Author Topic: What I thought of the beta:  (Read 864 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
What I thought of the beta:
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 04:19:20 PM »
Originally posted by Kadesh
David ... AH1 Beta was a LOT better than this.  I was there in September 1999 when AH1 beta was first released.  It was a FAR more complete package than what we are seeing so far in AH2.

HT has always had a big rep about the amazing speed at which he can write code.   If its taken him since January to write this, then he's only been working 2 days a week!

Let's face facts .... even for an alpha build, this is the ugliest POS I think I've ever seen in my life.

DOLT

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 04:38:22 PM »
they are mostly concerned with how this beta runs on the various systems  (most important is the different FPS that everyone is getting Along with the systems specs )

They have to smooth the code yet and find a balance that will work with the majority of machines.

they could of easily made this a closed beta , and just let us serious testers have at it ...  

We arnt concerned about the bugs so much right now .. we want the game playable graphics wise and machine wise first..
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 04:39:13 PM »
"HT has always had a big rep about the amazing speed at which he can write code. If its taken him since January to write this, then he's only been working 2 days a week!"

So ... according to your cracker-jack logic, it really should have taken HT just over 3 months to COMPLETELY RE-WRITE Aces High.

Nobody ... and I mean NOBODY ... is that good !!!

And I didn't think anybody ... and I mean ANYBODY could be that stupid.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."