Author Topic: Need help testing some things - Version 3  (Read 6975 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Need help testing some things - Version 3
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
<edit>  We now have a version 3 available.  See the link below to download it.  The file thtdlg.res has not been updated.

We have a new test version that fixes a few sound issues that made the previous version hard to play online with.  It also uses your existing sound config file to set individual sound volumes although there is no mechanism to adjust the individual sounds in the test version.

We need some help testing some issues that we can't duplicate in house.  Anybody is welcome to run this test version and make sure everything works for them but we are particularly looking for people who've had problems in the earlier patch versions of 2.19.  Specifically, we're looking for people who had the following problems:

A-  Losing the mouse cursor at the windowed main screen when quitting.
B-  Getting stuck hold down keys or joystick buttons like an up view or a fire button.
C-  Any general sound issues in any of the previous versions shipping with the Miles system.

PLEASE ONLY REPORT THE FOLLOWING 2 THINGS IN THIS THREAD:

1-  IF YOU HAD ONE OF THE PROBLEMS LISTED ABOVE, TELL US IF IT IS NOW FIXED OR IF YOU STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM.  PLEASE BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHICH PROBLEM YOU HAD.
2-  NEW PROBLEMS THAT DON'T EXIST IN THE CURRENT RELEASE.

EXAMPLE:  "I previously had the lost mouse cursor on exit problem but I don't have that problem in the test version."  Or, "I had the stuck key bug happening to me and I am still seeing it in the test version."

There is also a new sound configuration in the options menu that lets you map different classes of sounds to different devices.  I.E. you can have voice go to your headset and other sounds through your speakers.  This just needs some general testing to make sure it's working as intended on different systems and configurations.

You can run this test version online.  This will not replace your current Aces High installation so if you have a problem with it you can go back to running the regular release.

Instructions:

1-  Download BOTH of these files to your Aces High folder.  Note: you can skip the thtdlg.res file if you still have it in your directory from the first test.

http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/htsim8r3.exe
http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/thtdlg.res

2-  Run the file htsim8r3.exe from your Aces High folder.  Create a shortcut if you want but make sure you run this file out of your Aces High folder.  If you run it from somewhere else it won't work.

3-  Report bugs or if any of the above listed bugs you had before are now absent with this test version.  Please report back to us in this thread.  

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:47:37 AM by Pyro »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Need help testing some things - Version 2
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
Are these the same test files as before? Or are they a version 2 as well as the thread?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
The htsim8r is new as of today.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »
Thank you
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
I never had problems with the original release.  thought it was awesome, but now i lose frames big time.  i got into the 40's, not all the time, but mostly when there was lots of smoke, and only a few fiters.  over cv it went down to the 49-52's, again only with a few fiters around.  which is weird because i seldom have fps lower than 55 and that is with everything on fire, puffy ack and about a zillion uppers from the cv.  i have everything on except shadows on both versions.

e8400 cpu oc to 3.6
9800gtx+vc
windows 7 64 bit
sb xfi extreme sc
g35 headset, pedals, ch stick, x52 throttle, trakir all on usb powered hub.

btw i coudnt figure out how to have game sound on speakers and voice on headset.  i tried different ways, but couldnt get it to work

semp

the sounds are way better using the miles system.  i can hear every distinct sound.  it is great.  only bad thing about it, it is loud.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:33:00 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:39:16 AM »
Master volume now works

Vox reception initially gets fragmented
Example
"John ha.........s a long moustache

Eventually clears up

High speed passes sound a bit off. almost a bit too high pitched to be prop driven aircraft even at high speed. But not quite as bad as the problems I was having

Otherwise the game plays fine
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:47:57 AM »
I have had problems with view keys and gun button getting stuck .Version one did not fix version 2 seems to have solved it .

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »
I have had problems with view keys and gun button getting stuck .Version one did not fix version 2 seems to have solved it .

Were you using joystick buttons or keyboard keys when you experienced the stuck condition?

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »
Joystick buttons. They stuck using MSSWFFB2 and G940 .

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »
I never had problems with the original release.  thought it was awesome, but now i lose frames big time.  i got into the 40's, not all the time, but mostly when there was lots of smoke, and only a few fiters.  over cv it went down to the 49-52's, again only with a few fiters around.  which is weird because i seldom have fps lower than 55 and that is with everything on fire, puffy ack and about a zillion uppers from the cv.  i have everything on except shadows on both versions.

e8400 cpu oc to 3.6
9800gtx+vc
windows 7 64 bit
sb xfi extreme sc
g35 headset, pedals, ch stick, x52 throttle, trakir all on usb powered hub.

btw i coudnt figure out how to have game sound on speakers and voice on headset.  i tried different ways, but couldnt get it to work

semp

the sounds are way better using the miles system.  i can hear every distinct sound.  it is great.  only bad thing about it, it is loud.

frame rates down into the 30-35 when in furball.  never happened before. tryied again with different sounds, firefox on with youtube music video on: beach boys full  60 frames occasional going down to 55 on same furball/airfield.  without the miles system.

semp
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:27:08 PM by guncrasher »

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »
What are your sound options set to?

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »
Miles system returns to default settings . View keys do not get stuck anymore . If killed while firing , guns are still firing when I spawn in .
All sound settings are default . No sound pack being used

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »
What are your sound options set to?

all sounds going to headset.  coudnt get just voice to work on headset and all other on speakers.  My frame rate takes a big hit using miles when there's a few airplanes, explosions... around.  which is weird because when it was released a couple of weeks ago, my frame rate was normal.  also past couple of days i tried using it, i keep getting disco'd after about 10 to 15 min of game playing.

semp

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
Game sounds.

On second thought High speed passes while as I mentioned before arent as bad as they were with the problems I was having.
But they are nothing short of intolerably annoying. It is as if the engines are revving way too high and are too high pitched even for a high speed pass. At slower speeds they sound fine

the longer I listened to them the more annoying they seemed to me. I ended up switching back to the regular non test version which sounds fine at all speeds.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
Hlbly, can you try a couple things for us and see if the problems persist?

First, go into you Aces High\Settings folder and delete the sndgrp.cfg file.  Then run the game again without touching your sound options and see if your frame rate is still diminished.  After that, go into the sound options menu and try some different settings in the Speaker Layout option and see if any of those have any effect.  Don't change any of the other sound options other than Speaker Layout when testing this piece.  Thanks.