Author Topic: Will this work for Aces High and gaming on high-ultra?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
Will this work for Aces High and gaming on high-ultra?
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »
Trying to get together a new pc, only have built one a long time ago, and I miss gaming. Wondering if this will work for the next few years with gfx on high-ultra and for aces.

EVGA 01G-P3-1560-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

EVGA 01G-P3-1560-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623i72700K

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

GIGABYTE GA-Z68M-D2H LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Rosewill FUTURE Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case,come with Four Fans-2x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan,1x Top 120mm Fan,1x Rear 120mm Fan,Support up to 7 Fans

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:15:07 PM by nimble »
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
Re: Will this work for Aces High and gaming on high-ultra?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:27:09 PM »
you might want to check your power requirements. Couldn't find your card on new egg but the 1460 variety used 450 watts minimum for the system (150 watt card). 2 cards would be 600. You have little margin with 650 watts

Infidel.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
Aside from the power supply, that should work fine for AH/gaming Nimble. Does this mean your making a return? :x

Hope to see you up fella, been too long.......

:salute

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130634

Card link for new egg, so I may need to get a bigger power supply for two?
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
Aside from the power supply, that should work fine for AH/gaming Nimble. Does this mean your making a return? :x

Hope to see you up fella, been too long.......

:salute

Wurz

LoL yup, once I hit confirm on the order and put it together I'll be flying again, just want to make sure I get all the right stuff in one shot :)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
I'd get a bigger power supply - 170w for 1 card - 650 overall might be a tad small (plus bigger gives you an upgrade path later if required)

Wurz (I look forward to winging/killing/dying with/to you soon  :D)
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
I'd get a bigger power supply - 170w for 1 card - 650 overall might be a tad small (plus bigger gives you an upgrade path later if required)

Wurz (I look forward to winging/killing/dying with/to you soon  :D)

Sounds awesome :) Got a 850w power supply silver rated or something now, so I guess it's time to order. Hopefully I'll be back up in the sky by friday! :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
wouldn't touch a rosewill power supply with a 50 ft pole, but that's just me.

you're going to want a minimum 750 watt, single +12v leg with at least 38 amps output, and 2 6pin connectors...or 4 spare 4 pin connectors to use with the adaptors.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 05:17:23 PM »
Dude, this should play most other games on high, if not with all settings maxed out.

To test, start up world of tanks, and see how it runs that. My system that gets 30-40 fps in Aces High with mid-level settings will only get 5-6 FPS on World of Tanks with minumum settings.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 05:25:17 PM »
PSU looks short, otherwise that machine should kick
AoM
City of ice

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies all, everything is ordered with a big power supply, catch you in the skies this weekend, in shades for the first couple week haha :)  :salute

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »
Dude, this should play most other games on high, if not with all settings maxed out.

To test, start up world of tanks, and see how it runs that. My system that gets 30-40 fps in Aces High with mid-level settings will only get 5-6 FPS on World of Tanks with minumum settings.

Dude WoT is not graphics intensive...
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
Not really graphics intensive, but its terrible with a bad machine. If it runs OK on WoT, then it will at least run OK with AH.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »
Dude WoT is not graphics intensive...

If it can play Crysis/Crysis 2/Far Cry/Metro 2033/Battlefield 3 on max settings, I don't think you would have to worry about updating anything for a couple of years.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »
wouldn't touch a rosewill power supply with a 50 ft pole, but that's just me.

It is not just you.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.