Author Topic: Spitfire 14 Fuel  (Read 1205 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Spitfire 14 Fuel
« on: April 01, 2009, 11:05:38 PM »
I noticed when you get your wing fuel tank damaged on spitfire mk XIV the damage indicator shows the opposite fuel tank.  (for example, when your left wing fuel tank starts leaking the damage report downs that it's your right).

I know that's not the way it's supposed to be lol
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Spitfire 14 Fuel
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
Same thing happens with wings when i blow them off. Hit the left wing the right comes off.
Strokes

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »
Same thing happens with wings when i blow them off. Hit the left wing the right comes off.

Really??? Never happened to me before and I fly spit 14 most of the time.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »
Really??? Never happened to me before and I fly spit 14 most of the time.

But how many times have you KILLED one? You'd only see it while attacking, from the description.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
Well...looks like you were partially right
When you shoot at the right wing, your right wing falls of.
However when you shoot at the left wing, weird stuff happens. If you shoot at the inner part of the wing near the fuselage both wings fall of, and if you shoot at the outer part your left wing falls of when only your wingtip should.

Me and settler tested this:
Right Wing-http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mqlzdyyw0fc
Left Wing-http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?11eq4zzykdd
Left Wing-http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3oq0lrtzkz

But how many times have you KILLED one?
a good number of times
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 01:50:12 AM »
I noticed when you get your wing fuel tank damaged on spitfire mk XIV the damage indicator shows the opposite fuel tank.  (for example, when your left wing fuel tank starts leaking the damage report downs that it's your right).

I know that's not the way it's supposed to be lol

I'm just wondering, what is the possibility if that being fixed with the next update?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »
HTC doesn't usually reply whether or not they are fixing something. Being as it just a graphic issue that doesn't really matter (even when the tanks are empty the "fuel leak" continues on all planes), I doubt its high on their list. But you never know.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:14 PM »
HTC doesn't usually reply whether or not they are fixing something. Being as it just a graphic issue that doesn't really matter (even when the tanks are empty the "fuel leak" continues on all planes), I doubt its high on their list. But you never know.

It's not a graphic issue, the damage list is wrong. When I'm leaking out of my left wing tank, the damage list shows that it's the right (same thing the other way).

Or were you talking about the wing getting blown of? That is not a graphic issue either, because in cases where you are supposed to lose a wing tip, you lose the hole wing. So in cases where your supposed to survive and come home, you don't (that's only the left wing thought). I understand this one might take a while to fix, but I was actually hoping that HTC would fix the damage list issue real quick with the next update.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:54:21 PM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 07:51:17 AM »
It's not a graphic issue, the damage list is wrong. When I'm leaking out of my left wing tank, the damage list shows that it's the right (same thing the other way).

Or were you talking about the wing getting blown of? That is not a graphic issue either, because in cases where you are supposed to lose a wing tip, you lose the hole wing. So in cases where your supposed to survive and come home, you don't (that's only the left wing thought). I understand this one might take a while to fix, but I was actually hoping that HTC would fix the damage list issue real quick with the next update.

Yes it is graphical. If you leaking fuel, it doesn't matter which wing it "looks" like its coming out, your still leaking fuel. If you get your right wing blown off and it say the left wing your still missing a wing. So the plane is reacting like it is suppose to, the picture just doesn't match up.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
Yes it is graphical. If you leaking fuel, it doesn't matter which wing it "looks" like its coming out, your still leaking fuel.
No, I am physically losing fuel, the fuel leak comes out of the right tank, but when you display the damage list it saws the wrong tank. So when I'm half blacked out and don't have time to play attention where exactly the fuel is leaking from, i just vie my damage list and select that fuel tank in order to save fuel.

If you get your right wing blown off and it say the left wing your still missing a wing. So the plane is reacting like it is suppose to, the picture just doesn't match up.

Do you really think a plane with a wing tip mission would handle just like a plane with a full wing missing?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
No, I am physically losing fuel, the fuel leak comes out of the right tank, but when you display the damage list it saws the wrong tank. So when I'm half blacked out and don't have time to play attention where exactly the fuel is leaking from, i just vie my damage list and select that fuel tank in order to save fuel.

Do you really think a plane with a wing tip mission would handle just like a plane with a full wing missing?

OK, your the expert, I bow to you superior wisdom  :rolleyes:  oh and good luck with that !

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »
Fugitive, it's not just a cosmetic change. There are damage model bugs being reported here.

Damage model's outta whack, regardless of where the graphical "gas leak" originates.

I'd also like to add to the bugs an oversight that I think borders on bug. The wrong wing tank drains first on auto-fuel select. The plane is somewhat unstable, and leaving the auto fuel select on burns the wing tank that makes it even MORE unstable. Torque on this plane is opposite that of other planes, which dictates draining the OTHER wing's tank first.

Would like to see that fixed. IMO it explains some of the unruly behavior this plane exhibits.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
I'd also like to add to the bugs an oversight that I think borders on bug. The wrong wing tank drains first on auto-fuel select. The plane is somewhat unstable, and leaving the auto fuel select on burns the wing tank that makes it even MORE unstable. Torque on this plane is opposite that of other planes, which dictates draining the OTHER wing's tank first.

Would like to see that fixed. IMO it explains some of the unruly behavior this plane exhibits.

Never ever never use auto fuel switch in a spitfire.
Also have you noticed that it burn of the bottom fuel tank 1st, and then the top, that's not right. The top fuel tank is not self-sealing and unarmored, but the bottom is, therefor you need to burn of the top fuel tank 1st.

Would be great to get ALL that fixed
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
That doesn't affect the flyability of the plane, though. That's a minor point. Plus, how often do you get a fuel leak in a spit, without being killed because the rounds are hitting your cockpit area anyways?

In the 14 it's an issue because it aggravates the handling quirks, making them worse.

On all other spits theres no problem leaving fuel on "auto".

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »
That doesn't affect the flyability of the plane, though. That's a minor point. Plus, how often do you get a fuel leak in a spit, without being killed because the rounds are hitting your cockpit area anyways?

In the 14 it's an issue because it aggravates the handling quirks, making them worse.

On all other spits theres no problem leaving fuel on "auto".

I get my wing fuel tanks damaged pretty often.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn