Author Topic: HQ Idea  (Read 981 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
HQ Idea
« on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
As we all know the HQ has been about as useful as me on a bombing run for the past many months. May I make a suggestion. If you can get some troops into an enemy HQ that country can see the enemy radar and ship locations for X-minutes.... Call it stolen battle plans..
Opinions?????
Skuzzy?

Thats my $.02 worth.
Todd

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: HQ Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »
As we all know the HQ has been about as useful as me on a bombing run for the past many months.

That's only because the vast majority of players believes in it. It still can be taken down for a considerable length of time, but this fact is just largely being ignored.  ;)
Only last tour I saw, for the first time in AHIII, an HQ going down, to good effect.

May I make a suggestion. If you can get some troops into an enemy HQ that country can see the enemy radar and ship locations for X-minutes.... Call it stolen battle plans..
Opinions?????

At first glance, a fascinating concept  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
It's been a while since I last saw our HQ down, but I didn't notice dar go down.  Does it have an effect?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:15:00 PM »
The new HQ always impressed me as being constructed to support some kind of assault activity from the ground when I tested it as a pilot walking the grounds looking for bugs to report. So would it be a bomb it down then run in troops or an either or? The first would be almost impossible unless Hitech changed the poundage needed which would bring back greifing of radar. The second, might get some interesting NOE scenarios if the HQ's were in general moved in closer from the back field. But, then it becomes closer for the greifers.

There is a component needed to allow moving the HQ's closer to danger for this. Or move your scenario to the radar factory strat. Maybe a theme of adding a function like this to each kind of strat to accomplish something for your X-minutes that doesn't entail crippling a whole country like many wish Hitech would add as a shortcut to winning the war. I could see GVDAR suddenly for 5 minutes showing red GV icons at all of your bases or some such nonsense. Maybe 262 for the next 5minutes in your country cost 50 perks. If Hitech did something like this he would probably put auto ack so strong at each location it would take a large mission to have enough survivors to run in the troops to get your country it's 5minutes.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:15:36 PM »
It's been a while since I last saw our HQ down, but I didn't notice dar go down.  Does it have an effect?

Wiley.

Hostile dar went completely down. Friendlies I still could see, which I think may have been a bug.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »
Hostile dar went completely down. Friendlies I still could see, which I think may have been a bug.

LOL!  That might have been what I saw too.  I bet it was one of those days where I just saw no enemy dar and assumed no enemy was flying and logged.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
The thing that kinda sucks about HQ runs, chances are, if your country is being pummeled by both sides, your underwater for player numbers, and then someone bombs your HQ because you cannot mount a decent defence...it really is demoralizing to play without radar - I often just log frustrated into the turkey shooting that then ensues - being blind and outgunned and outnumbered.

Now, if we were to take this idea, that the more fields you add, the easier it is to attack an opponent's HQ (who is winning the war), I would offer perhaps that a spawn point opens up near their HQ for tanks if they hit a threshold to put a damper on their war machine. Perk points be damned, I'd up a Tiger II and just have at the enemy HQ.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »
I'm currently kicked back here at HQ drinking a frozen margarita.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »
That's only because the vast majority of players believes in it. It still can be taken down for a considerable length of time, but this fact is just largely being ignored.  ;)
Only last tour I saw, for the first time in AHIII, an HQ going down, to good effect.

At first glance, a fascinating concept  :)

That was our squad taking it down - but you got us shortly after we did...and the damage was done.

It didn't take you guys too long though to get the HQ back up again once you realized what had happened :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
That was our squad taking it down - but you got us shortly after we did...

Shortly after is still too late  :D

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 02:25:05 AM »
I think it was changed due to the fact you could not even find even your own squad mates on the big maps, and never where able to create a fur-balls on them big maps.

An even more effective way of creating confusion would be not to see where you actually are on the map  (your own radar image on map).

In Cliffs of Dover I have made really bad navigation errors after flying in clouds a bit too long :cool:
Also some servers have no icons to add to the confusion. Markings and colors, silhouettes are the idientification method.

Remember - research estimate 10% of all fighter kills in ww2 where friendly fire.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera