Author Topic: stuck in F3  (Read 860 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
stuck in F3
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »
This morning while in climb out in B29s I switched to F3 mode, I was unable to leave F3 mode.  I tried F1,F4,F6,1,2,3,4,5,and 6 no help.  None of the keys seem to work /would not bring up radio bar alt F4 would not work.  On landing I could not and sortie using clipboard.  I went to training area and everything seemed to work fine any suggestions?
AkCaine

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: stuck in F3
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »
What about after you closed and restarted Ace High? I assume the dot command 'ef' did work?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »
It sounds as if your comp took keyboard focus off the game and put it in another program somewhere.  Don't know what program.  I know Apple puts out an extremely annoying updater that pops up and steals focus.

- sudz

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
It sounds as if your comp took keyboard focus off the game and put it in another program somewhere.  Don't know what program.  I know Apple puts out an extremely annoying updater that pops up and steals focus.

- sudz

I use a Mac, running AH on Windows dual boot.  Sometimes the MAC settings for the F keys (F1 decreases brightness, F2 increases it) seem to over-ride the Windows ones.  I find on these occasions I need to do 'fn-F1' to get inside view again - then hit F2 a few times to get the brightness back up!  :)  Bit annoying but I tend to accept it as just one of those things.  Don't know if this is a similar problem.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »
I have a keyboard that had multiple crap (which I don't use) tied to the function keys. To use them as "Function Keys", I have to make sure the "F-Lock" key is active. If I bump that key or if a hard PC crash or power outage resets the keyboard, I sometimes forget to engage the "F-Lock" key and it takes me a while to figure out why I can't do certain things in the game.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals