Author Topic: Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar  (Read 2795 times)

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.barnstormer1.com
Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
I'd like to see us C-47 drivers be able to select an option where we are invisible to friendly radar when below normal radar coverage heights or (if that's tough to implement) at all times. Why? For the past couple of months on squad night when we fly against one unnamed country (it doesn't happen against the other) our C-47s that have landed early and are in hiding are methodically picked off by fighters. Sometimes they are located quite a distance from the action. What is disturbing is that the fighters fly directly to our landed and somewhat concealed C-47s without any prior hunting around. This is now the norm rather than the exception when flying against this one country on squad nights.

The obvious explanation for what is happening is that someone has two computers at their house and one of their computers is set to Aces High in my country. The guy with two computers then gives headings for his countrymen to attack targets that are registering on one radar screen but not the other. Stationary targets are a sure giveaway for C-47s. Someone is gaming the game and a modification to the Aces High program will remove this cheat.
Papafox

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
Re: Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
 :noid
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
Yeah...  :noid Bout' sums it up...

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:45:01 PM »
Ummm....wow.  HTC sells the invisibility/cloaking feature through mail-order disks. :bolt:

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »
Sounds to me like you need to change your tactics.  Bringing your frustration here in this manner will get you nowhere.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
Most of the "hiding spots" are known.   If I see a base blinking and up, I'll search "Random patterns" per se and see if I can find anything.   

Easiest thing for you to do is write down the names of folks "killing the goon".   Search what squad and if the same squadron keeps showing up, well.....

But my guess is this is nothing more than being in the wrong place, at the wrong time.     
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
without any prior hunting around.

How do you know this? 

I remember a couple months back we were trying to get our CV back after recapturing our port.  I believe there were 4 or 5 of us spread out, each taking about a sector line looking for it.  Well one guy found it and sunk it, he then received a PM from a enemy pilot, who got shot down by his bombers, accusing him of cheating because he knew where the CV was.  Psh, you didn't have a problem with the 4 other planes flying along your coast!  :lol

If you really think there is a member, squad, or apparently a whole country conspiracy to shoot down your goon, record the names and squads as someone else suggested.  If you find something, report it to HTC, not us.  However, when I go goon hunting, I usually look at the map and try to think, "where would I hide" and try that route, not cheating, just thinking.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »
Only the Klingons & Romulans have cloaking capability.  Let's leave it that way...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »
Anyone with a brain can guess a hiding spot. This is anything near land, a flat stretch of land with little trees, a plateau, etc.  Not saying guys don't use two accounts, however it's not always the case.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
I'm not talking about the fighter that flies an arc around a field, visiting the typical hiding spots. I'm talking about fighters that fly straight to the C-47. We've watched them on radar from half a sector out, beelining towards the parked C-47. If the sim is not modified then we will indeed have to change tactics when flying against this one country. I'd still much prefer to see a tool removed that encourages cheating. None of us are adversely affected by a C-47 that goes invisible on friendly radar.

Offline swift

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
Ummm....wow.  HTC sells the invisibility/cloaking feature through mail-order disks. :bolt:

Changeup

WWII aircraft had a GUI that updated them realtime on all friendly locations?

I don't really get into base taking but really the most harm this could do is the OPs intent. Not an entirely bad idea tbh, would save on some forums threads like this one at least.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked.

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
Jayhawk,
You have a valid point that it's tough to call one particular C-47 or CV kill a cheat. That's why I didn't mention the country involved or any individuals. The hunter may have indeed been using legitimate means. What is the harm, though, of allowing a C-47 to go invisible to friendly radar? I think this feature would ensure that goon discoveries are done by suitable means.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 05:38:20 PM »
Someone is gaming the game and a modification to the Aces High program will remove this cheat.
Papafox
:headscratch: So parking a C-47 near a base you're trying to capture is not gaming the game?  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

pot meet kettle

You don't want your C-47s found, keep them in the hangar until needed or keep them covered by fighters...or teh spyz is gunna wack em.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »
:headscratch: So parking a C-47 near a base you're trying to capture is not gaming the game?  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

pot meet kettle

You don't want your C-47s found, keep them in the hangar until needed or keep them covered by fighters...or teh spyz is gunna wack em.

Wapow!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
Gyrene81,
We're primarily a bomber squadron and don't have the luxury of massive fighter cover. An off-airport landing in a C-47 is perfectly legitimate. HiTech even allows the grunts to step off the plane on the ground and run for the bunker. What do you have against allowing C-47s to become invisible to friendly radar? How will that feature detract from your combat sim experience?