Author Topic: Can never find a fight on pizza map!  (Read 6280 times)

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Can never find a fight on pizza map!
« on: October 25, 2003, 12:57:46 AM »
No matter where you look there are never more than three cons, never lower than 3k, and always 3 sectors away!

NOT!

Offline Pirate BK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 01:15:15 AM »
You did better than I tonight. Just left due to lack of fight. Levi left earlier, RickT was going to log right after me. Saw a bit of chatter on the radio about same . I sure would have loved to drop in on the party you have pictured above. Now if we were to change fester's map for pizza, it would not be such a bad week.

Pirate

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 06:51:33 AM »
dam tree hugging dweebs :p
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 08:00:08 AM »
There was a time when I was fairly happy with all the maps.  I really didnt care which one was up.

Then came FesterMA.........

Everything changed.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 09:18:57 AM »
That high 190 got you, didn't he?  Be honest.  :)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 09:27:13 AM »
My interpretation of Fester's map is quite different now. I liked it at first even though I was telling him it sucked (had to balance all that praise he was getting after all) but now I realize how badly it has influenced the player base. Everyone used to whine that the guys that flew the most would always have greater rank. It still isnt really true but it is now very true that in the points category that the guys that fly the most will have  a better chance of putting distance between them and guys that dont.

So, the guys that whined for Festers map the most will have even less chance of ranking (not that they care).

The other side of the coin is perks. Even a noob can rack up massive perks on Festers map. So guys that cant handle a 262 will be using them youll see more tiger tanks and things like that. So I guess what everyone really wants is gamey-ness. Thats not at all the tone I hear the most out of players but there you are.

By the way the fight I took that screenshot from raged for more than three hours and was still up to a light roar when I logged off.

No one got me curval. I dropped in on the A20 killing our M3s and blasted him into the tower before landing my kills.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 09:52:59 AM »
Originally posted by MetaTron

By the way the fight I took that screenshot from raged for more than three hours and was still up to a light roar when I logged off.

Even a blind squirell finds a nut sometimes

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2003, 03:35:54 PM »
Reverse that; must be a lot of blind nuts in the MA.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2003, 06:49:32 PM »
notice all the planes were spits. except for a few nikis and la7s. I sure do love the MA.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2003, 12:40:24 AM »
Obviously you missed the A6M, 190, Typhoon, and A20. What you cant see are the P51s above me and a few 109s and more 190s.

I think its all a matter of attitude in the MA anymore. The fights are there but a lot of clowns insist upon immediate satisfaction and sometimes you just have to make things happen yourself.

This fight was begun by my squadron innitiating a vehicle attack upon a zone field. Rooks didnt want to give it up and the fight that ensued went for the rest of the night and the base exchanged hands back and forth a few times. A great time was had by all who participated.:aok

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 01:15:34 AM »
. So I guess what everyone really wants is gamey-ness. Thats not at all the tone I hear the most out of players but there you are.

Please define "gamey"

I definatly agree with you as far as at least a slim majority of the player base prefer's "gamey", but  I'm not sure what you mean by gamey-ness?  The amount of time one flies, thereby attaining greater rank/points and flying higher perked aircraft do not (at least in my view) contribute to "gamey".
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 02:37:05 AM »
This fight was begun by my squadron innitiating a vehicle attack upon a zone field. Rooks didnt want to give it up and the fight that ensued went for the rest of the night and the base exchanged hands back and forth a few times. A great time was had by all who participated.:aok

:aok :D  There's ALWAYS a party when we Rooks are involved! :p

TBolt

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 10:46:42 PM »
Another day when you just cant find more than one con at a time. You must have to think too much to play this game!

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 02:22:13 AM »
This map has so many BUGS it need an exterminator

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 05:36:09 AM »
I think its all a matter of attitude in the MA anymore. The fights are there but a lot of clowns insist upon immediate satisfaction and sometimes you just have to make things happen yourself.
Too true, MetaTron, and a poignant indication of the direction in which this game is going. I've got loads of screen shots and films on the pizza which show much the same as you have shown. Sometimes you have to fly more than 5 minutes to get there, and that seems to be the sticking point for many.

It's precisely this attitude that makes me have grave doubts about AH2 TOD.

I liked your pearl of wisdom so much that I'm adding it to my sig.