Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Me!  (Read 5435 times)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« on: May 12, 2000, 10:34:00 PM »
I`M DONE!

This game used be a really fun-then something happened that *really* screwed it up. I`ve squeaked about it many times and I`m not going to anymore.

As of tonight Ripsnort has been promoted to C.O. of I./JG 2 "Richthofen" as I will not be flying in the main arena anymore. I will finish my tour as as an instructor,whether I will stay after that is questionable.

<S> to all my friends and foes alike,your a great bunch for the most part.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2000, 10:38:00 PM »
Whassup?

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2000, 10:59:00 PM »
Sorry, weazel, I did a search of the BB, but haven't a clue to what you're talking about?
ingame: Raz

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2000, 11:19:00 PM »
Weaz...Just take a brake...Its too well made and can be over stimulating...
>

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2000, 11:21:00 PM »
Big Blue Deathwagon...?

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2000, 11:50:00 PM »
It is unfortunate Weazel but some others, me included may not be far behind.

Perhaps not for the same reasons but there are enough to go around lately.

Too bad but other games are coming someday.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2000, 12:22:00 AM »
take a break, get outside, get a 35 dollar discovery flight at your local airport and ask for a few spins   or somthing.

if you can fly these aircraft well theres nothing you should have problems with in a real airplane as far as stick and rudder goes. so when the instructor is wowed by your perfect landing and flying and asks if you ever flew before just grin to yourself and know that Aces High is somthing more than just a silly game like quake, it's quake with some toejam hot flight models so that the chaos is educational.  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2000, 12:57:00 AM »
As a former proponent and user of the 1c almost exclusively, I'm starting to wonder if something about it's guns aren't overmodelled.  (Actually I think it's the hispanos.)  I don't want to start a 100 post thread about whether or not the guns are overdone, but I will ask if Pyro can check and see if there is a bug with the power of the Hispanos?  While I don't believe the plane itself is better than any others, something is strange with the guns IMO.

I rarely fly the 1c for air to air anymore, except for bomber intercepts and JABO.  Tonight I flew one sortie in it to hunt down bishop bombers over V51.  I knocked off a b26's tail with only 2 pings on my FE.  Any other plane that I've used would need anywhere from 10 - 25 hits to do that.  The hispanos also seem to have an amazing punch against tanks.  It is probably true that the hispano 20mm was (when working) likely the best gun used during WWII.  It had a higher muzzle velocity and greater bullet mass compared to the MG151, which equals greater punch.  My question is whether or not a hispano round could penetrate the armor of a panzer IV?  Honestly, I'm sure that it could probably penetrate the top armor, but there's no way it could be as devestating as it seems to be in AH.  (If it was, why weren't 4 20mm versions of the spit used to kill tanks?)

(My reasoning as to if a Hispano round could penetrate tank armor, is that P47s armed with 8 50cal often knocked out Panzers.  They did this by shooting behind the tank and bouncing rounds into the engine.   )

Pyro, can you check and see if something has happened to the hispanos to make them so leathal?  There are just too many people complaining about them recently to not have something wrong.

All of the above are just my own opinions of course.  

I'd hate to see weazel quit because of a small bug with the Hispanos.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2000, 01:02:00 AM »
Pssst, Leonid, your from field is so long it's smashing the thread text.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2000, 01:18:00 AM »
Weaz, Im right behind ya bud, fantasy terrain, and dweeb tactics=no fun.  I love historical stuff and this aint it.  Its the main reason I left WB, frag fests get old quick, d10 laser gunnery and such have burnt me out to bud.

------------------
Dnil
JG-2
Part time aircraft restorer. www.kingwoodcable.com/jheuer

funked

Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2000, 01:23:00 AM »
Gotta agree I am pretty burned out on the Main Arena.  Hope we get something a little closer to a War soon.

However Scenarios and Squaddies RULE!  

Hope you come back Weazel!

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2000, 02:08:00 AM »
I don't know exactly what is driving you away Weazel but I can definitely say that I fell your pain. The game is getting to be a drag for me as well. The visuals and flight model are great BUT the overall gameplay is stagnant in this industry. I started online flying back in '93 with AW where we used WW2 airplanes to bomb and dogfight and C47's to drop troops to capture fields on multiple countried fictitious terrain. Well here we are 8 years later using WW2 aircraft to bomb and dogfight and C47's to drop troops to capture fields on multiple countried fictitious terrain... it just looks a lot prettier.  As far as we think we've come on the journey, we've really barely left the driveway.

T

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2000, 02:59:00 AM »
(hang blows the dust off the F15 cd case)

Nothin like a little afterburner action to freshen ones outlook flyin 'n dyin.

"FOX TWO!"

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2000, 03:04:00 AM »
Nice vent, but what a load.

If you don't play the MA for 30 days, I'll pay for your account next month, really!

If you do play the MA in the next 14 days, YOU pay mine. Deal?

Dude, it's the best gig in town, get pissed, but don't quit, cuz really, ya can't!

[This message has been edited by Creamo (edited 05-13-2000).]

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2000, 03:04:00 AM »
I luv the friggin Sim and it's only getting better.

Surely in the future we will get diff Arenas to appease all.

Personally if I don't like a place I just leave and don't stand at the door yelling.