Author Topic: Fully loaded Chinook shot down in Iraq  (Read 4680 times)

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Fully loaded Chinook shot down in Iraq
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2003, 10:35:05 PM »
Bottom line is the lose of life sux:mad:

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2003, 12:48:49 AM »
Originally posted by mrblack
Bottom line is the lose of life sux:mad:

I dont think you really believe that.

We have to make the penalties much stiffer for gun crimes. And inforce them. HARD TIME!!! And I mean HARD TIME none of this oh please reforme me BS. put there butts to work(cool hand luke style). Till the day they DIE. And If they kill someone then give em the needle fast. None of this sitting on death row for 10 years farting around on appeals. Get tha watermelon over with give the clown his due process and then kill him"
[/size][/b]
Thats you ^.  and another
"But I do live in America and If you break into my house you DIE! that simple, nothing more nothing less. Thank God I live in a country that allows me to protect myself and my family
GOD BLESS AMERICA"
[/size][/b]

Eh?
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2003, 11:24:52 AM »
Originally posted by MJHerman
If I recall correctly, and it has been some time since my army days, SA-7s are not "all aspect".  I seem to recall that they need to see the heat source before they will track, which means that most sucessful shots need to be from the rear quarter.  If so, the Chinook crew may not have seen them coming or had a chance to react.

Credit goes to the crew for bringing the bird down with any survivors at all.

I never shot a Strela-2, but I have played with a launcher for some time when I was in college. It has a "rear hemisphere" ("Vdogon") button. As far as I remember we were told that this missiles are most effective from forward hemisphere, they have a "core" warhead that explodes into a ring (in fact a round chain) that cuts the enemy wings off.

The whole accident looks like a Mi-26 catastrophe in Hankala, Chechnya, last summer. Mi-26 was carrying more then 150 men, hit by a "manpad" and ditched on a mine field :(

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2003, 12:21:01 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
I dont think you really believe that.

[/size]
Thats you ^.  and another
[/size]

Eh? [/B]

Bonehead I was reffering to the soldiers lose of life.
As far as criminal dying LOL well The only problem with that is it don/t happen fast enough:aok

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2003, 05:39:16 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda

The whole accident looks like a Mi-26 catastrophe in Hankala, Chechnya, last summer. Mi-26 was carrying more then 150 men, hit by a "manpad" and ditched on a mine field :(

Jeebus Cripes!!! Some folks have all the luck eh?
What happened Boroda? Anyone make it out alive?

Reminds me a bit of a show I saw on telly about this bloke (Troy Dann....complete tool extrodinaire) in Australia's Northern Territory mustering cattle with a Bell 47.
He lost power due to some mechanical/hydraulic malfunction, and had to put the chopper down ASAP....he did it safely, just..........he put it down in 5 foot of water in the middle of a swamp, right next to a saltie's nesting sight.
Ma Croc wasnt impressed to say the least.