Author Topic: Saitek button assignment  (Read 455 times)

Offline Jakemeister

• Zinc Member
Saitek button assignment
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:49:57 PM »
I have been using a Saitek x52 in AH on Vista platform for almost a year now with relatively no problem. I don't know if this is a bug or not but I now tried it 3 times, each time re-installing AH to make sure it was from scratch. When assigning buttons, I have tried to assign the Saitek 'C' button, (I believe in the AH control settings it's the button 4. I chose 'Move head up'. Subsequently, the button and the page up/down, and arrow keys freeze. In addition, I end up with a view outside on the roof in the back of the Tower. Hitting the 'Home" key only flashes a a quick view of inside the Tower but doesn't permanently get me back there. I've tried every combo of key strokes to get back but have been unable to. Seems like only recourse is to re-install.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Saitek button assignment
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:02:32 AM »
Have you tried the same thing except with a different button on the X-52 such as the B button?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Saitek button assignment
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:11:44 AM »
Sounds to me you might have two things mapped to the C . Your saying you have "views/look up" mapped to it right? In the game? Do you have SST software running? Or are you saying you have the page up/down command mapped to it? If its page up then how do you page down? I know I have those mapped on my throttle hat-3 up/down in SST with no problems. I dont think this is a game software issue so reinstalling AH isnt going to help.

The Saitek products can be a little tempermental about mapping. With mine I only use the AH mapping for hat-1 views and throttle stick commands. Everything else I map out in SST.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"