Author Topic: With the new update, what else can we expect?  (Read 5842 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: With the new update, what else can we expect?
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 02:24:05 PM »
  Here's hitech enjoying the waiting game....

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline 230G

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »
 For those of us who don't play consistently or have been gone. What's CT and how was it different?
If you approach from me from my 12:00 you will be unapologetically HO'ed.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 07:32:08 PM »
For those of us who don't play consistently or have been gone. What's CT and how was it different?

http://hitechcreations.com/ct/about.html
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 07:53:33 PM »
Is it against other players? It sounds like it will take away from the main arenas.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
Is it against other players? It sounds like it will take away from the main arenas.

It was meant as an add-on to the main arenas. There was to be missions run from the "server" every couple hours to push toward a common goal. Player could join missions, or fight on the intercept and defense. They were going to add in AI to fill out missions so you could feel like you were in those massive bomber raids of the war. The AI fighters were pretty good. When they first were introduced you couldn't beat them. Luckily they had an adjustablity built in so HTC could dumb them down a bit.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »
It was meant as an add-on to the main arenas. There was to be missions run from the "server" every couple hours to push toward a common goal. Player could join missions, or fight on the intercept and defense. They were going to add in AI to fill out missions so you could feel like you were in those massive bomber raids of the war. The AI fighters were pretty good. When they first were introduced you couldn't beat them. Luckily they had an adjustablity built in so HTC could dumb them down a bit.

And I will spam the bajesus out of staged missions when they become usable!

:devil
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »
The AI fighters were pretty good. When they first were introduced you couldn't beat them. Luckily they had an adjustablity built in so HTC could dumb them down a bit.

My only experience with CT AI fighters was in the AvA where missions were occasionally tried using the remnants of CT.  I found the AI fighters to be impossible to kill (unless they got target fixated) and nearly impossible to escape.  Would that be comparable to before being dumbed down or after?

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »
My only experience with CT AI fighters was in the AvA where missions were occasionally tried using the remnants of CT.  I found the AI fighters to be impossible to kill (unless they got target fixated) and nearly impossible to escape.  Would that be comparable to before being dumbed down or after?

They don't need to be dumbed down... The AI fly sensible in a attempt to get on your 6 and use the plane to it's maximum... They don't do anything fancy or unpredictable... If people want dumbed down easy targets they'll fly in the main arena...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 07:33:49 AM »

They don't need to be dumbed down... The AI fly sensible in a attempt to get on your 6 and use the plane to it's maximum... They don't do anything fancy or unpredictable... If people want dumbed down easy targets they'll fly in the main arena...

The AI should simulate a puppy dog peeing on your lap or wife hitting the back of your head with her rolling pin to give a fair edge to the players.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »

Like i said they are adjustable. It was set up as an arena setting like the ack lethality. So when the guys were running it in the AvA they set it how they liked it. At that time they may have made them a little more toward the "expert" side only to challenge themselves a bit more.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »

apart from their laser aim and above average ACM their SA sucked!   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 12:10:47 AM »
Like i said they are adjustable. It was set up as an arena setting like the ack lethality. So when the guys were running it in the AvA they set it how they liked it. At that time they may have made them a little more toward the "expert" side only to challenge themselves a bit more.

Actually no, there were no difficulty levels to be set. The only thing you could set was distance at which they would engage.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
Just hope they fix the bomber formation drones in staged missions so they perform like the MA formation drones.  Salvo, delay times, guns etc.