Author Topic: Add GV hull gun damage.  (Read 479 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Add GV hull gun damage.
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:27:14 AM »
OK question for you all. Has any one ever had the hull gun go out on any GV you have been driving? Or have you ever damaged one you have been shooting at? I ask this because it is a little frustrating to take out the main gun on a tank or a flack in an M8 & to have the de-fanged GV just drive up to you 20 feet away pounding you with the hull machine gun & you can't kill it's gun.

It matters not that your shooting the hull gun with your main gun using HE rounds or AP or even 50 Cal's it can't be taken out even at 20 feet. Then of course the hull gun proceeds to tear your m8 apart & then you die.
Whine over.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: Add GV hull gun damage.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »
     Um, shoot it again?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:42:38 AM »
     Um, shoot it again?
You missed the point I was making I never stopped shooting it until it took out my main gun pintel gun engine & also tracked me both sides then killed me. I would say I put about 9 rounds right in the hull gun using both AP & HE.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
Nope but I once got a pilot (driver) wound in a tiger and kept blacking out in the drivers seat.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »
Nope but I once got a pilot (driver) wound in a tiger and kept blacking out in the drivers seat.
Yep have that happen to me in an m3.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »
+1 on the Wish.  I have got the PW in a SDK and an M3.  It's just weird to experience in a vehicle instead of a plane.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »
I think this only bothers those who have to take bases! A GV that is turreted still can kill troops :aok I say keep it the way it is!

To many times than can be counted it is that 0ne GV with only a hull gun that refuses the HORDE,  I like it :rock

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »
I think this only bothers those who have to take bases! A GV that is turreted still can kill troops :aok I say keep it the way it is!

To many times than can be counted it is that 0ne GV with only a hull gun that refuses the HORDE,  I like it :rock
My only real issue is that it is unrealistic that a single machine gun can't be damaged at all. Especially in light of the fact that just a few 20mm rounds can track a tank & you can take out the top pintel with almost anything that hits it.

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 05:27:53 AM »
 :aok +1
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
OK question for you all. Has any one ever had the hull gun go out on any GV you have been driving? Or have you ever damaged one you have been shooting at? I ask this because it is a little frustrating to take out the main gun on a tank or a flack in an M8 & to have the de-fanged GV just drive up to you 20 feet away pounding you with the hull machine gun & you can't kill it's gun.

It matters not that your shooting the hull gun with your main gun using HE rounds or AP or even 50 Cal's it can't be taken out even at 20 feet. Then of course the hull gun proceeds to tear your m8 apart & then you die.
Whine over.

+2
     Um, shoot it again?
You obviously dont use the m8 much or at all......
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.