Author Topic: Fight Review - Fugitive's Fight  (Read 705 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Fight Review - Fugitive's Fight
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »
Here's it is! My attempt at trying to teach ACM. Can you experts and trainers take a look at this and tell me if I'm explaining the right things, or was I just talking a load of crap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw1_iHPS34A

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
Re: Fight Review - Fugitive's Fight
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
Well done Latrobe. I am not an expert stick so I cannot comment on your content, but I enjoyed the walk through of what he did right and what he needs to work on in game.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »
Thank you! and well done.

I like the way you broke down the fight and went through it step by step. Yes my aim is horrible and always has been. I just don't have the time to invest in getting better at it as PRACTICE is the best thing for getting a good aim. I will try to keep in mind the earlier moves to get better separation. That make sense and I can see where it would help in the long run of an E fight.

Thanks again. I hope you do more of these as I think it can help other to see how these things all fit together in making a fighter.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 04:45:55 AM »
Good stuff Latrobe. I like how ya threw the diagrams in there to help viewers visualise your points. I am sure this kind of work will be helpfull to aspiring virtual aces. :aok
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:47:41 AM by pipz »
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:18 AM »
Awesome work, excellent explanation of what to do and not do   :salute

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
Nice work.   :aok
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Great review - learned alot!

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »
I used to have that problem fugitive of moving the stick to much when I pulled the trigger. I mapped a different button for fire all guns and it helped with smoothing out my aim when it came time to shoot.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »
It seems this was a lot of help to some people, so I'm going to do my best to keep doing these. I even got someone to help me out with the things I don't know (I'm still learning myself  ;) ).

If you have a fight that you'd like reviewed then send it to latrobeah2@gmail.com

If it's an ahfilm, then send your head positions as well (found in your Aces High Folder> settings> planes)

If it's avi, or mpeg, or something else from a recording device (like Fraps) then the head positions won't be necessary. (send the ahfilm if you have that as well so I can use external views and flight paths to show stuff if needed)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 07:27:04 AM »
Go to films needed and download the 109E outnumbered film of mine. It'll give you a heart attack dissecting that  :lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »
You could do our fights in WW1 the other night, or we could just say I should check my 6 and not fly into trees so much and move on  :D
AMAX  in game