Author Topic: CTD with DMP testing paths.  (Read 741 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
CTD with DMP testing paths.
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »
I was testing rail tracks to strat on a test terrain and manually moving the tracks into position after choosing create all tracks. I copied the start distance gap from the edge of an object when I moved the beginning of the track to another location along the edge of the strat object. And made sure the track was total 10 miles long how ever I ran the path. I setup all the strats and the city for Country-1 correctly. For each track to a strat I picked the correct resource type name for the strat, the rest was auto populated. The roads to two air fields on this test terrain were setup when the path tool was first enabled and the convoys ran on time back then during my tests. And so did my first test with tracks to a strat. All the fields and Flak bases and strat are Country-1.

When I would wait ten minutes for the first train to spawn onto the tracks, nothing happened. Then when I would exit from offline to re-check my paths setup properties and anything else I could think of the game would freeze. I had to CtrlAltDel for the task manager at which point the CTD error would popup and a DMP file was generated. I repeated this three times in case it was an anomaly.

Attached is the last DMP file.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: CTD with DMP testing paths.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:24 PM »
Same problem as Bustr except without the CTD. Previous testing with a river to a single field on a test terrain allowed barges to run offline in the game. However after populating my MA terrain and redirecting a few dozen roads, rails and rivers to match the terrain now no barges, trucks or trains will run. I have also set up a few vis-only roads on this terrain which may or may not be relevent.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:59 PM »
My current terrain I have to keep moving forward because it has 28 vis only rivers for bridges. I'm three in and committed with my first 3 bridges.

That mask is realllyyyy an irritating feature for being able to adjust small changes frequently while I work something out while checking it offline. Offline in a tank when building micro hill terrain is much different than in the terrain editor trying to imagine being in a tank. Same for getting the right balance of trees to open areas to work out. That is why I have a basic three types of micro terrain off the spawn in a 3 mile radius to one side of the feilds now. I cannot incur 6 months having to wait on the 10-15 minute run of the mask to look at small adjustments for 69 feilds with GV spawns. Wire frame mode is actually too course to see the micro hills well enough to tweak them. I'm getting good at using the 660ft brush and the Y-axis to feel the ground with the lowest elevation on the brush for the base of the hills. You would think a 3 mile wide arc would be simple to texture that small...yes and no, it's the need for trees in places the clutter pattern won't accommodate. I'm trying to balance the ability to cover three miles with the need to see and shoot things then fade off to a side behind trees or a small hill blocking a sniper's view at speed. Derp... :rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 01:38:56 AM »
I admire your dedication Bustr but I get very little time to work on the terrain so can't go to those lengths myself, once the spawn route is laid out I just visit it offline to make sure there are no glaring errors like huge elevation changes.

I'm going to do a little testing to try and nail down exactly what is causing this problem and will then halt work on my terrain until it is fixed. I don't think its likely but there is always the chance HT will fix the bug then say "sorry but you've got to hit create all again and start the roads from scratch".

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:36:43 AM »
I don't think the problem has anything to do with vis-only roads. I did a create all on my test terrain and with no vis-only roads there were still no trains etc running. Then I deleted all roads, added a single road supplying an airfield and built the terrain again, still no trucks running after 10 mins. Finally I converted this road to a river, but still no barges. I think something has changed in one of the game updates released between when I first tested the road system and saw barges offline and now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »
I tested a single HQ with a single straight track and no train spawned but, that test terrain did not CTD on exit. Either a bug or Hitech only enabled seeing the convoy\train\barge spawn and run when he knew we would first test it and give him feedback. Now to see them, maybe the terrain has to be running in the MA.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »
Please post the terrain causing the issue so i can duplicate it.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »
This is the res file and will run offline. I you need the whole project package I'll zip that and make it available from my goodle drive.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 02:44:53 AM »
I have uploaded my MA terrain res and source files to the skinners/Greebo/terrains folder on the FTP server. The strat objects as well as fields A1-A9 and P10-P32 have already had their routes edited, the rest are still as the create all button laid them out.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 09:53:48 AM »
CTD On exit fixed.
Stuff is moving again on roads/rivers and tracks.

Both bugs fixed for next patch.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
Thank you.

When you say stuff, is one stuff the 50ft tall river bank at 1000yds?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing