Author Topic: Should I play Aces High?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Nugent

• Zinc Member
Should I play Aces High?
« on: June 14, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
I am absolutely going to give it that 2 week try, but I suppose I need a little convincing first. I played AW off and on since '95, and I really haven't flown in about a year. I sorta got out of Flight Sims and played some other games. However, I am getting that itch to fly again   :)

I have heard about AH before, but until last night, I never gave it much attention. But, I started to read alot of the threads here, and am getting excited all over again...go figure!

Can some of you tell me what to expect, as far as the realism of the Aircraft compared to AW3.I assume we can gain territory and such. Is it like AW? I mean the same type of gameplay? Does anyone like the Bombers? Is it really worth $30/month? or is it $45 for MA? kinda confused there.

Is the learning curve high? Since I have practically un-learned flying in AW, do you think I will have a better chance of learning to fly 'right' here?

I can't wait to DL this puppy and give it a whirl. Give me some honest answers and opinions and maybe you'll get this dust covered pilot to make the move to Aces High.

<S> ALL

Nugent

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Nugent ]

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2001, 10:16:00 PM »
I can't give you any better advice then to go download it and give it a whirl in the MA for your free 2 weeks.  That'll tell ya more then anyone can here.

When I started here I hadn't flown WarBirds for at least 2 years, and I'm still here and loving it.  Aside from what you'll see in the main, you can also be sure of constant updates, good support, & all the free sheep you can handle!   :)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2001, 10:45:00 PM »
I think you'll be very impressed with AH in comparison to AW.. the genere has improved.

Unfortunately, Darwin has little effect in a virtual world; the whiners here howl, stamp point and squeal just as loud (if not louder) than they do when killed in AW.

Enjoy.. and if yah need some help or questions answered just sing out... you'll get plenty of help.

Good Hunting!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2001, 11:03:00 PM »
Hi Ted!    :cool:

The B-17 is "The Great White Buffalo", if you liked AW then you will love this.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2001, 02:35:00 AM »
1) Don't sign up for the 2 weeks yet!

2) Go head to head and learn the software settings/stick set up etc first, then you won't waste your two weeks asking how stuff works.

3) AH is AW4, that simple.

4) ex WB'ers are crunchy, but ex FA'ers are less filling. ex EAW'ers have a strange after taste, but you get used to it.

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
what hangtime said!!
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
Leave ACES HIGH to Iron Maiden it's thier tune after all, I'd prefer ya play "WANG DANG SWEET POONTANG" or maybe CAT SCATCH FEVER.

:D

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
Nugent, you'd be mad not to give Aces High a try.  If you liked Air Warrior, you'll feel right at home in AH  :)

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2001, 04:20:00 PM »
Old AW'er here, your learning curve will be longer than  that in AW-FR, but you'll enjoy it much more.
The flight models here are much better, but there are a couple snags you'll have to get used too, you'll know em when ya cross em.
You also have direct access to Hi-Tech and his staff. They are always ontop of customer concerns and updates.
Oh yea- fly the P47, any model. It's American and that says it all   :D

"Bow back on the wall & dinners hangin in the shed"

-Nomde-
56th FG/63rd FS

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Nomde ]

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »
Ex AW'er here, If you liked AW you'll love this sim IMHO, once you get it, you'll never want to leave, and the $30 will sim worth every cent.  Welcome to the Clan  :)

Samuo1

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
Also try to get involved in a squad because it's very helpful to wing with someone on your first missions or practice in H2H.

Flying Tigers squad in Rooks are pretty good  ;)

Rogue out

Offline Nugent

• Zinc Member
Should I play Aces High?
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2001, 10:54:00 PM »
Hey, Thanks fellas....I look forward to flying with you all a little down the road  :)

I will study the keys and program the ol' Saitek accordingly. I am also getting a new 'puter that I will have built(see my new poat)

<S> ALL...thanks for the 'inspiration' to fly among warriors once again  :)

The Weekend Warrior