Author Topic: 88mm Gun Bug Causing Base Damage  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Nitrous

• Zinc Member
88mm Gun Bug Causing Base Damage
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »
I have been noticing that when the 88mm gun is being fired from a enemy base over the in country base. When this is happening damage is being caused when the round does not detonate over or even close to the base. Base guns blow up VH's & other objects are being destroyed. Is there going to be a fix in the new version?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:18:25 PM by Nitrous »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: 88mm Gun Bug Causing Base Damage
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »
I mentioned this, provided film, and everybody else said the guy firing the gun was actually hitting the acks and buildings when it was totally clear it was flying overheard.

Next time you see it, switch sides and you will find the same person manning the gun I mentioned in my threads.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »
That sounds like lag icepac. Same as when an aircraft shoots you when they don't appear to have the angle.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 06:08:15 PM »
That sounds like lag icepac. Same as when an aircraft shoots you when they don't appear to have the angle.

Ack guns don't move ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:13:58 PM »
Ack guns don't move ;)

Problem described isn't collisions with the gun. Pretty sure the shot moves.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »
Problem described isn't collisions with the gun. Pretty sure the shot moves.

But not the shooter, which is what causes

Same as when an aircraft shoots you when they don't appear to have the angle.

If both planes were stationary, you would never experience the thing you describe.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »
Why do you think it happens to appear as described? I'm not saying it's precisely like different relative positions, just that it sounds like an internet issue not a game bug.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:20:05 PM by FLS »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »
It's a bug.

Next time you see an enemy field within range of your field's 88mm, fire way over the field in AA mode with fuse range set to max.

Fire away while sweeping the gun across the enemy field.

Any gun or destroyable object that the shell flies directly over will be registered as being hit.

If it's an ack, it will blow up.

Now guys who have graphics issues where they can see the enemy field objects through the terrain can easily blow up anything on the field.

I provided the films on an earlier topic a year ago.

If you see it happening, change country to the field where the shells are coming from and you will find Eurastus firing away.

Maybe others are doing it now as well.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 11:44:24 PM »
Roger Icepac I misread you and thought you said other people were seeing something different from you. If it's a bug and you sent film it's likely on the list to be fixed unless they can't reproduce it.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 12:58:38 AM »
I confirmed it by doing it myself after switching sides to get a better look but I don't remember if I filmed that part.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 12:18:21 PM »
Pretty easy to test by going to the offline arena.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Nitrous

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »
IcePac is 100% correct. I have watched this for months going on & HTC needs to fix the problem.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
I watch Erastus a lot on Vbases. He does a lot of what you describe with the M4's rockets and occasionally firing the main gun. I talked to him one night about his accuracy. Offline he figured out a dry eraser markup on his monitor. He didn't mention if he has the ability to see through hills.

If we can kill ack with a rocket from a fighter by simply hitting the ground within 30ft or so to the side. Are we running into how the area programed as hit able is described by the code? The 88 is only a recent addition to the game and 5inch AA shells act like HE on contact when fired at a base.

AH3 seems to be more important getting the code right.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »
Since you can resize the text buffer window you do not have to use dry erasers at all. Especially, with the 88 guns it is just a matter of knowing the range. It is a lot easier to kill the 88s with the M4 HE round than kill any gun with the 88. The problem with the M4's rockets is that they have a wide dispersion, so even if you are using the proper aiming point it will take more rockets than it would from an aircraft, for instance. The fastest way is the Sd.Kfz 251 with the Nebelwerfer 41 rockets, but no one wants to try it often enough to get good with it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
With the 88, you don't have to hit the objects to damage them.......you fire way over them and hits register.

I have plenty of films showing the puffy ack blowing up long after it passed over the target base.

I posted films on the previous thread clearly showing and many here seem unable to see what is right there in front of them.

What eurastus does in a tank is completely different.