Author Topic: X52 help  (Read 696 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
X52 help
« on: October 18, 2005, 07:32:45 AM »
Posting this here as maybe I'll get some more answers

On the throttle, there is a mini hat switch and a button right next to it

How on earth do I get these to show up on the stick map?

They act as a mouse button by default (I guess)

On my X45 they mapped just fine and I'm used to the controls I had mapped there. But with the X52 I cannot figure out how to get a command assigned to them in AH2.

Please someone with an X52 help me out. Please be specific on the instructions please

Thanks in advance

(Also does anyone understand the SST programing software?)

If there is a good tutorial on it let me know cause the manual sucks.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
X52 help
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:37:44 AM »
i had x52 and i couldn't get them to work either. the thing has so many buttons i didn't need them anyway. so i don't know :D

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
X52 help
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 07:57:08 AM »
Elyeh:

I switched from the X45 to X52.

The mouse mini-stick:  you have to set it up each axis as "bands" and then assign keypresses to them via the SST configurator.  There's not a way to set it up as a direct-x button so that it show's up as a "button" in AH2 in the stick map.  That's the only way I could make it function in the similar manner in as my X45.

The button next to the mini-stick: I believe that one is recognizable as a direct-x button and will show up in the AH2 stickmap as a selectable.

I'm at work so can't look at my AH settings and stick settings to spell it all out specifically.  I'll try and do that if I get a chance later on this evening when I get home.

Tango,XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
X52 help
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 08:17:37 AM »
Originally posted by dtango
Elyeh:

I switched from the X45 to X52.

The mouse mini-stick:  you have to set it up each axis as "bands" and then assign keypresses to them via the SST configurator.  There's not a way to set it up as a direct-x button so that it show's up as a "button" in AH2 in the stick map.  That's the only way I could make it function in the similar manner in as my X45.

The button next to the mini-stick: I believe that one is recognizable as a direct-x button and will show up in the AH2 stickmap as a selectable.

I'm at work so can't look at my AH settings and stick settings to spell it all out specifically.  I'll try and do that if I get a chance later on this evening when I get home.

Tango,XO

Hmm i have my x45s mini working with ah stick mapping. I have forward and back mapped out as zoom in and out. Then i have up and down mapped as map zooms.  I 'm not sure but i think you have to shut off sst software completly . I had same problem once i shut sst down  it worked fine in AH.

Hope this helps.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
X52 help
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 08:33:47 AM »
install the program software, its very good.

then you can program the modes, settings, time zones for MFD, and that mini stick isnt a hat, its a mini mouse, and the lil button is the mouse button.

install the software. people say it sucks, but then they obviously never used it :D

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 help
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 08:45:03 AM »
Poo you should author a "Saitek For Dummies" series. I've owned 3 Saitek jstick rigs and always wound-up pounding my head on the floor using the prgramming software manual.

Do it Poo...you'll be a rich man some day ;)

DmdMax

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
X52 help
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:19:29 AM »
Originally posted by Pooface
install the program software, its very good.

then you can program the modes, settings, time zones for MFD, and that mini stick isnt a hat, its a mini mouse, and the lil button is the mouse button.

install the software. people say it sucks, but then they obviously never used it :D

I didn't say it sucks i just dont use it for ah.
note: I couldnt get the trim wheels to work correctly with sst. AH stick mapper was easyer to set up.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
X52 help
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:00:26 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
I didn't say it sucks i just dont use it for ah.
note: I couldnt get the trim wheels to work correctly with sst. AH stick mapper was easyer to set up.

Bronk

yeah, the trim wheels in sst have option to set the m as an axis (default)

its just like the actuall stick, so they show up in AH and thats where you set them.

if you'd like i could send you my stick profile so you can see how it works max:aok

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
X52 help
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 10:03:03 AM »
Originally posted by DMax
Poo you should author a "Saitek For Dummies" series.
Do it Poo...you'll be a rich man some day ;)

DmdMax

yeah, im just one of those people who plays around a bit to figure it out. ive only read 3 manuals in my life (all of them game manuals for the control settings)

i found the best thing to do with it was just play about, and find out that way. it may be that that only works for me tho. i learn through experimenting (its got me into a few holes over the years mind you ;))

im on holiday for a bit, ill try and make a mini, easy to read manual, and ill put it in the training forum. cant promise anything tho :)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
X52 help
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 11:47:49 AM »
Bronk wrote:
Hmm i have my x45s mini working with ah stick mapping. I have forward and back mapped out as zoom in and out.

The x45 mini-stick is recognized as a direct-x button.  The x52 isn't.  Without SST you won't have the option to see it as "buttons" in AH2.  I had to deal with this from my own conversion from x45 to x52 :).

I agree with Poo's statements.  The SST is pretty good.  I've got all my rotaries working just fine using the SST and into AH2.  Infact I toyed around with using them as bands vs. axis as well.

Tango, XO
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
X52 help
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 12:02:27 PM »

its just like the actuall stick, so they show up in AH and thats where you set them.

if you'd like i could send you my stick profile so you can see how it works max:aok

I'll shoot ya a pm with my addy.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
X52 help
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 12:53:54 PM »

Pooface -

Would you mind sending me your profile too??  I just trashed my cougar because I can't stand the sh***Y pots in that thing any longer.  I'm using the SST software, but still haven't got it set up quite right.  A reference file would help greatly.

I'll send you a PM with my address.  Thanks!!!

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
X52 help
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 01:16:13 PM »
ok, put this in your: c/program files/saitek/software folder

Aces High.dat

you should be able to figure out most of the stuff i have on that, but on mode two, fire button a and b are set to macro's which set my salvo and delay for me. eg. fire a in mode 2 types in /.salvo(space) for me, so i just hit the number and then enter, nice and easy. fire b does the same for delay.

then, for my ministick in all modes, i have it so if you push it left, left wheel brake, and right = right brake.

the profile isnt too complicated, because i dont want tons of buttons set, i just use the keyboard, but i hope that helped!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52 help
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 03:33:01 PM »
there is a X52 profile in the link in my sig if it can help
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
X52 help
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »
Thanks so far guys...... just to list the buttons that dont directly show up in AH2: The mini hat, the button right net to it, the button with the "i" on it,
the slider and the push button on the wheel (the one in the front).

I would really like to use the SST program... It looks like it is very usefull. The problem is that the directions suck. Anyone who writes a tutorial that people would understand would be great. (Drinks will be on me:O ).