Author Topic: Just an Observation.....  (Read 320 times)

Ice

Just an Observation.....
« on: October 31, 2000, 08:47:00 AM »
It seems that only perhaps 10-12 people have voiced a negative reaction to HTC's pricing experiment?

Am I mistaken, or does the majority of the subcribers support HTC and understand that if no attempts are made to grow in a changing market enviroment, HTC would perish? (the exception being RAM of course)  

Ice

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2000, 08:54:00 AM »
There are a lot of people apart of me that are paying 30$ right now and deeply disagree with that.

We (at least me) are giving HTC time to lower the price. That doesnt mean that I approve that move. Was a big mistake from my point of view. And an evitable one.

And now, Ice, I hope that someone of the "charitative" and "responsible" and full-of-great-morale souls that have ripped me apart in other threads come here too and rightly rip you apart for "kicking the dead horse" again.  

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 10-31-2000).]

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2000, 08:54:00 AM »
Another flame war otw on your favorite AH channel.

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
You said how I feel ICE.

-Westy

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2000, 09:04:00 AM »
but feelings ain't always right Westy  .

Maik

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Just like real life, there is such a thing as a silent group either the majority or the minority.  Many have opinions they don't express either because they don't want to be negative or because they don't want to be flamed.  I for one don't have a problem with the $29.95 and will say unashamedly that it provides more than enough value and I totally support HTC's right to do whatever they want to with their business but think that loyal customers should also express disapproval when something hits them wrong.  Letting this multiple pricing get out of the bag was a bad move.  Jeez even putting in a condition stating that if they revealed the lower pricing it would be withdrawn would have saved a lot of fingernails snapped on keyboards.  All this being said, somehow, anyone who would like to have the lower pricing as soon as possible needs to convey that fact to HTC.  My suggestion has been a peaceful, quiet protest by not participating in AH during Tuesday Nov. 1, 2000 at your location.  Seeing the number of participants drop drastically tomorrow will tell them how you feel.  You will have stated your opinion without flaming, being flamed and if you really want to be anonymous you can tell people you were out of town.
Beeg

Originally posted by Ice:
It seems that only perhaps 10-12 people have voiced a negative reaction to HTC's pricing experiment?

Am I mistaken, or does the majority of the subcribers support HTC and understand that if no attempts are made to grow in a changing market enviroment, HTC would perish? (the exception being RAM of course)  

Ice

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
I don't get the point of your post ICE. What do you want, people who just follow the herd and are unable to disagree with the majority? Wouldn't it be a fantastically exhilarating existence, if everyone thought the same?

AH needs to reach new players if it is to continue, everyone can see that. What I can't understand is why people were given unlimited offers rather than, say, an offer that expired in 6 months.

I'm not going to quit over it as I can afford to pay the £20 at the moment, but I can understand those who struggle to continue a subscription and end up leaving because of this issue. Especially if they have been here from the beginning.

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 10-31-2000).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »
 Mine are for me Maik. I do not feel like I am being ripped off nor being penalised by HTC for performing a market study.

But!  Back when I was 10 and my younger once brother got more than I did at Christmas.......

Well.... I quit the family, made spiteful remarks to my parents and I hit the street with ny chin held high. I wanted no fediddleing part of that sh&t!!!

-Westy

Ice

Just an Observation.....
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2000, 10:50:00 AM »
Hiyas Dowding

My point was simple...It just seemed to me that the majority were comfortable with HTC's decisions and viewed $30.00/month a value for the product.

In addition, it also seemed to me that the few who did not agree with HTC regarding this market research, were complaining over and over and over and over. Making much noise about something the majority of subscribers understand and are willing to hold their opinions until a time such as HTC can analyze the data from this little ol' experiment of theirs

As to why folks were given unlimited offers, that's really kinda simple. If you chose to  conduct market research for any product or service, the sample method used must be as pure and uncontaminated as possible in order for the data to be accurate and reliable.

Maybe I'm just looking at this the wrong way....I'm at an age where I know all too well that it's much more prudent to choose your fights, then to fight them all. For me....this is not worth fighting about.

Trust me....everythings going to be ok, and we all will profit from HTC's effort

Ice

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2000, 11:02:00 AM »
Hey!  I don't like it, but there is not much I can do about it!  Sure I could quit, but I usually don't run from a problem.  I am still having alot of fun!  Flying with JG2 is like..  it's like... so cool!  I am having more fun now than I ever had.  I really don't care about my score, I just enjoy flying with my squad!

Salute!!!

Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2000, 12:38:00 PM »
I'm happy with it.  Even happier if it cleans the player pool with morally outraged quitting.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2000, 02:27:00 PM »
Ice,
Its nice to see that somebody else has a clear understanding of what HTC is doing and why they did it the way they did.

Its their business to grow and to do that they need to be able to gather the info they need.  I support them in that.

Those who are complaining or who went so far as to cancel their accounts over this strike me as emotional adolescents who can't stop and apply logic to a situation.  All they seem to care about is themselves.  They seem to live in a VERY ego centric version of reality.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2000, 02:47:00 PM »

Originally posted by Karnak:
They seem to live in a VERY ego centric version of reality.

Humm. Right on target. In fact its me who is paying them ,not the inverse, right?.

So, If I pay what I pay and see others paying less for what I understand is a wrong move, I feel pissed.

Egocentric?...call it like you want. Thing is, I dont think its fair. And as I am the one making sacrifices to pay them, I feel pissed.

As I said, right on target, yeah.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2000, 04:08:00 PM »
ICE - I think people should let it drop, at least until we see what the outcome of the trial is. If people want to leave, then fine, but I think they might regret the decision in six months time. Especially if 1.05 is out by then.  

Those who are complaining... over this strike me as emotional adolescents...

Please clear this up for me Karnak. Are you saying that I'm an 'emotional adolescent' for having an opposing point of view?

That kind of attitude sits uneasily with me, my friend.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Just an Observation.....
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2000, 04:41:00 PM »
RAM,

That is the real question...is it a wrong move? Ice, myself and many others support it while you and others are opposed. My support is based on the understanding that this will eventually benifit all of us. Your opposition seems based on a percieved injustice. Boiled down to its essential point...someone else got a good deal so I'm pissed.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson