Author Topic: Beta 6 issues and bug reporting  (Read 6539 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 6 issues and bug reporting
« on: February 19, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
New version up!

Please post all bugs/issues for Beta 6 in this thread.  Thank you!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 6 issues and bug reporting
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:13:09 PM »
Updated okay.

Every thing disabled, in the Tower 104 FPS, in the air 124 FPS.
As I was disabling everything, screen went through a strange "stutter", like the gamma was bouncing between 2 different settings.

Spawned an M18 from A59 to the SE spawn, right into the middle of some trees, when I tried to move, tank flipped upside down. However I could still maneuver forwards, backwards and turn where ever I wanted;

28531,208,-419,175.2,-6.4,-36.4
craterma
FOV = 73.5

Also had some strange "errors" on the text screen, see attached screen shot.

Man the trees in TT are wicked  :t
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »
The blue screen is still with us when Shadows and Post lighting are both NOT disabled. Disabling either one will bring the game back.

JPG attached

Otherwise, the download went fine.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
The 20 mm's on the N1k2 will not shoot down an airplane and will not put holes in the target you can bring up. The bullets are not registering hits.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 06:06:03 PM »
I checked again and none of the planes will shoot down anything. :headscratch:

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 06:08:17 PM »
Downloaded, and installed with no issues.
I still lose the engine sound in the corsair if I let the left wing tank run dry, but not always when the tank runs dry. I did get the sound back on engine restart, but then lost it. Every time I lose the sound I get an "Event/default/RadialProp/Internal/Engine is not stopping after timeout".
Tried to launch a corsair from a cv. Instantly fell through the deck and crash, and end up back in the tower.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 07:16:35 PM »
Now I have to rethink the terrain tiles. Cross country driving without roads is almost impossible due to how thick some of the trees are set on some of the tiles. I'll get it worked out. The terrain is much more vibrantly green at least.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 08:24:35 PM »
The 88mm manned positions are not selectable. You get this in the hanger and the large text will not highlight for selection.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 08:49:32 PM »
Now I have to rethink the terrain tiles. Cross country driving without roads is almost impossible due to how thick some of the trees are set on some of the tiles. I'll get it worked out. The terrain is much more vibrantly green at least.
I love those tree tiles. The terrain looks very realistic and once we have the roads, things will be very interesting in the 'Events' arenas. As you suggest though, more work for the terrain builders.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 09:24:20 PM »
Jaeger added a cloud file in the AvA tonight. He could see cloud shadows moving along the ground but I couldn't.

We think it has something to do with my need to click either Disable Shadows or Disable Post Lighting as posted a few replies above this.

We both also received the sound problem debug message about tanks (sorry I didn't copy it, I didn't know I wouldn't be able to reproduce it by myself later.) He was in a Panzer 4 F or H and I was in a T34 76 as enabled in the arena. When there is only one of us online, I had no message so I suppose the message was due to the other player's vehicle.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 09:28:37 PM »
Download seemed to work fine, but at the end I received this message:

"patch failed for the following files:  C:\Hitech Creations \Aces High Alpha Game \ahskview.exe

Went back to the desktop after that, no "would you like to start AH now" or anything like that.  But when I double-clicked the Alpha/Beta icon, the game booted fine and I was able to fly around and land without unusual experiences.

- oldman

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 09:42:59 PM »
The more normal sized trees certainly give a much more natural look for the terrain especially around anything man made and at altitude.

Nice. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »
Updated Beta 005 to 006 w\o issue..........took over 2 1\2 hrs to download........

Ran FPS test as per instructions.....in tower w\ clipboard minimized 213 FPS.

:salute

PS---Just flew around some....cloud shadow flickering still present...........

:salute
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:28:26 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »
Game locking up on exit. Have to close it with the Task Manager.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 02:12:05 AM »
Beta 6 doesn't like me.  Downloaded but didn't do anything, ie just showed standard Beta 5 selection screen.  Exited and looked for update exe; was none.  Ran Beta 5 again and it said do you want to continue your download, yes, then began to install as normal.  (Maybe my ISP decided to take a nap at an inopportune time.) 

CraterMA online A1 test conditions frame rate: 125 (i.e. same as Beta 5).

At first I got a bunch of artifacts like grey boxes or windows in the sky, thousands of tiny flashing grey boxes on the ground in fields surrounding ports, flickering every 6 seconds, but after restarting a few times they went away.  (Maybe my graphics card is going south for the winter.)

Several times I was unable to exit, screen just stays there but mouse acts like it's accessing underlying desktop.  Had to reboot or use task manager to kill.

On my system, in a tank, while zoomed into the now dense forests of CraterMA tank town my frame rate falls to as low as 6.

E8400 @ 3GHz, 8GB RAM, 2GB HD7870, XP 32bit, 1920x1080, 4K textures, stnd FOV.