Author Topic: Change the map rotation slightly?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Change the map rotation slightly?
« on: November 01, 2003, 03:54:44 AM »
I like an MA in which everyone is happy. :) We've all got our favourite maps and favoutite planes, and as long as everyone gets a slice of what they want at some time of the cycle, that's a good situation.

So I felt a bit sorry for the furballers yesterday. No sooner have we parted with the Pizza map when up comes their second most despised map, Big Isles. I personally don't have a problem on BI, especially as there are often CV battles to be found. But I can see the difficulties for the furballers.

Given that Pizza is juxtaposed with BI in the map cycle, there's a two in three chance that Fester's QWW™ map will be juxtaposed with the small maps  (ie. unless Trinity comes between those two). That would be bad for those who prefer longer flights, higher altitudes, and dislike having interlopers appearing from a field 2 minutes away. So why not have a rotation like this: [list=1]
  • Pizza
  • Fester's QWW™
  • Big Isles
  • Children's
  • Trinity
That way, the furballers would have something they really look forward to right after the maps they dislike give way to the next in the cycle, and the rest of us would not be subject to two consecutive weeks of Aerial Quake.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 05:51:57 AM »
Skuzzy has changed the current rotation a bit...if Big Isles is reset, the arena will switch to SFMA, then back to Big Isles, etc...
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 06:43:16 AM »
Maaaaan, I wish we had Fester's map more than once every five weeks.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
New Furballer Map (recommendation)
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 08:43:44 AM »
I suggest someone build the following into a map. No GVs No strat no manneable AAA; auto-AAA 88s that hit you EVERYTIME to get above 6k and no admiral driven CVs (all of them on auto circle).

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 09:29:40 AM »
wow metatron what an imagination you have I cant wait to fly on that.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 09:32:31 AM »
I was thinking of you when I made it Fester.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 09:58:18 AM »
on a scale of imagination spanning the entire universe this excuse for an insult of a furball map has a subatomic imagination factor.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 10:10:03 AM »
Cit, basically the problem is that your map allows all options. It doesn't try to force the "war winning" mentality.

Sure, the war-winners can still play their game, just as they can on any other map.

However, it also allows for great furballing and that just CANNOT be tolerated.

As a famous war winner told me in the MA the other night. "I sank the CV because too many guys are furballing. They need to be helping win the war."

Thus, it doesn't suit them when other folks don't play their game.

As Laz has pointed out many, many times. They need "mom" to make the other kids play with them.

Isn't that right, Voss?

Hey, how'd your squad take the announcement anyway?  :rofl
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2003, 10:51:36 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
on a scale of imagination spanning the entire universe this excuse for an insult of a furball map has a subatomic imagination factor.

Your attempt at an intelligently constructed insult falls far short of the mark fester. Have a cup of coffee and try again.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2003, 11:36:17 AM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
Your attempt at an intelligently constructed insult falls far short of the mark fester. Have a cup of coffee and try again.

You just can't learn can you and after all of these years and all of the strife.

You should stop before history repeats itself.

Offline mos

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2003, 02:25:32 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

As a famous war winner told me in the MA the other night. "I sank the CV because too many guys are furballing. They need to be helping win the war."

Sigh...  I was having fun in that furball, too.

Too bad the strat guys don't realize that if I don't feel like flying strat (I do on occasion), and I can't find a good CV furball, I just log.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2003, 03:04:30 PM »
However, it also allows for great furballing and that just CANNOT be tolerated.

Oh brother.  Lay it on, Toady, lay it on thick.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2003, 03:07:49 PM »
Somebody hurry up and reset Bigisles so that Uterus will be up tonight.  

Glad to hear about the map rotation change.  Now I don't have to take entire weeks off; I can at least hope that a small map will be up.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2003, 03:47:48 PM »
As Laz has pointed out many, many times. They need "mom" to make the other kids play with them.
So instead, we had "Dad" tell us how the map must look so as to manufacture those oh-so-meaningful and oh-so-realistic fights at 6K by artificial means...

Offline mos

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2003, 04:02:47 PM »
Forgive me for butting in, but why does it matter if the fights other people engage in are meaningful or realistic?