Author Topic: it's time to revisit Japan WW2 style...  (Read 4676 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
it's time to revisit Japan WW2 style...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 02:52:48 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992

That doesn't look like a 400-year old boat.

After they kill off a top predator (dolphins) I wonder what happens to the local fish population.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 02:54:34 PM »
Somehow I think we will survive as humans with out dolphin meat.

And we call ourselves the SMART animals:(

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2003, 02:55:08 PM »
Kinda looks like Kool-Aid.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2003, 03:03:05 PM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
Pigs are smart too.  I could always go find a picture of the inside of a pork/bacon processing facility.  I'd bet that's no worse than mickey's pic.

Pigs are different.  I understand what you're saying, but I choose to be difficult :)  This double standard is worth it... dolphins are good in my book.

Pigs deserve to die :)  Ugly bastiges.  I've hated them even more after seeing the movie "Hannibal."   But they taste good.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 03:11:25 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
Pigs are different.  I understand what you're saying, but I choose to be difficult :)  This double standard is worth it... dolphins are good in my book.

Pigs deserve to die :)  Ugly bastiges.  I've hated them even more after seeing the movie "Hannibal."   But they taste good.

That's the point I'm trying to make, and that they tried to make in the article.  It's your culture that says killing dolphins for food is wrong, but killing pigs and cows for food is ok.  It's your culture that dictates that dolphins are cute and pigs and cows are not.  It's your culture that says that a bay filled with the blood of wild and free dolphins is a cruel travesty, but that a slaughterhouse floor covered with the blood of drugged up, captive dead cows and pigs is somehow acceptable.  

Their culture is different, but not any more "wrong" than ours.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 03:17:03 PM »
That's the point I'm trying to make, and that they tried to make in the article.  It's your culture that says killing dolphins for food is wrong, but killing pigs and cows for food is ok.  It's your culture that dictates that dolphins are cute and pigs and cows are not.  It's your culture that says that a bay filled with the blood of wild and free dolphins is a cruel travesty, but that a slaughterhouse floor covered with the blood of drugged up, captive dead cows and pigs is somehow acceptable.  

Their culture is different, but not any more "wrong" than ours.

The pigs and cow are domestic animals breed for the purpose of being killed for food.
The dolphins on the other hand are free and should reamain that way.

Let the Japs eat rice.

Offline MC_Honky

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 03:17:12 PM »
Who cares about freaking Dolphins.  There are a lot of little fish out there that are happy as hell these Dolphins are not around to eat them.  Ask me- those bastards had it comming!!!

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 03:20:53 PM »
Oh won't somebody think of the children!!!!
-SW

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 03:21:24 PM »
OH THE HUMANITY:eek:

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2003, 03:22:21 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Oh won't somebody think of the children!!!!
-SW

Not children, dolphins.  They're killing dolphins.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2003, 03:25:19 PM »
It's your culture that dictates that dolphins are cute and pigs and cows are not.

my personal opinion doesn't care about an animal's "cuteness."  I honestly believe dolphins, fellow mammals and NOT fish (honky), are extremely intelligent and should be placed in a different category from pigs and cows altogether.  Dolphins arent bred for food... they're only semi-renewable until a dolphin hatchery or breeding facility is developed (similar to pig farms).  I dont feel it's apples (dolphins) and oranges (pigs/cows)... dolphins are just another animal aside from humans... I'd say it's a differetn shade of apples, like a macintosh vs a granny smith.  But thats just me.

on any other day or different subject, i'd agree with you 100%, Tarmac.  Right/wrong, good/evil, everything is relative.  Those words were invented to describe what one person feels people "should do" (good), and what people "shoudl not do" (evil).  I just choose to be a t with this issue :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 03:27:46 PM by Octavius »
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2003, 03:26:20 PM »
Great photo! The colors are yummy - is that digital? Very saturated. But very nice - and its framed perfectly.

Oh yeah, we better think about it before we go off on these people fishing dolphins. We slaughter mammals for food on a far larger scale ... and I bet pigs are just as smart in their own oinky way.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2003, 03:27:52 PM »
After they kill off a top predator (dolphins) I wonder what happens to the local fish population

it tries to increase until those are eatten too.  it's all about ballance, you have to eat as many preditors as you do bait-fish or it all gets out of wack

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2003, 03:29:39 PM »
Red meat, white meat, blue meat, meat-o-****ing-rama. You will eat it. Because not eating meat is a decision. Eating meat is an instinct! Yeah! And I know what it's about. "I don't want to eat the meat because I love the animals. I love the animals." Hey, I love the animals too. I love my doggy. He's so cute. My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the ****ing truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!" "Yeah, here's yer ****ing cousin, get on the ****ing truck, pal!" We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.

- Dennis Leary, No Cure for Cancer

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2003, 03:34:15 PM »
Dolphins have been shown to be on a par with chimps and Bonobo's in terms of intelligence. Using sign language the two apes have been taught to communicate hundreds of words and to form sentences. One can only assume that Dolphins have similar possibilities once a suitable communication method is devised. Using them for food is just horrible.

Unless the steak is cooked medium rare, with a side of mushrooms.

:cool: