Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7955 times)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
I'm sure I have a  few in my film folder somewhere.

When someone is referring to skill, and claiming 90% of the player base can't do something, I think it is safe to assume you aren't part of that 90%...   ;)
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
Now, if we're talking a dueling ladder match, then not going HO is just good sportsmanship.  But in the MA?  Everything's on the table IMO.
Its the intardnet, only your deeds describe you. If im trying to avoid but you are still spraying, the consequence is taken: you are either lame or not a sportsman. Cheers. This is for the "it takes 2 to ho" ones too.

Btw a high 12 deflection shot is not a ho. Only to avoid the misunderstandings.
AoM
City of ice

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
When someone is referring to skill, and claiming 90% of the player base can't do something, I think it is safe to assume you aren't part of that 90%...   ;)

He's asking for a film of a perfect HOon a buff, and I don't consider myself in the top 10% at buff hunting.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2012, 03:52:18 PM »
He's asking for a film of a perfect HOon a buff, and I don't consider myself in the top 10% at buff hunting.

Unless you climb right up into a buff's low 6 at near stall speeds you probably are indeed in the 10%.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
When someone is referring to skill, and claiming 90% of the player base can't do something, I think it is safe to assume you aren't part of that 90%...   ;)

Your deductive skills are amazing.

I am in the 90%.

I don't know how you figured out the mystery.

You should appear on jeopardy.

Or you somehow gleaned it from my earlier post that stated the obvious.

It wasn't so much a challenge but I sure have trouble making a dead on HO attack on a plane not also trying to do the same.

When you have a fight that features you trying to reverse many times to get six and your opponent reverses the same amount to maintain HO at the merge, then you can complain about HO.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:45:25 PM by icepac »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »
Its the intardnet, only your deeds describe you. If im trying to avoid but you are still spraying, the consequence is taken: you are either lame or not a sportsman.

Your deeds describe you as well:  Easy target.

It's a game after all.  Shooting someone HO in Aces High is not a reflection of moral character, nor was it ever.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »
Your deeds describe you as well:  Easy target.
Heh take a try. Maybe i am not a über stick but not exactly an easy target either.

Look if someone shows no sportsmanship, why should i expect he is a sportsman?
Anyway, go, ho everyone if you want to, its none of my business so i shoulda stfu.
AoM
City of ice

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2012, 10:00:26 AM »
Your deductive skills are amazing.

I am in the 90%.

I don't know how you figured out the mystery.

You should appear on jeopardy.

Or you somehow gleaned it from my earlier post that stated the obvious.

Let's assume, for a moment, that the above statement was direct at you (which, by way of deductive reasoning, we can rule out - since I directly quoted Dolby)...

Okay, now that we are assuming, I still don't see where you could possibly perceive a slight against your skill(s) in what I wrote...

All misunderstanding aside, I do appreciate that you value my deductive skills.

I know that February is still a ways off... but let's be friends!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »
Heh take a try. Maybe i am not a über stick but not exactly an easy target either.

Maybe not, but you limit yourself by removing options and making yourself predictable.

And a willingness to take a HO shot should it present itself isn't the same as being a HO-crazed maniac.  I point you here, fine sir.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
I agree with Levi....especially when it comes to the MA....the HO shot keeps the fight honest......

there is a place for your way of thinking Debrody in the DA/dogfighters Ladder....but in a sandbox like the MA..in FSO......the HO is a must have.....and sometimes it is your best "attack"  IE 110 vs zero...190 vs zero.......and so forth.

if 2 are knife fighting and one gets his nose around a bit quicker and takes the shot, it is a perfectly legit shot......

you know I understand about Honor Debrody..... and I wish everyone flew with Honor......but even then the HO/front shot is a part of fighting......just like how it was in the DA when I first got here...people would fly straight at and past each other in a duel and not maneuver until past each other...that is an absurd way to fight....a duel is still a fight and you want to kill the "bad guy"....long before I get to the nme I am setting up to interact/merge as close to a front shot while still denying them a shot .....so flying straight at someone with no maneuvers before the merge is a good way to get shot in the face.....and deservedly so....IMO

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:17 AM »
Call me predictable, or even stupid, i refuse to take those shots as it is against everything i stood for.
I am not expecting anyone to deal with me in the same way, but if you face me, you know what i will not do. Possibly i lost quite a few kills due to not shooting someones face but i am happyer this way.
AoM
City of ice

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
"Honor" what a load of gibberish :old:

Flippen clowns :rofl

Cartoon planes :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
Honor is in everything we as Humans do.... AH is a Game....so is Chess....yet people play Chess with Honor right? why is AH any different....it is NOT

if you don't see why Honor is as important in AH as any other "game" or "activity"....well then you have no clue what Honor is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2012, 11:23:46 AM »
I am vexed by HO'ing.

I don't want to do it because it takes little skill or effort.  Yet, everytime I am presented with the chance and do not squeeze the trigger I get my face shot off.   :bhead

I keep telling myself I'm just gonna start ho'ing everything that points at me, but I'm too stupid to follow my own advice.  :headscratch:

As a noob, I am a victim to the ho'ing monster all of you created. :old:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
I am vexed by HO'ing.

I don't want to do it because it takes little skill or effort.  Yet, everytime I am presented with the chance and do not squeeze the trigger I get my face shot off.   :bhead

I keep telling myself I'm just gonna start ho'ing everything that points at me, but I'm too stupid to follow my own advice.  :headscratch:

As a noob, I am a victim to the ho'ing monster all of you created. :old:

Same, when that happens, depending on my mood, I either let off a line on 200 and move on (oh wells :)), shrug it off and chuckle, or play something else more fun. Came back after a 2-3 months break, had my fix for a few days, now it's time for another break.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp