Author Topic: PLEASE Fix the GV doggin' out in 1st Gear I BEG YOU  (Read 837 times)

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
PLEASE Fix the GV doggin' out in 1st Gear I BEG YOU
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »
Since the last two updates -- when I get into a gv--and even MORE messed up--gv perk rides where it takes twisting the joystick, sometimes for even a minute or two to get to a higher gear.

A good number of my being killed each tour in the last couple of months has b een being bomb****ed because I spawn out of the vh spawn hangar at a speed slower than an inch worm.  It's a MAJOR problem for anyone who does gv regularly.  Twisting the twisty stick helps --  but sometimes far too late to not get bomb****ed.

Enough is enough folks.  I cannot even remotely keep paying for a game where game glitches caused me to get killedc more    anything.  Check my score.  I get bomb****ed killed  than any other way to kill me. 

Why:  Normally I tower than  give up a free kill to a bomb****. 

Normally I live to get out and get kills in my wirb...and panther, and high price  gvs..but when it takes a minute or two to get my gv into second gear -- even with moving my stick in anyway possible to get it to get into higher gears.

PLEASE rfix this bug/glitch.

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: PLEASE Fix the GV doggin' out in 1st Gear I BEG YOU
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:48:02 AM »
How have you mapped your joystick to GV's? I have foot pedals that I steer from.  If I am slightly touching one pedal more than the other I will be in a crawl until I get them even again & off I will go quickly & changing gears once more.
Wonder if it is similar to your situation with a twist stick?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:50:27 AM »
It's not a bug or a glitch. By adding rudder/turn using the twist stick or the pedals it is how you can stay in which ever gear your in. To accelerate as fast as the GV can, just go in a strait line. DON'T TURN.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
Some times when first starting up from spawning I can,t get out of first gear with my feet not touching the pedals. If I give the pedals a kick it starts changing gears. Maybe you need more of a dead zone on the twisty or take that axis out of the settings and use the keys.
Pies not kicks.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
More dead zone and a well placed mapping of the full throttle key, should help,,,, if your turning, you will be slow till you stop turning,,, also,, if the f is on your screens right hand side of the circle,, it's at full throttle ,, if not,, push the full throttle button
I've got mine mapped to my WEP in Flight button
Twisting the stick while stoped will make your tank walk slowly, and just keep doing so,, so ,make sure your in full throttle mode by checking for the F
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
You all should have a keyboard. Just use the damn thing.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:11:35 AM »
Rox, as others have said, GV's won't shift if you are turning even the slightest bit.  Sure, HTC could change that, but it's not looking like it will happen.  Until it does, if it ever does, figure out which way your controls are telling the GV to turn, and counter a little bit to stop that from happening. 

Example: When my controls get a little out of calibration, I have noticed I have to turn my control a wee bit to the left to get a GV to come out of first.  In my case it's a calibration thing, in your case it might be a controller spike, or a deadband issue. 

I hope that helped...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »
ummmm..... yes this needs to be fixed. This issue has been around since the gv's were given automatic transmissions. The issue is a gv will NOT up shift if your stick is NOT calibrated perfectly. To fix the shift issue I can either let the gv ride for about a minute in 1st or start the calibrate stick feature. After starting the calibrate stick feature the gv will immediately...immediately...i mmediately up shift.

I am pretty sure some gv's in WWII did NOT have a steering governor that prevents up shifting gears when the steering wheel is NOT within 1 micrometer of the center position. Yes, I am being sarcastic here.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:46:50 AM by smoe »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
ummmm..... yes this needs to be fixed. This issue has been around since the gv's were given automatic transmissions. The issue is a gv will NOT up shift if your stick is NOT calibrated perfectly. To fix the shift issue I can either let the gv ride for about a minute in 1st or start the calibrate stick feature. After starting the calibrate stick feature the gv will immediately...immediately...i mmediately up shift.

I am pretty sure some gv's in WWII did NOT have a steering governor that prevents up shifting gears when the steering wheel is NOT within 1 micrometer of the center position. Yes, I am being sarcastic here.

Calibrate your stick more often or add some dead band to it and it's fixed!

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 10:00:19 AM »
Calibrate your stick more often or add some dead band to it and it's fixed!

Ok, will do, but first I'll need to check and see what the driver's set their dead zones to in WWII gv's. :bolt:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 10:58:45 AM »
Ok, will do, but first I'll need to check and see what the driver's set their dead zones to in WWII gv's. :bolt:

as this is a game and NOT real WWII tanks my guess is that that information would be irrelevant  :D

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »
Been having the same problem the past week. Funny thing is I have had things set up the same since the new GV system came out now all of a sudden can't get over 5 mph. Calibrating  fixes it. It's either the x or y axis.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:08 AM »
Most of these issues are gong to be due to errant inputs from the stick.  Make sure to adjust deadband on an axis which is showing spiking.

If you are having to recalibrate all the time, then consider getting an externally powered USB hub, as this type of issue is usually due to the USB bus being reset due high load conditions on the bus.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 06:52:31 AM »
Most of these issues are gong to be due to errant inputs from the stick.  Make sure to adjust deadband on an axis which is showing spiking.

If you are having to recalibrate all the time, then consider getting an externally powered USB hub, as this type of issue is usually due to the USB bus being reset due high load conditions on the bus.
Skuzzy, is there a specific reason for the limitation other than some sort of realism?  I have a powered usb hub, I have worked with the deadband, and recalibrated yet still have to employ a "work around" to get a GV to come out of first.  Sure the work around works, but a small change to allow the upshift to occur even if slightly turning would improve the user experience it appears.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org