Author Topic: Nash...  (Read 679 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Nash...
« on: November 03, 2003, 10:50:32 PM »
Nash,

I was at work today, shooting rivets into a cowling for a T-6 engine, and thoughts about my younger brother popped into my mind.  Like how he used to laugh at my faces I made when I rivet, or to the awe he held me in after I took him for a flight with just a student pilot's license.  These thoughts inevitably led to thoughts of the call I received of his death... the flight home, the identification, facing our parents to tell them...

Nash, these thoughts also led to you.  I know things are tough now, and I pray for you daily.  As it is, I am trying to move across the country, and am in a bit of a fight myself... so I understand frustration.   Just hang in there, and if you need to talk, email me @ northpointaerowc@aol.com  I'll give you my number.  Just don't think you can kick this demon alone, it is against the odds my friend, and I hate to see you succomb.  

Take care my friend.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: Nash...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 11:05:22 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Nash,

I was at work today, shooting rivets into a cowling for a T-6 engine, and thoughts about my younger brother popped into my mind.  Like how he used to laugh at my faces I made when I rivet, or to the awe he held me in after I took him for a flight with just a student pilot's license.  These thoughts inevitably led to thoughts of the call I received of his death... the flight home, the identification, facing our parents to tell them...

Nash, these thoughts also led to you.  I know things are tough now, and I pray for you daily.  As it is, I am trying to move across the country, and am in a bit of a fight myself... so I understand frustration.   Just hang in there, and if you need to talk, email me @ northpointaerowc@aol.com  I'll give you my number.  Just don't think you can kick this demon alone, it is against the odds my friend, and I hate to see you succomb.  

Take care my friend.

Damn Bodhi, I feel so bad for you losing your brother. I'm the oldest in my family and feel so protective of my younger 3 brothers and one sister. I can't imagine losing one, yet I sometimes worry that one of them will pass before I do. I can't imagine the pain. I sometimes have nightmares of losing one of my siblings that seem so real, and it makes me pray that I will go before any of one them.

And Nash I really hope you will get some help .

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Nash...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 02:34:54 AM »
Bodhi you are awesome for thinking about me.... thanks. I'm making a song for your bro right now... It's nothing really but.... shud be done in a coupla hrs. I can't even imagine going through that. I hate HATE that some make me feel like a goof for saying this but y o u r w o r d s a r e h e l p i n g m e. Thank you.

I'll post an update tmrw.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Nash...
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 03:58:52 AM »
Okay it's an absolute toejam mix so please wear headphones or turn it up a bit loud but either way have a seat this is the sound of your brother.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Nash...
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 05:47:27 AM »
Thanks Nash, appreciate the song.

Hang tough... remember that you are more important then anything else and that you are loved by familiy and friends alike.  

Will say it again, go to your Doctor today for a check up to make sure your blood work is ok, and that you are getting the necessasary vitamins and that ilk.  It will make all the difference.

You can do it.

:aok
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Nash...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 07:51:03 AM »
listen to Bodhi

& stay strong Nash
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Nash...
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 08:26:05 AM »
Nash ole buddy, have you gone in for professional help yet? You really shouldn't do this on your own.

Please go and get help in your battle, don't do it alone.

:)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Nash...
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 09:01:24 AM »
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Nash...
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 03:23:47 PM »
Nash,

Keep hanging in there. Take it in small bites. Don't get concerned with thinking about "the rest of your life" and let it overwhelm you. Everyone lives just one day at a time. Set your goals to be realistic and give yourself credit for making them happen. It's ALL just one day (or half day) at a time.

Thinking about ya and words to the Man upstairs.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown