Author Topic: Knight high command  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Knight high command
« on: April 28, 2000, 07:08:00 PM »
Hey knights,

Well, how bout we get a volunteer force going? With ranks and everything. I don't necessarily wanna lead such a thing (afterall ive only been here less than 2 months and some of you guys have lots more experience than me) but theres no drection in whjhat we do now. This would be kinda like the unofficial tankers squadron, where yyou would be assigned to a flight, and you would be a part of that "group" .. ie you would fly as a unit, always in the same plane type and same kinda mission .. we could have buff units, fighter units, all the fighter units would be composed of the same plane, mabye flights could be 4 planes each? and there would be a "commander" who would decide what they were gonna do that night, and all the volunteers in the "fake squadron" would do that for that night.. take off at same time, stick to mission objectives, listen to their CO etcera. Would also be good to promote comraderie amongst people in the same unit, right now i see alot of peopleif they got a buddy down low getting banged 4on1 they just stay high and save themselves, mbye this would lead to people "caring" a little more about their teammates.. just some ramblings.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Knight high command
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2000, 07:24:00 PM »
I personally think this is a good idea.  You need to remember, however, that some people only want to play for themselves and don't enjoy flying as a group.  Some people also hate to be told what to do.  (Go figure, they work all day with 8 different people telling them what to do, and when they get home they don't want anyone bossing them around???   )  I don't have a problem with this.  For me though, flying as a group is tons of fun.  The times when my squad is online at the same time is the most fun times to play AH.

I'm sure that people who aren't in a squad, or those who's squad isn't online at the time, would have tons of fun with this idea.

This is also one of the best ways for a newbie to learn ACM.  Just get 1 better-than-average stick and pair him with 3 newbies and watch the kill buffer roll.  It's amazing how well you do with 3 other people watching your 6, while you watch theirs.  SA increases 10 fold and a kill is SOOOO much more satifying with others there to give you a "wtg."  

(Btw: I've seen you in action Zigrat, don't sell yourself short, you are better than many of us who have played here for a long time.   )

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Knight high command
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2000, 07:42:00 PM »
Yeah thats why i said it would be "voluntary" only people who like this type of thing would participate. The good thing about it would be that it would "unite" all the knight squads to one goal then we could destry the bish   Theres alot of guys in TWC, JG2, 332nd, and more who would probably participate in this.. in effect it would be kind of like an allied alliance.. our squads all teaming up for one goal one night a week  Thanks for the input (and the compliment   )

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Knight high command
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2000, 11:14:00 PM »
zigrat your country isn't the problem  

bishops had the same disaster when they owned a1 the knights are having  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Knight high command
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2000, 05:37:00 AM »
Well, the disaster hasn't been so bad.

When I've been online and played, we've been gangbanged severly, but managed to a)defend many bases (A6 was under attack by 15+ bischtuis, and was succesfully defended by 4 knights) and b) prevent reset.

What I have found is that there are periods when no or very few knights are around, and *then* we lose a great number of bases. it seems that knights have a strong presence around 24.00 CET, but poor around 10.00-15.00 CET.

I am sure this is true to some extent with regards to rookies and bischuits, but, as I logged on just minutes ago, and as I have done on many occasions, at this time of the day, being a European, I have consistently seen say 12 bischuits, 8 rookies and 2 (two) knights.

The territory that comes with A1 might be difficult to defend, but it ain't impossible. All comes down to not being A1 focused, *and* have a presence and *good* coordination.

As far as I can tell, there's been one or two resets when the knights have owned A1. Same goes for rookies and bischuits. I think it adds an extra element, the A1 idea, one that I rather like. I like being on either side of  A1, even though I don't thibnk I would volunteer for a bomber strike on it  

The upside to gangbanging(and I regard is as such) is that you have a good number of enemy targets to choose from. I'll probably not fight a 2v8 fight, but a 4v8 I am more than willing to go into, knowing that my Über 190G10 is FAR superior to the pesky P-38 and the puny Sissyfires, not to mention the dweeby F4U's and the hollow, weak 51's.

<checks to see if he has alienated and pissed off 90% of the AH community>

Heheheh all in good jest, of course  

Oh, and DTAS!

<S!>
--
StSanta
II/JG2