Author Topic: My new computer purchased from Tildeath  (Read 1751 times)

Offline zes

• Zinc Member
My new computer purchased from Tildeath
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:38:21 PM »
Hi All,

I'd like to share with the gallery my experience with a new computer system purchased from Tildeath.

I purchased the system about 2 months ago and wanted to do a few things and live with it before writing any kind a review. 

I have been using PC's and Mac's for over 20 years for all kinds of things.  My main uses over that time have been professional audio applications.  Most of my computing has been on PC's and have worked for Sonic Foundry (now Sony) in tech support and sound development roles.  I have built most of my PC's in the past but, owing to a the Mac-centrism of my current place of employ, spent the last few years with a Mac running boot-camp (to play Aces High and other Windows apps).  Since I had lost track of the current Windows hardware world, I decided to seek out a pre-build from someone knowledgeable.  Knowing that PC's built as gaming machines would likely guarantee a certain level of performance that would be good for audio production also, I gave Tildeath a call.

Upon speaking with Tildeath my first impression was 'Wow, this guy is actually listening to and taking my various computing needs into consideration”.  I explained my current situation (using a Mac and running Windows) wanting the reverse (a PC that I would try to install 'the other OS' on it for work compatibility).  But more so,  I wanted a Windows machine that simply rocked for AH, Vegas, Sound Forge, and Protools. 

After discussing my needs and doing his own research into these areas, Tildeath proposed the following.... 
Q9550 core2 quad – overclocked to 3.7 Ghz
Nvidia 9800GTX+ video card
4 gig ram
additional firewire card (for audio drives and interface – need independent busses).
ATA drive
Windows Vista home premium 30 demo (as I was uncertain as to XP or Vista)

I OK'd the system and in about a week had it here.  I then proceeded to spend about two weeks learning how-to and successfully installing 'the other OS' to its own partition.  <<note to anyone doing this>> it can be pretty easy if you purchase only hardware that is known to be supported by 'them'  (my system is not entirely, so it took some doing).  Again, I was most interested in a great PC so I didn't spec out the system to run 'the other'.  I figured 'if it doesn't work...oh well'.   In any case, once I got that working I turned my attentions to the Windows world and finally replaced the Mac in my studio with this machine. 

Customer service = THE BEST – Tildeath followed up like no other vendor I have ever worked with.  --He sent me a list of firewire card options to choose from.
– I spaced the expiration of the demo OS on a Friday evening and couldn't boot.  I called Tildeath and he actually acquired a retail version that I purchased then and there.  He called me back with the reg number (to get me going again) and then sent me the discs (again following up to make sure I got it). This act alone is unprecedented in modern customer service.  This was outside of business hours where he gave me the reg number over the phone from a restaurant where he and his wife were celebrating their anniversary.  Unbelievable! 

To cut to the chase...
This computer runs AHII and my audio apps like butter.  I truly believe this is the finest computer I have ever owned.  The price was as good if not better than any comparable retail system.  The customer service is in a whole new class.  Anyone that wants a great PC that you can feel 100% great about, seek out Tildeath and at least discuss it with him.  He's generous with his time and I dare say, you may even make a friend.

zes

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: My new computer purchased from Tildeath
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:28:03 PM »
Rich is a gentleman.   In these tough times customer service is getting worse at most places.   But not at HTC and Rich's shop.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
Rich is a gentleman.   In these tough times customer service is getting worse at most places.   But not at HTC and Rich's shop.   

I couldn't agree more.  I just got off the phone with Carrie a couple hours ago to get some billing issues taken care of.  5 min of her friendly voice and everything is good to go again.  All set to fire up the TilDeath built system tonight and do some flying again.   :salute
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:54:28 PM »
Tildeath's work is second to none. I've recommended him to a lot of people, including Zes I think.

Dragon, you weren't talking to Carrie, that was Skuzzy. From what I've heard, Skuzzy has a nice soft voice that mimics his lithe redheaded body.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »
I will have to hurt you now Delirium.  You will not know when, but it will happen.  :)

Maybe one day you will log in and have a million perk points, but all the perk planes will be worth a million and one perk points.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 04:17:08 PM »
I will have to hurt you now Delirium.  You will not know when, but it will happen.  :)

Maybe one day you will log in and have a million perk points, but all the perk planes will be worth a million and one perk points.

:rofl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:57 PM »

Just make it so the only plane he could fly would be Hurri2C or a Spit mkXVI.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »

You're just mad because I'm letting people know who you really are. I'm doing my best to tell as many people as I can and in multiple threads.

Perk planes won't affect me much, that is unless you remove P38s from the hanger list.  :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »
You're just mad because I'm letting people know who you really are. I'm doing my best to tell as many people as I can and in multiple threads.

Perk planes won't affect me much, that is unless you remove P38s from the hanger list.  :aok

That can be arranged. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »

+1   I couldn't agree more.  A couple of days ago, Rich (TD) called up out of the blue just to check on how things were going with the now 2 month old system I got from him.  A very pleasant surprise!  Try getting that kind of follow-up care and/ or customer service anywhere else!  :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »

Oh, you have to "follow up" on this dare.   Come on Skuzzy, bring forth the thunder!    :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:42 AM »
I dunno.  Do I really want to upset royalty?  :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 07:17:41 AM »
Royalty? My wife calls me a 'royal pain in the a**', does that count?

<---confused, as usual
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 07:18:19 AM »

Skuzzy's always at his funniest just before quittin time on Friday afternoon.  :rofl

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »
Royalty? My wife calls me a 'royal pain in the a**', does that count?

<---confused, as usual

Confused?  Slow maybe.  hehe.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese