Author Topic: Im beyond sick of the abuse by moderators  (Read 6099 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Im beyond sick of the abuse by moderators
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »
I'm going with this. As this has happened to me before. Wish they would take that feature away. But it is what it is

That would be a valid accusation of abuse of power...and well...plain ole ghey on part of the mod if things like that happened.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »
IBTL.  :bolt:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »
I've played for years and have never seen an instance of a mod abusing their power.  May happen, just never ran into it.  I have seen guys get mass reported by other players and get auto muted.  Sometimes valid, sometimes not, but no mod involved that I know of.
I am reporting Aspen the next time I log in. :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »
First off you should have just sent a note to HTC and they would sort it out. If a mistake was made they will clear it up for you. If on the other hand like so many of these rants seem to turn into, and Skuzzy post the logs of what you said and why you were muted will you be sending them an extra months payment with an apology for this little tantrum?  :devil

Its nice to see your response to a legitimate complaint is nothing but a rude and baseless bunch of drivel that is only a dig at me. Labeling it with the terms "rants" and "tantrum" only speak to your lack of class or petty nature. Troll elsewhere, I have no time for pathetic jerry springer types such as you.

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
One person reporting wouldn't get a mute though, and the only run in I ever had with a real life Mod(as opposed to the auto filter) they gave me warning before any mute.  Did you by chance kill anyone from a large squad that's easily butt hurt shortly before your mute?

I will have to look at who I killed that sortie, one of them was within a minute or two of getting muted.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »
I am reporting Aspen the next time I log in. :D

That would be cool.  Then I would have some street cred!
AMAX  in game

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 09:02:08 PM »
As has been stated repeatedly by HTC, this is best handled by phone or email.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:43 PM »
Happened to me for saying oh my god 3 times in a row yesterday 20 mins for me
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »
As has been stated repeatedly by HTC, this is best handled by phone or email.

As has been stated by many an angry customer it would be nice to know why and for what they have been banned, I am hardly alone in getting muted for no reason and with no explanation given yet it continues to happen. I will be sure to get on the phone with hitech 1st thing tomorrow morning and deal with this, I posted this in the forums for all of us players who have been unfairly treated by the moderators to see that yet another one of us has been screwed out of a service we pay for with no warning or oversight and that nothing has changed in how the moderators are allowed to operate, which is absurd and bad business on hitechs part as well as a main reason for the steady decline of long term customers cancelling their subscriptions and taking their money elsewhere.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 09:21:54 PM »
I feel as if you are so intrigued to tell us this you haven't read the rules.  :P
Top Gun

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 09:25:17 PM »
I like the idea of a mandatory warning shot.  considering the handcuffed and debilitating nature of being muted, the punishment must fit the crime, and a non malicious misunderstanding is not good reason for a immediate timeout.  If the defendant continues his actions despite the warning, mute, no questions.

One should be aware that we are not far from making a mistake and putting banned vocabulary out through the text channels, and error could happen in transmission, therefore speaking foul runs its own risks.  If a mod found blatant cussing, as you said you did, you very well could get the severe insta mute you got.

The hard part is you need to waste the rest of your night upset while you wait for regular bussines hours to file your complaint with the people that matter.

:salute
I still feel good about being your fodder today.  :D

:airplane:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:29:33 PM by NatCigg »

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
I got a 1 week ban from forums when I questioned the moderators... So prepare :(

I agree though, have also bin muted before.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
I got a 1 week ban from forums when I questioned the moderators... So prepare :(

I agree though, have also bin muted before.

why would you question a mod?   :confused:

if you poke a bear what do think will happen?   :headscratch:

being socially tactful has its advantages.  :old:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »
I looked at all the film, in the last 6 minutes of it I kill 2 of DaddyO's b24s and another bish kills his third. I then call a check to the other bish as a 190 is in on him and I use the fbomb in calling the check once, the 190 collides with him a short while later, in between these instances many expletives are heard on range chat from a variety of players as is the norm, and the bish who was rammed cussed the 190 player and I commented on the lack of skill of the 190 pilot with a 2nd fbomb in my sentence. At this point my squaddie logs on and I am only talking to him on squad vox, roughly 5 minutes after killing the buffs and 4 minutes from my use of the f word twice amidst the norman constant profanity on range my squaddie and I start discussing our low opionion of another player on another team in none too kind words ( this is on squad vox mind you ) and within a minute of our none to kind assessment of said player I am banned...I really see zero grounds for my getting muted other than the 2 swear words I said over range chat which had at least 50 other cusswords over it by players in range and is normal banter, or as I suspect the moderator was listening in to my squad vox discussion of a prominent opponent I had not a kind word for. Regardless, no warning, no reason for the ban given, just switched off by the mod.