Author Topic: Performance Comparisons WinForms Application  (Read 522 times)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Performance Comparisons WinForms Application
« on: May 25, 2006, 06:03:57 AM »
Myself and Ladle have worked on this application for several months last year. Its been a private Airborne Kitchen Utensils application for training pilots/knowledge-base. Since DrGonzo has released his one (which has more stuff than mine), i thought i may as well release mine as well.

The big difference is mine is a stand-alone application which doesnt need a connection to the internet. Its a windows-based application written in C#.NET 2.0 so its much faster than web-based apps, and you can compare as many planes as you want at any time, and opt for MIL or WEP power settings, or both. It features Climb and Speed data from HTCs graphs (labouriously scraped data and entered into XML files), and it features Kweassa's turn performance data (THANKS!). It doesnt have weapon power or acceleration, but the climb chart gives a very good acceleration indicator anyway.

You can download it here:
Comparison App

Note: you probably will need to download the .NET 2.0 runtime from your favourite Microsoft download center - its free.

And i personally gaurantee there are NO VIRUS' in this application!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:54:55 AM »
Uh, make sure you have plenty of RAM, and a lot of CPU power before installing .NET anything.  Once you activate it you cannot shut it off and it is a pig.

Sorry Spatula, I just had nightmares of all the phone calls and support emails asking what heppened to the game performance.  There are also security ramifications involved with .NET.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:05:01 PM »
Look like your software is not ready for international :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
   at PerformanceComparison.Form1.RefreshTurnPlot()
   at PerformanceComparison.Form1.RefreshPlots()
   at PerformanceComparison.Form1.AircraftList_ItemCheck(Object sender, ItemCheckEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnItemCheck(ItemCheckEventArgs ice)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.LbnSelChange()

FYI in France the décimal separator is the " , "  not the  " .  " like in lof of countries.

Plus there is a trouble when resizing the window, the blue bitmap with the 51 is moving too.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 04:35:33 PM »
Heh, yer straffo, i noticed the window resize thing myself :) and good point about the internationalisation :)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 06:13:47 PM »
Straffo: i have fixed the two bugs you mentioned and its now available. Cant resize it and add the invariant culture info into the Convert() method, seems to work on my pc when i switch regionals (to French) via the control panel.

I only got 512Meg RAM, and a Sempron 2.8+ and .NET 2.0 runs fine for me - YMMV.

As an alternative there is an open-source .NET runtime out there called MONO which you could set up if you dont want to use the MS one :) Dunno if its for .NET 2.0 yet tho? YMMV.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:49 PM »
I always hate extra software to run another piece of software ;)