Author Topic: P-38 Ruddrers  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
P-38 Ruddrers
« on: March 30, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
I took of to hard one day in my P-38 and lost both my rudders and Stabilizers. i land and without pushing on the breaks I turn my stick (twisty rudder Joystick) and The plane moves.  :huh.

I turn it left and right and Even though my rudders are gone the plane continues to move in the direction I twist my Joystick.  :huh

Any help?  :)

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline Marshal

• Nickel Member
Re: P-38 Ruddrers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but with my past experience with aircraft ( not any WWII aircraft) the rudder pedals are also connected to the landing gear. If you are on the ground the "rudder" is not what is allowing you to turn your plane, but the landing gear turns the plane like you would your car. The aircraft I am familiar with the nose wheel would actually turn so the pilot could taxi on the ground. Unless his landing gear was damaged he could still use the rudder pedals to taxi on the ground even if his rudder was shot off.
 :salute

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »
Marshal got it right. Some of the newer planes have it modeled so you can see the nose wheel turn, but I think the since the P38 model is old it wasn't built in to it.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »
Actually the P-38 didnt have a mechanically controled nose wheel.  You would use differential power and braking to steer.

As far as the game, I assume since the taxiing control model has no effect on combat, they went with a generic one for all planes.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »
Bingo, we have a winner!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
Actually the P-38 didnt have a mechanically controled nose wheel.  You would use differential power and braking to steer.

As far as the game, I assume since the taxiing control model has no effect on combat, they went with a generic one for all planes.
So I should snap the tips of my wings off landing, for realistic effect?  Will do. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 11:48:36 AM »

Either way it didn't need rudders to manuver on the ground :) which I believe was the question
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »
  Hitech has ordered me to remind people that AHII is not a Simulation. It is a WWII GAME. Therefor no simulation of aircraft has been attempted. Enjoy the Game! Enjoy your P-38 gamepiece!  :D
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25:39 PM »
which I believe was the question

It wasn't a question, it was a bug report.  The answer was, it's not a bug.  It functions in the game as designed.

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »
It wasn't a question, it was a bug report.  The answer was, it's not a bug.  It functions in the game as designed.
then dont you think this thread should have been under uh...AH2 BUG REPORTS...just a thought :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 03:00:10 PM »
then dont you think this thread should have been under uh...AH2 BUG REPORTS...just a thought :D

It was, then Skuzzy moved it here.... pay attention  :aok

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »
  Hitech has ordered me to remind people that AHII is not a Simulation. It is a WWII GAME. Therefor no simulation of aircraft has been attempted. Enjoy the Game! Enjoy your P-38 gamepiece!  :D

He does say that a lot, that is a game not a simulation, however, if you have ever caught the TV ad on the History Channel, the ad states that it's a "simulation".  Should we all be asking for our money back, false advertising and all.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »

Actually the line is that this is not a war simulation.  This is a combat simulator between accurately modeled aircraft and vehicles.

And please do not tell me AH is war, because it is not, it is a War game. And games are ment to be fun and fair. While war is not ment to be either fair or fun.
We make a game around WWII planes and vehicles. We do not try to simulate WWII.  Where does our banner in anyway contradict what I have said. In fact we choose those words very precisly to not give the impression we were a simulation of WWII.

Other wise instead of saying the Preimer WWII combat experiance, we would have said the Preiemer WWII simlation.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 03:49:45 PM »
Actually the line is that this is not a war simulation.  This is a combat simulator between accurately modeled aircraft and vehicles.

if you just play the ad, it's on the home page, it say's "Combat Simulation"   I didn't hear any thing stated that it is not a war simulation.  To be consistent should the ad's use of the word "simulation" be changed to "game".  Not sure there is a distinction between Combat and War, although war is a political statement and combat is a military action, but I have never heard any of the TV advertising refer to AHII  as a game.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
  Not sure there is a distinction between Combat and War

There is a huge one, and a combat simulation is a totally different thing than a war simulation.
For being a war simulation AH would have to add:

- a political level
- limited resources and a kind of economical system
- some sort of diplomacy
- espionage... oh, wait, already there ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:55:38 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman