Author Topic: I just joined the NRA.  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2003, 05:30:04 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
good work guys!   We really do need to support the NRA...  it is only $35 a year and you get insurance and 12 months of "American Rifleman" which I guarentee that you will find as interesting as any mag you pay $5 a pop for.

lazs

Of course the NRA insurance doesn't cover gunshot victims.
:rolleyes:

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2003, 05:51:18 PM »
WTG fellas!!!  The NRA is not the "gun lobby."  It's the freedom lobby.  I believe they are the only thing standing between freedom and opression in the United States.  Not only do they represent the interests of gun owners through defending the Second Amendment, but also keep close tabs on those who would undermine the First Amendment as well.

20 year member here.

Les

Offline Twist

• Nickel Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2003, 05:57:50 PM »
Most excellent news, welcome aboard! :aok
Razer

Hellcat FG

"They porked the Hellcat? Why did they do that?"

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2003, 06:57:09 PM »
I have the Nagant 91/59 and I will have to say that "I" Suck big time, with accuracy with it. :)
 Kicks like a mule and tends to leave me with a sore shoulder after the time at the range. Helluva alota fun :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2003, 07:12:01 PM »
I used to be a member but I've found that I might as well give money directly to the republican party.  so I just keep the $35 and send in $35 less to the democrats.

that way I get an extra $70 to spend on ammo and it all evens out.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2003, 09:39:45 PM »
The NRA is a great organization.  I agree they are not about guns, they are about freedoms.  The only complaint I would have against them would be the millions and millions of letters I got from them asking me for more money.  Thats all.  OH and my NRA sticker faded in one arizona summer

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2003, 10:34:59 PM »
Life member since 1976. Good organization.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline yowser

• Copper Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2003, 08:14:27 AM »
Are you the guys that wear bedsheets?

yowser

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2003, 08:16:34 AM »
My father signed me up in 1968. Welcome aboard GTO!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2003, 08:47:55 AM »
lol, beat that NRA wannabes!

Somewhere Captain America is giving his shield to some kids to toboggan down a school yard hill in pure shame of Dripsnores mastery of all that is tough, and gun, and American.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »
Been a member of NRA for decades..  The only dowside is that they dun you for money all the time.   Not a big deal.

I think any gun owner who is not giving something to some pro gun outfit (there are  a few others) is getting a free ride and making excusses for his being a tightwad freeloader.   That's fine... but don't pretend otherwise.

What I figure I get for my money is this...  I get a really good magazine subscription every year and some insurance for gun theft or accident... Yes airhead... they do insure against gun accidents.   I also like knowing that when the NRA talks about guns to the spineless, lying, greedy politicians in this country they can say.... "we don't want this POS, useless  law passed and we speak for at least 4 millon people (or whatever it is now).

I want them to say "we speak for 100 million gun owners".
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I just joined the NRA.
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2003, 10:19:20 AM »
Been a member of NRA for decades..  The only dowside is that they dun you for money all the time.   Not a big deal.

I think any gun owner who is not giving something to some pro gun outfit (there are  a few others) is getting a free ride and making excusses for his being a tightwad freeloader.   That's fine... but don't pretend otherwise.

What I figure I get for my money is this...  I get a really good magazine subscription every year and some insurance for gun theft or accident... Yes airhead... they do insure against gun accidents.   I also like knowing that when the NRA talks about guns to the spineless, lying, greedy politicians in this country they can say.... "we don't want this POS, useless  law passed and we speak for at least 4 millon people (or whatever it is now).

I want them to say "we speak for 100 million gun owners".

Unless you are a rabid neurotic about guns or... you have no idea what the NRA stands for or fights for... You will find nothing offensive about what they stand for or do.   Think about it....

All the womanly gun haters never say why the NRA is so terrible... they only generalize... like all gun haters they are ignorant and lazy and decietful.
lazs
lazs