Author Topic: troops in map room  (Read 1662 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
troops in map room
« on: November 23, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »
I'm hoping HT can share the info with me, because I've received wildly different info from various players...
Context is that some but not all of your troops enter a map room and the battle for the base rages on.

1) How long will troops stay alive in a map room?
2) Do those troops go away if you up again?
3) Will troops in map room die if strafed, like a pilot hiding in map room will?
4) If town or ack pops while troops are in a map room, do they then die?

I think that's it. Thanks in advance!

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: troops in map room
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
Lusche is currently busy but he will be along shortly

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »

What I believe from experience and info gathered from Veteran players over the years..

1) Troops that safely entered the map room will stay alive until the field is captured , Town ack pops or Town Flag pops.
            2) Common belief is YES. if you up again, your troops no longer count as being in map room. How ever, I personally don't believe this to be the case.
                 I believe once a troop has entered the map room uninjured, that troop counts regaurdless of whatever happens.
            3) NO, straffing maproom has no effect on troops that have already entered. either does bombing it.
            4)  YES, the guns popping resets the maproom.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
I'm hoping HT can share the info with me, because I've received wildly different info from various players...
Context is that some but not all of your troops enter a map room and the battle for the base rages on.

3) Will troops in map room die if strafed, like a pilot hiding in map room will?

I think that's it. Thanks in advance!

troops will stay alive for as long as the person that dropped them hasnt up another plane/gv.  or the ack comes up.  even a single ack will magically kill all the troops even if it isnt shooting at them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »

1) Should be 15 minutes. Troops are just a kind of ordnance 'damaging' the maproom, and all damage to objects stays for half basic (unmodified) downtime.

2) No. Running troops in disappear when you reup, but troops 'in the maproom' don't - because they aren't actually 'in the maproom' at all. They hit and damaged their targets.
Last tour I got my "capture in jeep" achievement by bringing 9 troops to an enemy maproom, then reupping in a jeep to deliver the last trooper.

3) No, because of 2)

4) This one I can't answer with authority, but I would very much guess not because of 2). Haven't tested it yet, though

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:55:53 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 12:51:32 AM »
See now this is what is frustrating about the documentation for this game.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 06:18:46 AM »
Another interesting troop fact.  If you leave a base with troops and that base is captured before you release your troops.  The troops you are carrying belong to the country that captured your home base.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »
Another interesting troop fact.  If you leave a base with troops and that base is captured before you release your troops.  The troops you are carrying belong to the country that captured your home base.

If I am following what you are saying correctly, I disagree with you.
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »
Really? this means you can potentially capture a friendly base :)
Ohhh I'd love to see the "SPIEZ!" cries on 200 when a green C47 drops troops on a white flag and captures the base for the other country  :devil
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:44 AM »
Really? this means you can potentially capture a friendly base :)
Ohhh I'd love to see the "SPIEZ!" cries on 200 when a green C47 drops troops on a white flag and captures the base for the other country  :devil

It happened to our squad.  It was bizarre.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 07:11:18 AM »

I just tested it and could not replicate that. My home base was captured, but the troops I was carrying were still green, and so was the base I captured with them.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »
I just tested it and could not replicate that. My home base was captured, but the troops I was carrying were still green, and so was the base I captured with them.

This happened about a year ago.  Maybe they fixed it.  I think we had it on film.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:45 AM »
This happened about a year ago.  Maybe they fixed it.  I think we had it on film.

I could see this playing out:

Take off with troops for base capture.
Lose base you left from.
Have town at target base go WF.
You let troops out but do not see that a town gun has popped.
At same time defenders, thinking that their own troops will "reset" map room, release troops.
It very well may look like what you just described.

Just an idea.   ;)

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
Idk lusche we had about 5 enemy troops in our port 113s map room and after the enemy airCraft had been eLiMinated I upped a m3 from the vh and released my own troops and they ran all the way to our own map room...then I went to v213 cause I knew it hadn't been attacked and tried to release my own troops there and they didn't run they just vanished..I'm Confused why would friendly troops only run at a base that has had enemy troops enter the map room?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
Idk lusche we had about 5 enemy troops in our port 113s map room and after the enemy airCraft had been eLiMinated I upped a m3 from the vh and released my own troops and they ran all the way to our own map room...then I went to v213 cause I knew it hadn't been attacked and tried to release my own troops there and they didn't run they just vanished..I'm Confused why would friendly troops only run at a base that has had enemy troops enter the map room?

- When troops don't run but instantly vanish it means an auto gun that can reach the maproom is still up.
- Troops always run to the maproom in range, no matter if friendly or not (as long as all auto guns are down) It didn't matter enemy troops where in it, they would have ran to it anyway.