Author Topic: Dud Tator Films For HTC  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Dud Tator Films For HTC
« on: June 04, 2010, 03:48:37 AM »
I have created this thread so that we could post recent films for HTC to help them narrow down or explain the issue.
I have been experiencing a bad case of dud tators as well. Here are some dud tator vid from fights I had last night. I have posted similar bugs in the bugs section before, but no official explanation resulted

BTW none of these fights were with a mossy.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/my2j45mdt3e/dud-tator-clip.ahf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynmwznymayi/dud-tator-clip2.ahf

Previous bug report filed in the bugs section
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,281521.0.html

It would be very much appreciated if HTC could look into this issue.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dud Tator Films For HTC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:07:40 AM »
"Mediafire has been blocked due to unsafe content."  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 05:44:09 AM »
I have created this thread so that we could post recent films for HTC to help them narrow down or explain the issue.

I have posted similar bugs in the bugs section before, but no official explanation resulted

Previous bug report filed in the bugs section
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,281521.0.html

It would be very much appreciated if HTC could look into this issue.

just because you did not see a reply from an HTC employee does not mean they are not looking into it!

oh, and wrong forum........

supposed to post these where you said you already posted them....... why all these AH players keep insisting on not understanding where to post post, or posting twice in 2 seperate forums about the same thing, is unreal....... makes for big post count though........ guess people get a lil something out of it......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:11:08 AM »
I reckon everything in the game suffers from rubber bullets at one point or another, its just more noticeable with eg. 30mms or tank rounds because you fire less of them and notice the effects of the individual rounds. Ive fired 400 rounds at convergence from the jugs 8x.50s before for just a fuel leak, clearly not all of the rounds were causing damage but the effect is less noticeable than firing a single rubber tater. Ive experienced this with almost everything ive fired ingame at some time.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:53:02 AM »
Think so?

Try it with the p-39's 37mm, it never fails.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 08:05:36 AM »
i feel that the 30mm taters can go either way... either they ARE bugged, or its just that people over estimate their power. Think that where one 30mm would hit a plane, 3 20mms would be striking the same target making more of an impact? the 30mm has a somewhat slow fire rate, yeah maybe 4 30mms increase your chance of hits but what if you only hit the target with one? i've never had a problem killing the enemy when i KNOW i've hit with more than one tater nut
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »
never fly the P39, but if I did for a whole tour I guarantee there would be some 37mm hits which did hardly any/no damage, just like I experienced last tour with .50s, 20mm hispanos, 76mm AP rounds etc. etc...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/my2j45mdt3e/dud-tator-clip.ahf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynmwznymayi/dud-tator-clip2.ahf

Both these films showed a previously unknown problem with the target planes, not the ammo.  It's been a long standing bug (we'll look at all other planes too) that will be addressed in the next patch.

Thanks,
- Sudz

<edit> PS  The mossie had a separate, unrelated damage problem that has also been addressed.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:44:06 AM by -sudz- »

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 10:55:58 AM »
Both these films showed a previously unknown problem with the target planes, not the ammo.  It's been a long standing bug (we'll look at all other planes too) that will be addressed in the next patch.

Thanks,
- Sudz

<edit> PS  The mossie had a separate, unrelated damage problem that has also been addressed.

:aok HTC is the best  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
This is awesome news.  Thanks Hitech, sudz, and HTC for looking at this and having a fix in the works.  :aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
You did a good job Ardy by posting the films,

~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 11:04:10 AM »
Might want to check the seafire.  It took a 37mm from the yakT. No damage.. I can email film if needed.

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 01:05:36 PM »

Thanks,
- Sudz

<edit> PS  The mossie had a separate, unrelated damage problem that has also been addressed.

Thank you Suds & HTC for looking into the issue!  :aok
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:13:32 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »
Might want to check the seafire.  It took a 37mm from the yakT. No damage.. I can email film if needed.

<S>
Er...not sure how HTC has it modeled but the 37mm in the Yak were AP rounds for anti-armor, pass right through an aircraft like a hot knife in butter. Unless it hit some solid part of the the framework and detonated all it would do is leave a large smoking hole.

And you probably missed this little snippet.

Both these films showed a previously unknown problem with the target planes, not the ammo.  It's been a long standing bug (we'll look at all other planes too) that will be addressed in the next patch.

Thanks,
- Sudz
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »

<S>

Now that is saying something. A Yak 9T's spud gun is usually destructive.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"