Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7854 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 08:44:41 AM »
Some real funny people in this thread. Real funny looking people.  :old: :rofl

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »

Finally I believe Midway refuses to duel because he knows - as do we all - that a duel is the closest thing we have to minimising all other variables and pitching one's piloting skill against an opponent.

Midway simply seems to come at that person again and again until he gets a kill, at which point he gets the confirmation he was looking for that he is equal to them or better than them

Off the mark again, nrshida.... but I forgive you.  Your recent assessments are severly lacking.  How is the dark side treating you?  Hopefully you'll turn around and come back in the light and bring truer assessments with you once again.  I've explained my reason for not liking to duel in another recent thread.  And just because I beat Bruv, for example, once or twice, in no way means I'm confirming that I'm better than he.  Far far from it... and therefore you being again far far off the mark.

We all have moment(s) of weakness. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
midway, if he blows past you to suicide on a shed, you win the fight by default.  :aok

Who said anything about suicide on a shed.  I’ve often hit an nme VH and Ord plus radar at a small field.   I was challenged on the way in by the Spit, LaLa, or whatever.  I’m in a heavy P38L hauling ords.   I take the guy head on, that’s HO I’ll start firing at 2K.. so that they  knew to get out of my way.  I’ll get my VH, the Ord and radar and RTB.  Some time I get the kill on the defender.  The ones that hold the line, die, the ones that turn away can’t get a shot on me before they lose the VH and ords.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »
Some real funny people in this thread. Real funny looking people.  :old: :rofl

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
If you know I'll never HO, it makes me predictable. 

I hate being predictable.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
If you know I'll never HO, it makes me predictable. 

I hate being predictable.

Wisdom graced upon us.  Thank you. :salute :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Saberone

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2012, 04:19:11 AM »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2012, 02:42:14 AM »
Wisdom graced upon us.  Thank you. :salute :rock

That's actually a very consistent piece of advice I give to just about anyone who spends some time with me in the DA initially.

A lot of those "picks" you say I have on you were not so much picks of you engaged, as much as being in the right position right altitude to catch you jabbering on ch200 (sometimes even while I'm talking with you - I multitask better  :aok )

Predictability kills.

An aside: How many times did you die when I dropped down on your six?  How many times did you die when you dropped down on *my* six? How many times when I simply used the La's speed to take total control of the fight instead of getting all twisty? Are you still easy to rope?  Not all DA time is same plane, 25% on deck, best double/triple immel wins, unless it's a tie and then it ends up in a scissors for the better pilots and a circle for the average ones, and you beat them by going vert from the circle. I've done mis-matched planes, lower alt, 2-3 v 1, 2 v 2 etc... almost like the TA in a sense, except your mistakes send you to tower.

You simply don't have the inherent talent to be recognized as "great"; you need a mentor, not a role-model, to refine and broaden your skills. You have the potential to become a much more capable/effective pilot.

You may remember Wldthing (and SKyrock as well)... I spent hours with both in the DA racking the crap outta ponys (before I moved to lala's  :noid ) Both eventually learned as much as they could from me and moved onto to the few others who possessed both talent/skill for those few remaining skills. I never had a mentor... I got by on talent and honed my skills.

My talent is what allows me to pwn you, as my skills are fairly rusty.   :ahand :neener: 

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:47 AM »
VERY well beaten topic for sure dude. If the red guy is in your sights (REFRICKINGARDLESS of how they got there), squeeze the trigger. Anyone else that complains of skill and whatnot and insist the "6 shot" is the only honorable solution, is trying the DA style of play in the MA.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
VERY well beaten topic for sure dude. If the red guy is in your sights (REFRICKINGARDLESS of how they got there), squeeze the trigger. Anyone else that complains of skill and whatnot and insist the "6 shot" is the only honorable solution, is trying the DA style of play in the MA.
I cant find words to explain how simple-minded your post was.
But just as a reference, the ones thinking like you will never ever get any better. Just saying.
AoM
City of ice

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »
I agree with Debrody, if you think you should HO every pass you won't get much further than 2 kills per sortie and lucky to land.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »
If you go for a HO shot, you are forfeiting the first turn advantage to your opponent, and I for one will exploit the heck out of this advantage and shoot you from behind in the second turn  :D

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
I cant find words to explain how simple-minded your post was.
But just as a reference, the ones thinking like you will never ever get any better. Just saying.
It's not rocket science dude. If words fail you.... who is the simple-minded one here?

I agree with Debrody, if you think you should HO every pass you won't get much further than 2 kills per sortie and lucky to land.
I didn't say "HO every pass". Where did you read this?

If you go for a HO shot, you are forfeiting the first turn advantage to your opponent, and I for one will exploit the heck out of this advantage and shoot you from behind in the second turn  :D
If you are in my sights and we are head-on... aren't YOU in a HO attitude also? Everyone says the HO is easy to avoid by a well seasoned and skilled player.... Just Saying.
And besides you dipsticks, I said
"VERY well beaten topic for sure dude. If the red guy is in your sights (REFRICKINGARDLESS of how they got there), squeeze the trigger. Anyone else that complains of skill and whatnot and insist the "6 shot" is the only honorable solution, is trying the DA style of play in the MA."
Where in that post was "HO" EVER mentioned? Get your heads out of your butts and pay attention.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »
Its the train of consequences.
"take every shot" includes the HOs in my book, and since the easyest way to get guns on the opponent is a head on, just used a logical consequence.
My bad for being this stupid.

Edit: i apologize here and now, never meant to call you out. Still, your post was misunderstandable, maybe its my poor english... The head on thingy is one what makes me creep.
And nope i dont ho, unless...  "unless", what a big word...  so unless there are many opponents BnZing me withouth any willing to actually fight.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:54:10 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice