shepard....what are they?  

No kidding?   Maybe its the same as Aussie cattle dog.Not sure. We have had two and they both have been blue. Had a Blue Heeler too, very common dog around here.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2003, 06:43:16 AM »
Even ur dogs trying to rank up having dogfights.

Than u come cherry pick inbetween em .

U naughty svalan

He beterschap man.

:D

Offline DFATITAN

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2003, 07:46:12 AM »
Pugsly/SV

I have an English Mastif and he is the best dog.  Very sweet and gentle with the family.  I have an 8 yr old and he climbs around on him like he's playground equipment.  

He is a little shy though and gets nervous around new people.  They have to take it slow around him when they first meet him.  He's such a big Teddy Bear that everyone wants to grab him and hug him.  Not a good idea.  He lets them know when he isn't comfortable LOL.  His bark scares the snot out of me when I'm not ready for it (spilled Wontan soup on myself last night in fact).

Svalan, glad you are OK!

TITAN

(Retired AH)
5" clay pigeon busting expert.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2003, 08:46:21 AM »
svalan.....If you've been taking care of dogs for 11 years like you

said.....why oh why did you get in between......Dumbprettythang:rofl

You now there is always an ALPHA female.....she was just putting down the young 1....

maybe the young one was walking with its tail to high.....for us its stupid.....for them it means confrontation.

BTW did you now that 2 dogs fighting never really hurt each other.....

next time.....let em fight....how can the alpha female show the others WHY she is ALPHA.