Author Topic: CV in Film Viewer Going Wrong Way  (Read 233 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
CV in Film Viewer Going Wrong Way
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:57 PM »
Is there any way to fix this? I think it's been borked forever. I'm trying to make a movie, but having the CV not where it's supposed to be and not going the direction it's supposed to be makes the scene look like nobody knows how to aim a bomb or torpedo.  The footage is from my own ahfilm of my own plane (and others within 1k of me), so it's not net lag while viewing some other guy's plane from my film.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
Re: CV in Film Viewer Going Wrong Way
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:19:58 AM »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Re: CV in Film Viewer Going Wrong Way
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
In the Film Viewer the visible CV "snaps" to the new course and heading when a waypoint is reached.

I think this happens in the game too but the "snapped" CV is not visible and is used as a place holder on where the visible CV is suppose to be.  The visible CV in the game makes a turn, speeds up to catch up to the "snapped" CV, and makes a series of S-turns to position and align itself with the "snapped" CV.  This "snapped" CV may not actually exist and it could be just a moving point marking the CV's progress along the course lines.  The game engine may be responsible for keeping the CV close to this point whereas the Film Viewer just places the CV at that point.  However, in the Film Viewer the ack guns on the CV will fire from their actual positions in the game and will follow the path of the ships as they where in the game.  This leads me to believe that there could actually be a "snapped" CV and there is a visibility issue between the actual CV and the "snapped" CV in the Viewer.

Of course all this is just a theory on my part; but yes, it has been "borked" for sometime.