Author Topic: What skins would be in New Guinea?..  (Read 430 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
What skins would be in New Guinea?..
« on: October 19, 2003, 03:17:58 PM »
Hey all,

I was curious about what type skins would be in New Guinea?.. That would be an interesting map for the new AH2 engine.

Looking at the Beta.. Whoa!.. what you can do with those tiles ;).. Nuttz and I were talking about it in the ma yesterday. For forest or jungle, while designing the tile, you place each tree, side by side then hit save.. Now when you place all the tiles together, looks like a huge forest that goes on for miles. Same for farmland.. Place all the buildings.. the little roads that lead to the out buildings.. barns etc. the side road that leads to the main highway... telephone poles.. trees around the farmers house.. trees along the side of crops etc. irrigation ditches.. small creeks and rivers.. the city/snow tile could be strongly highlighted as well ;)..

New Guinea should have all these little satellite fields.. you select NW runway and this puts you about 2 miles away in a farmers field.. a little rough patch there so you can see it’s safe to land. I’d like the ability to place stationary plane targets on the map.. At a lot of fields.. those suckers are tucked away in camo netting.. sandbag reventments.. Other big fields you get lucky.. Japanese bombers lined up like ducks.. Big bomber perkies for this... Give the milkrunners something to do late at night eh.. Let em’ blow up the bombers/ off shore shipping..

Gun batteries everywhere.. gun batteries in the town facing the enemy spawn gv spawn point ;).. Heh-heh talk about spawn camping.

Oh yeah.. I was going to ask if y’all wanted the Slot fixed up right now.. while we wait for AH2.. In return I’d like to be guest CT setup guy for one week.. I’d have ALL PAC baby.. every plane that saw action in the pacific would be there ;).. every plane except the Wildcat and the a6m2 would be perked up the ying-yang. Friendly collisions off.. You got to holler out when you launch.. call clear when your rolling.. Killshooter off.. Got somebody you don’t like?.. No problem.. get on their six an’ frig em’..  

I get a big ‘old honkin’ six footer thinkin about that ;)

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 03:41:58 PM »
Im looking forward to see Iwo Jima map for CT, but I havent look the history about Iwo Jima yet.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 06:01:16 PM »
There would be alot of ANZAC type aircraft markings in the theater. Along with some USAAF 5th Air Force units operating in that area. Mainly P-38's, P-47's and P-39/P-400's.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 07:43:32 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
There would be alot of ANZAC type aircraft markings in the theater. Along with some USAAF 5th Air Force units operating in that area. Mainly P-38's, P-47's and P-39/P-400's.
Also C-47 and C-60 was there too i believe.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 08:31:56 PM »
Their would be lots of RAAF planes, the Boston skin from Slot map would be perfect, the P40E could be skined as a RAAF fighter or a USAAF fighter.

P38's were very rare numericaly well into 1943, P40's represented over 50% of all USAF fighters in the SWPA, the bulk of the rest were P39/P400's.

If you want a compleat list of the planes involved and a skin refrence source I can do it like I did for the Slot map when we worked on that 10Bears.

Drop me an E mail....

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 08:47:41 PM »
The true nature of the war that faced both invading Japanese and the defending American and Canadian forces relegated to backwater Aleutian island campaign.  The real enemy was the weather which inflicted most of the casualities and losses suffered on both sides.  The United State was forced defend its Northern Territory for the entire War because of its proximity to the Japanese Islands.  

- - Flight Journal:  Pacific Fighter

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 10:54:17 AM »
Rafe,

The text you mention there is in reference to the Aleutian Islands area in the North Pacific. The area New Guinea is located in was nuch farther south just north of Australia.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 08:39:57 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
Rafe,

The text you mention there is in reference to the Aleutian Islands area in the North Pacific. The area New Guinea is located in was nuch farther south just north of Australia.
Oh brother.....wrong topic and this week aint my good mood.  sorry