Author Topic: Can never find a fight on pizza map!  (Read 6311 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Can never find a fight on pizza map!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 08:13:54 AM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
...I think its all a matter of attitude in the MA anymore. The fights are there but a lot of clowns insist upon immediate satisfaction and sometimes you just have to make things happen yourself.

This fight was begun by my squadron innitiating a vehicle attack upon a zone field...

Hmmmm… make it happen and somewhere you said “3 hours”

Metatron online time this tour to now:  152 hours OMG

Zippatuh online time this tour to now:  14 hours

So, what percentage of my time am I supposed to “make it happen”?  I’m glad you found a good fight.  Finding one during your crusade of online time, I’m not sure that I’d call that success.

Imagine this… someone who doesn’t live online wants to jump in and find a fight.  I’ve got an hour, I spend the hour “setting it up” right?

Perspective I think is the word I’m searching for.  5.6 hours average a day I do not believe gives you a solid argument for “finding a quick fight”.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2003, 08:31:07 AM »
Thats because your of the 'immediate satisfaction' crowd. My hours have nothing to do with 'making it happen' and you cant use that as an argument against it given the number of 'other' maps we have to fly on. I tend to prefer high altitude fights attacking bombers and you dont see much of that on the pizza map until the enemy is right on top of your HQ. What little of that we have seen have been buffs that just bail the minute they see your going to get to them before they get to their target.

The one thing festers map gave us is convincing dweebs into furballing down low. Unfortunately that means most have taken to acting stupid but thats just my take. However this fits right into your plans but youve become so 'anti-pizza' that you probably havent given it a try. Since this map rotated in I have had no problem finding a fight with at least ten cons in it and most often more than thirty.

The few times I have found fewer the little resistance I mounted was quickly met with more numbers. Its as if the cons are communicating 'we have met resistance' and the numbers mount in response and usually by a factor of two or three. The two examples Ive posted are not exceptions. These are just two examples of where I was fighting. Our entire front on both sides has been active throughout the weekend.

So if you cant find a fight I say your not trying or worse.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2003, 08:38:06 AM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh
Imagine this… someone who doesn’t live online wants to jump in and find a fight.  I’ve got an hour, I spend the hour “setting it up” right?
Better idea would be to go to the DA.

I've heard this argument before, and it's weak. I mean come on: Map design based on the number of hours available to play? How gamey do you want it? :rolleyes: I see all these motions as part of a creeping process to make AH a total furball sim.

A while ago, I suggested a dedicated arena for you guys. It was made tongue in cheek of course. But I'm beginning to think that's really what you want, but cannot bring yourselves to admit it. I didn't understand it at the time, but now I see why Skuzzy locked my thread. :lol

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2003, 08:55:12 AM »
Festers map offers both strat and the quick fix....are you against that map and if so why?

I contend that most maps lack the option of a faster engagement while nursing along the guys who are retired or have nothing better to do than live online...perhaps you're right Beetle...maybe we should all just leave the MA, maybe just quit altogether...that would satisfy the 150hr per tour guys just fine.:rolleyes:

What I see, is that the strat guys want us to leave for another arena, while I myself have never advocated a map where strat was limited by design, but rather one in which both camps might be happy....that premise seems to bother some of the strat guys.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2003, 08:56:31 AM »
Yeah.... I admit... it is not impossible to find fights like meta shows on pizza... it is just improbable.

Most nights on pizza you can spend an hour or two looking and never finding anything like a good fight.   That is the problem.   I want them availabel the whole time I'm logged on and I don't want to have to "hope" they might be there.

froggy... what do you fly?
lazs

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2003, 09:17:05 AM »
150hr crowd wants you to leave? Do you see black helicopters with these fits? You guys have already got it both ways but you want one crowd to suffer the loss of a great map in favor of your preference. No!

Yes I have a problem with Festers map. After a few more rotations I think you will see the problem too. Its still fun but it does have problems.

Lazs you must have a problem moving the map about or you limit your options too much in choosing your fights. There is no problem finding a fight on pizza map. None.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2003, 10:21:26 AM »
Metatron,

Immediate satisfaction crowd?  Me?  Absolutely, I’m in it for the knife fight.  You’re hours has nothing to do with it?  Ok, your previous statements about “starting a gv attack” or something to the affect.  That’s having too much time on your hands.

That’s fun for me, driving a GV in a flight sim to “start” an air fight.  I’m the only one who sees something, for lack of a better word, gay about that.  You have the abundance of time to go putting around in a GV to “start” something.  Personally, when I want to start an air fight, I head off to an airfield in aircraft.

What festers map gives us is the ability to get a quick fight in.  Live for the fight dweeb and proud of it.  What you want is to force the fight dweeb high?  Just think of all the extra altitude you can get if all the bombers and “dweebs” are low.  Hell it should be better for a space monkey on festers map.  Everyone’s low to pick from.  If you feel the need to have a longer flight, take off from a rear base.

Pizza has a few bases that can get a good fight going.  The problem is the damn GV’s usually end up screwing it by base capture.  Base capture by GV on pizza is too easy because of the huge front lines and the inability to cover all the GV spawns.

“If you can’t find a fight your not trying or worse”, and with this statement you have a problem with festers map?  There is no try on festers map, there is only do.

Percentages say that yes, you will find a fight, but with 5 hours on a day, yeah I could probably find one to.

Beetle,

You know it’s a lot easier for you “strat” guys to get realism and not “gamey”.

This isn’t mine, I heard it and thought I could pass it on though.

Turn your AC down to its lowest setting, make sure you fly at night so it can be as cold and dark as possible, and before hand eat a hefty meal because you’ll be up for awhile.

Then dress in something warm and cumbersome and take some xlax just before you logon then finally lock yourself in the room.  You cannot leave until your 12 hour sortie ends.

I can smell the fear in your post through my screen.  Are you that worried that given the chance people may want to fight other people more than dirt, buildings, or sheep?  Man, would that suck!  If by chance a pilot had a choice, fly for the fight or fly for the scenery they may actually pick the fight.

Huh, who’d a thunk?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2003, 10:49:41 AM »
Zipp,

just think that in the time it took you to type that post, you could have found a fight on the pizza map. You don't need more time; you just need to make better use of the time that you DO have.

Your T.F.T.T.™ utopia exists in the DA. So why campaign for changes to the MA? The strat in the MA did not just appear as if by magic. It was PUT there by HTC, and one assumes they intended for it to be used. I also assume they intended for the GVs to be used. Or do you think they were merely working on points for style by the time they got to that? :rolleyes:

I would have tried your scenario, but was unable to get past the first instruction. I don't have AC. We don't generally need it in Britain! (This year was exceptional)

Oh, and did you check my online hours? Only 17 this tour, but I'm with MetaTron every inch of the way in this thread.

Now, in the time it's taken you to read this post, you could have found yet another fight on Pizza!

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2003, 10:59:45 AM »
Zippatuh you misunderstood or pointed out specific points and ignored the overall. You attack a field the enemy responds. You dont like gvs then ask HT to remove them. It isnt going to happen though. You suffer from not being able to find a fight I dont. On festers map its even easier. Too easy I think as it nullifies half of the game.

I like taking bases and accomplishing things. Apparently you guys just want to fight. You want to have fun without thinking and thats cool. I just dont see why the rest of us have to suffer to satisfy your desire for a low furball.

My squad does what it has to to help our country. To that end we often go it alone. There are exceptions and bishops are improving though slowly. You guys are obviously only in it for yourselves and what limited fun furballing brings you. Its your money and time and thats fine. Nothing wrong with it. Just dont change things because of the limited users that answer up on the BBS. Take a poll of the MA if you want to know how things really are.

The gay statement was just wrong. It demonstrates a weakness in your character.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 11:42:32 AM by MetaTron »

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2003, 11:58:11 AM »
I don't understand anymore, half of the pizza map whiners say u can't find a furball the other can't find a 1 vs 1 fight.

Strangly the maps seems the cause.

It's pathetic if u give a good look at the map whiners.

Sky is sky it's all 3D.

On some maps u have to fly a few minutes more to reach an nme airbase but that's all i can find.

Start being sober guys.

Don't give in to the mass hystery.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2003, 12:06:46 PM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
I don't understand anymore, half of the pizza map whiners say u can't find a furball the other can't find a 1 vs 1 fight.

Strangly the maps seems the cause.

It's pathetic if u give a good look at the map whiners.

Sky is sky it's all 3D.

On some maps u have to fly a few minutes more to reach an nme airbase but that's all i can find.

Start being sober guys.

Don't give in to the mass hystery.

That about sums it up.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2003, 12:26:58 PM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
This fight was begun by my squadron innitiating a vehicle attack upon a zone field.

So, the best way to start a furball is to start with numbers to begin with? :confused:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2003, 12:31:09 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Please define "gamey"

gamey - adj. (1) as or pertaining to a game. (2) To use aspects of a game to one's advantage, whether or not such tactics were valid during a real event. In a sentence: GoFaster parking his Panzer inside the wounded hull of the enemy Tiger tank so as to protect himself from the Tiger's rescuers was a good example of being gamey.  :lol

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2003, 12:47:35 PM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh

I'm with Zipp.  I log on at 10pm, want to go to bed by 11pm with a couple of flights under my belt.  I log on and up comes AKDessert.  Lots of bases flashing so I pick one.  Spend 5 minutes climbing to 15k in a 109G2 just to have a P-47D come in at 20K, fly over my head and dive down.  I give chase back to my base.  I pull within 2.0 and watch as he pickles his ordinance and gets chewed up by airfield flack on pull-out. 20 minutes gone and nothing to show for it.  I guess AKDessert is a good way to pad my jabo score, since there are so many undefended bases and no discernable front line.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2003, 01:09:37 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
I'm with Zipp.  I log on at 10pm, want to go to bed by 11pm with a couple of flights under my belt.  
WW2 was not like that. I appreciate that concessions are needed for gameplay, but it's gone too far on some maps. Why not use the DA? Or the CT? That's what pizzaphobes do in pizza week.