Author Topic: probably the wrong forum but......  (Read 2500 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
probably the wrong forum but......
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »
if one were looking at a new computer......everything comes with windoze 10 now. how does ah play with win10? still stupid/easy, or is it wonky?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: probably the wrong forum but......
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »
if one were looking at a new computer......everything comes with windoze 10 now. how does ah play with win10? still stupid/easy, or is it wonky?

Works just fine.

- oldman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:29:18 PM »
I've no issues, however I'm using Win10 Pro. Win10 Home may or may not have issues.  I've seen a LOT more complaints (from a various other games) coming from folks with Win10 Home than from those with Win10 Pro.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »
Stay away from Win 10 Home - windows is bad enough without running microsoft crippleware.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »
crap...the machine i was looking at comes with home.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 08:09:53 PM »
Doesn't mean you cannot get it.  It should be able to handle Win10 Pro, but cannot really be sure unless you post the spec's of the machine.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »
I had been having few problems until the recent Creator's update.  Now my gaming puter is too unstable for me to play.  I'm not sure if it is Win 10 or just circumstantial, and perhaps a hardware problem...still trying to sort it out as I have time, but Win 10 rollback, then perhaps reinstall is coming up next for me to try.....

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 08:55:10 PM »
It works very well.
Depends on who you ask.
A lot of people (names unmentioned) are very against Windows 10.
Myself, I think the game runs "Fantastic" using Windows 10.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »
It works very well.
Depends on who you ask.
A lot of people (names unmentioned) are very against Windows 10.
Myself, I think the game runs "Fantastic" using Windows 10.

Coogan
thanks man. my mother let 10 download onto her laptop when they were trying to forcre it on us....i personally don't like 10. but i wanna start flying again, and want a new machine when i start. this one's old. fans are starting to die. still running 7. and any other excuse i can think of for a new machine, lololol
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
I have a retail copy of Win 10 Home (meaning that I bought it) and to date I haven't had issues from it.........

This may be due to it being a paid-for retail version but FWIW I also put in a lot of time reading up on Win 10 so when I installed it on my Team Red box I didn't use the automated choices, I actually went thru and turned off as much of the stuff that I could that I either 1.) wasn't gonna use or 2.) allowed the telemetry data mining that I didn't want happening during the installation process.

So far, so good for me.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 10:03:16 AM »
I use Windows 10 home and I have absolutely 0 problems with any game I play. The only thing I dislike is the way browsing your computers files is setup. Unless your familiar with Windows Explorer, it'll take a little getting used to. But once you do, it's even easier than 7 or earlier.

- Computer Geek
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »
Windows 10 does have some issues on my computer after updates, causing instability on the machine, though not noticeable in any games.  I've been able to fix them by updating drivers (interestingly, the last one that I had to update to fix it was the Realtek audio, which apparently was updated twice within a week, so either Windows was switching something that didn't play well, or Realtek's first update wasn't all they hoped it would be.  I'm not sure why Windows 10 seems to cause more problems with drivers than previous versions, but I eventually installed one of those driver update programs.  If you don't trust the drivers from the program, you can make a note of what drivers it says need updating and go to the appropriate vendor site instead.

Mike

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »
Runs fine with windows 10 home

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
One hint: At the first boot of a Win10 computer it says there's a few things to do. Then it takes you to a screen telling there's some adjustments to be made. There's a HUGE bar down right saying something like "It's easy, just click here!" while in the down left there's a low contrast petite text saying "please, let me modify". Basically you'd want to disable everything it offers since all the options just want to know you better for targeted advertising. Note that the same thing comes after every version update!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 08:47:53 PM »
I am running Win10 home, the only trouble I have had is the latest update stopped my windows defender and had to go get the fix for that, but it runs the game very very well

SALUTE
AB8AAC/DMDCHIEF
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW